Manulife Financial

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.9

Senior Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

Initial contact interview w HR Rep - Self Assessment Test - Phone Interview w Manager - Phone Interview w Manager's Assistant - Video Conference call w Manager and National Sales Manager - Check references - Job offer - This process took 60 days

Interview Questions
    • Immediate Manager would have been a woman - Male interviewer asks in front of soon to be manager, "Would you rather work for a man or a woman?"   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2012.

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   View Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   View Answers (2)

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2009.

Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

None

Communications Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Typical hiring process. Be prepared for questions about your previous roles. Be prepared for more than one interview. Dress well and professionally. Don't be late for the interview. Be sure to follow up with a thank you afterward.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Manulife Financial in November 2014.

1) Aptitude Test
        - Part I : Write algorithm to solve math problem
        - Part II: Trace program flow using flowchart

2) Interview with HR and Engineer
        - Typical interview question such as Strenght, Final Year Project, Job Expectation.
        - Simple IQ Test

- Office is cool, not great but good enough to work in
    - Got beautiful view of Kuala Lumpur
    - Interviewer are nice and friendly

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but unexpected : "Your opinion on good etiquette in code writing"   Answer Question

Client Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial in November 2014.

The interview process was quick. After 5 days of submitting my resume, I was scheduled on the following day for a 30 minute phone interview. The 2 interviewers were nice and the questions were generally easy. After 3 days, someone from HR called, asked a few questions regarding work and scheduled me for testing and another round of interviews with the team leads.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were able to do a task before but couldn't do now.   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Manulife Financial in October 2014.

Applied online. Received an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Interviewer was really nice. I got an email 1 week later saying they had gone with another candidate.

Director Interview

Responded to questions on Taleo. Interview process: HR, Hiring Manager, Panel Interview with peer group. Interviews were very honest about the company culture. Fit seemed to be as important as technical knowledge, experience and education. All interviewers presented a very accurate picture of what to expect. Overall, the process was smooth and relatively quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical behavioural question types.   Answer Question
    Salary was not negotiable. I took the job nonetheless to get in the door as the future opportunities seemed promising.

Business Analyst Interview

Cannot remember the details. Just as normal insurance company.
    written test, interview with HR and line manager, etc. It wont be too difficult and the HRs are quite nice actually. They always welcome ex-employees to rejoin the company.

Interview Questions
    • Dun remember the details, and they didn't ask diffcult or unexpected question. Depends on the line manager and position that you applying for.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial in July 2014.

I applied through a recruiting agency and heard back from Manulife within a week for an interview. The interview was a bit long (little over an hour) and had two people asking questions. The entire interview process was very fast as I found out 3 days later that I did not get an offer.