Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Manulife Financial
- Business Analyst (4)
- Group Benefits Customer Service Representative (3)
- Actuarial Co-op (3)
- Client Account Representative (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Director (3)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Financial Advisor (2)
- Senior Actuarial Analyst (2)
- Disability Case Manager (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Senior Business Analyst (2)
- Actuarial Development Program (2)
- Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Rehabilitation Specialist (1)
- Java Applications Developer (1)
- Market Research Consultant (1)
- New Graduate Program (1)
- Summer Position -- Audit (1)
- General Leadership Program (1)
- Group Disability (1)
- Business Systems Analyst - Consultant (1)
- Senior Consultant - IT Infrastructure Change Management (1)
- Actuarial Graduate Program (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET) (1)
- Technology Analyst (Multiple Opportunities) - Coop (1)
- Actuarial Internship Program (1)
- Senior Actuarial Analyst III (1)
- Developer/Designer/Programmer (1)
Responded to questions on Taleo. Interview process: HR, Hiring Manager, Panel Interview with peer group. Interviews were very honest about the company culture. Fit seemed to be as important as technical knowledge, experience and education. All interviewers presented a very accurate picture of what to expect. Overall, the process was smooth and relatively quick.
- Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical behavioural question types. Answer Question
Salary was not negotiable. I took the job nonetheless to get in the door as the future opportunities seemed promising.
Other Interview Reviews for Manulife Financial
Director InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.
I did not have the desired background for the position, so I never made it past the initial phone screen, but I have to say that the recruiter I dealt with was, hands down, the most professional recruiter I have ever had the pleasure of talking to. The phone screen was thorough, logical and clearly laid out. Once the candidate pool had been narrowed down she called (not emailed) me to provide me with feedback and an explanation of why I hadn't been selected to move further along in the process. I was very impressed with her, and even though I wasn't selected by Manulife my experience left me with a very positive impression.
Director InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.
The HR interview was a basic behavioural interview which moved onto three more interviews with the hiring manager and other leaders, again behavioural type questions. There was a skills test as well as a personality test which took about an hour.
- All questions were standard. Answer Question
Salary slightly. It can be difficult to negotiate salary and vacation time depending on your level.