Manulife Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

Client Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick. After 5 days of submitting my resume, I was scheduled on the following day for a 30 minute phone interview. The 2 interviewers were nice and the questions were generally easy. After 3 days, someone from HR called, asked a few questions regarding work and scheduled me for testing and another round of interviews with the team leads.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to do a task before but couldn't do now.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Manulife Financial in November 2014.

Interview

1) Aptitude Test
        - Part I : Write algorithm to solve math problem
        - Part II: Trace program flow using flowchart

2) Interview with HR and Engineer
        - Typical interview question such as Strenght, Final Year Project, Job Expectation.
        - Simple IQ Test

- Office is cool, not great but good enough to work in
    - Got beautiful view of Kuala Lumpur
    - Interviewer are nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult but unexpected : "Your opinion on good etiquette in code writing"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial in October 2014.

Interview

Firstly the call me for the phone interview. Only the basic questions and then they invited me to do the face to face interview. For the interview, only aswering the technical test that needs me to answer flow chart and algorithms questions. If you fail to answer technical test, they will just ask u to back home. Really disappointed with their HR because they make me waiting for the answer but the staff there is quite friendly.

Interview Questions

• Flow chart question is quite confusing because it needs u to calculate the number in the box. And most of my time was spend to create the box using the ruler.   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Interviewer was really nice. I got an email 1 week later saying they had gone with another candidate.

Director Interview

Interview

Responded to questions on Taleo. Interview process: HR, Hiring Manager, Panel Interview with peer group. Interviews were very honest about the company culture. Fit seemed to be as important as technical knowledge, experience and education. All interviewers presented a very accurate picture of what to expect. Overall, the process was smooth and relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical behavioural question types.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable. I took the job nonetheless to get in the door as the future opportunities seemed promising.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Cannot remember the details. Just as normal insurance company.
    written test, interview with HR and line manager, etc. It wont be too difficult and the HRs are quite nice actually. They always welcome ex-employees to rejoin the company.

Interview Questions

• Dun remember the details, and they didn't ask diffcult or unexpected question. Depends on the line manager and position that you applying for.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting agency and heard back from Manulife within a week for an interview. The interview was a bit long (little over an hour) and had two people asking questions. The entire interview process was very fast as I found out 3 days later that I did not get an offer.

IT Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in June 2014.

Interview

I came by walk in. the process
    2 types of exam
    1. written exam English comprehension, Math, Logic and you will write an essay
    2. online exam for 15mins 1-50 items

Interview
    Oral communication/ HR interview
    Technical Interview
    then if you pass the Technical Interview you'll be interviewed by the Business Unit.
    the Job offer

Interview Questions

• technical question
      regarding your thesis project. what's your contribution, how did you handle difficulties.

how can you handle pressure.

Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview

went to second round for campus recruiting, first round was 2 to 1 interview for about 45 mins, no hard questions. Second round was day long, lots of detail questions based on my experiences, there was a British lady who has really heavy accent, had a hard time to understand her questions

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

This was an extremely long process. After applying online it took about a month to hear a reply. 2 weeks later there was a 30 min phone interview regarding background, salary expectations and an deeper explanation of the direction the company was taking. Next step was a 3 person interview about 3 weeks later. Interview was held at their Waterloo office and lasted 1 hour. They asked several competency-based interview questions, asked if I had any questions and then the interview was over. About two week waiting time to hear a response as to the position being filled. A little over a 2 month process.
    The entire process was riddled with inconsistency and the hiring manager seemed a bit disorganized. Confirmed dates being missed, feedback promised and never fulfilled, interview questions being read off of a piece of paper and clearly just plucked from a website. That being said the interviewers themselves were pleasant and did not make the process uncomfortable. It would have helped to have more information about what kinds of things to expect at the interview.
    Looked like a nice place to work, however, it seems evident that they are not very organized with the interview process yet, seemed very off the cuff.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes have you made and how did you approach fixing them?   Answer Question