Manulife Financial

65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Compliance Specialist Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2009.

Interview Details – Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   View Answer
  • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   View Answers (2)

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – 2 very friendly interviewer interviewed me. They were so nice that they talked to me as if they were my friends. They are mostly looking for people who are good at interacting with people so the interview for Coops wasn't hard. As reflected by the interviewers, the work place was friendly and professional.

Interview Question – None. The interview was more like a chat so it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a coop position, so nothing could be negotiated.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Manulife Financial

Interview Details – good, phone interview by HR and then two management together just one time, one hour, deal

Interview Question – nothing difficult, it is more about people who fit or not   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone with mostly technical questions. Second interview was more about past experience and some more technical questions as well as why I want to work there. Third interview was more architectural questions and discussion about the position. The technical questions were all pretty general, nothing about specific algorithms or data structures.

Interview Question – How would you design a software system that does X?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me what my range was and I ended up getting pretty much right in the middle. Offer was from HR representative over the phone, didn't negotiate salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – standard interview, first you get a phone interview, and then is the senior advisor's face to face interview, and then is the final interview. The phone interview is very basic, they basically ask some questions from your resume and then set up a time with you for the next interview. The 2nd and 3rd are pretty much the same, they ask very straight forward questions. e.g. why you choose this job?

Client Services Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – Too many interview process for success a entry level position. A Canadian Company that has to also report to the American Division.

Interview Question – Why do you think we can benefit from your past experience here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Actuarial Assistant

Interviewed at Manulife Financial

Interview Details – mostly behavioral questions

Interview Question – risks about life insurance   Answer Question

Rehab Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – interview only
behavioural based, looking for thought processes

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Mortgage Servicing Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process as any other company. Was interviewed by HR first and then the hiring manager. Was offered a job after two weeks of hiring manager interview.

Interview Question – Didn't find any question difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manulife Financial

Worked for Manulife Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Manulife Financial Videos

Manulife Financial – Why Work for Us?

Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Since welcoming its first customers in 1887, Manulife Financial has built a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Manulife Financial interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by Manulife Financial employees and interview candidates.