Manulife Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014
77 interviews

Senior Sales Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Initial contact interview w HR Rep - Self Assessment Test - Phone Interview w Manager - Phone Interview w Manager's Assistant - Video Conference call w Manager and National Sales Manager - Check references - Job offer - This process took 60 days

Interview Questions
    • Immediate Manager would have been a woman - Male interviewer asks in front of soon to be manager, "Would you rather work for a man or a woman?"   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2009.

Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

None

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2012.

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   View Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   View Answers (2)

Java Applications Developer Interview

interviewed at Manulife Financial in December 2011.

HR interview with some typical HR questions. Then interview with Manager and Tech Lead for an hour Java and Object Oriented questions. Basic (inheritence, polymorphism, inheritence etc)to JVM, Gave a case from which designing class and interfaces..

The manager, looking my education and experience proposed the salary that I accepted.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial in June 2014.

This was an extremely long process. After applying online it took about a month to hear a reply. 2 weeks later there was a 30 min phone interview regarding background, salary expectations and an deeper explanation of the direction the company was taking. Next step was a 3 person interview about 3 weeks later. Interview was held at their Waterloo office and lasted 1 hour. They asked several competency-based interview questions, asked if I had any questions and then the interview was over. About two week waiting time to hear a response as to the position being filled. A little over a 2 month process.
    The entire process was riddled with inconsistency and the hiring manager seemed a bit disorganized. Confirmed dates being missed, feedback promised and never fulfilled, interview questions being read off of a piece of paper and clearly just plucked from a website. That being said the interviewers themselves were pleasant and did not make the process uncomfortable. It would have helped to have more information about what kinds of things to expect at the interview.
    Looked like a nice place to work, however, it seems evident that they are not very organized with the interview process yet, seemed very off the cuff.

Interview Questions
    • What mistakes have you made and how did you approach fixing them?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Cannot remember the details. Just as normal insurance company.
    written test, interview with HR and line manager, etc. It wont be too difficult and the HRs are quite nice actually. They always welcome ex-employees to rejoin the company.

Interview Questions
    • Dun remember the details, and they didn't ask diffcult or unexpected question. Depends on the line manager and position that you applying for.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in July 2014.

I applied through a recruiting agency and heard back from Manulife within a week for an interview. The interview was a bit long (little over an hour) and had two people asking questions. The entire interview process was very fast as I found out 3 days later that I did not get an offer.

Senior Actuarial Analyst III Interview

went to second round for campus recruiting, first round was 2 to 1 interview for about 45 mins, no hard questions. Second round was day long, lots of detail questions based on my experiences, there was a British lady who has really heavy accent, had a hard time to understand her questions

Disability Case Manager Interview

The first telephone interview was an initial screening checking that I knew basic information about Manulife and that I had the required education. The second interview was longer asking me about different scenarios, what I would do if I had conflict with a conflict with a person, conflict with a manager, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions but second telephone was long (80 minutes)   Answer Question

Contract Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in February 2011.

I was hired via a recruiter. The recruiter contact me and set up the interview. I interview only one time. The interviewers were two senior managers. They asked me about my previous PM backround.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a hourly rate and accepted after one round of negotiation.

Worked for Manulife Financial? Contribute to the Community!