Manulife Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial in October 2012.

Interview Details – First Round: HR Recruiters, questions about background and reasons why I wanted to join
Second Round: SVP and AVP, questions around what I brought to the table, some technical skills questions, more about fit and what my future goals were. As this role was based more on leadership they were looking for people they could groom into a future business leader.

Interview Question – What are some of the greatest challenges you feel are facing insurance today and how do you feel your skill set can help Manulife overcome or help to address these issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depends on the manager. I negotiated a later start date and an extra month off (unpaid) at anytime during my first year.

Market Research Consultant Interview

Market Research Consultant
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email to set up an interview appointment. So there was no initial screening phone interview. 2 persons panel. One was the most senior guy in the team and the other was a lady who had been working for over a decade as a Junior Consultant. This puzzled me a lot that why someone with so many years of experience is not being promoted to the Consultant position, simply. Perhaps hours issue.

Job title and job description were not matching the actual requirements of the role. They needed a project manager more than a research consultant.

Interview Question – Talk about project management experience
Show that you can handle the logistics part of the research as well as the analysis and report writing
  Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (.NET) Interview

Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was for the .NET technical positions at Manu Life, Kuala Lumpur

Resumes will be screened and shortlisted for the specific technology ex. C# , VB.NET, Team Lead

We have to complete the physical application form and submit all the required documents

There will be an initial 2 hours of written test, the test consist of objective question mostly from the Microsoft.NET 2.0 certification (MCP) papers. It is advisable to go through the MCP dumps well.

If we are shortlisted, there will be face to face interview with a technical project manager.

We are required to explain all the current project technically
There are no much technical questions involved, but they will check candidates confidence towards work.

Pros: Mid shift work (1pm to 10 pm) every day
Have to work on National holidays
2 years contract job for foreign employees
The location is in Damansara, there is no stable public transport

Interview Question – MCP .NET framework 2.0 questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offered salary was less than the expected salary
The job was a mid shift (1pm to 10 pm)

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative Interview

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were about 3 interviews, first on telephone, then with manager and then with the director. Overall a positive and professional experience

Interview Question – Typical questions in an interview related to the job   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Actuarial Co-op
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – 2 very friendly interviewer interviewed me. They were so nice that they talked to me as if they were my friends. They are mostly looking for people who are good at interacting with people so the interview for Coops wasn't hard. As reflected by the interviewers, the work place was friendly and professional.

Interview Question – None. The interview was more like a chat so it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a coop position, so nothing could be negotiated.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Senior Tax Analyst

Interviewed at Manulife Financial

Interview Details – good, phone interview by HR and then two management together just one time, one hour, deal

Interview Question – nothing difficult, it is more about people who fit or not   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone with mostly technical questions. Second interview was more about past experience and some more technical questions as well as why I want to work there. Third interview was more architectural questions and discussion about the position. The technical questions were all pretty general, nothing about specific algorithms or data structures.

Interview Question – How would you design a software system that does X?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me what my range was and I ended up getting pretty much right in the middle. Offer was from HR representative over the phone, didn't negotiate salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – standard interview, first you get a phone interview, and then is the senior advisor's face to face interview, and then is the final interview. The phone interview is very basic, they basically ask some questions from your resume and then set up a time with you for the next interview. The 2nd and 3rd are pretty much the same, they ask very straight forward questions. e.g. why you choose this job?

Client Services Interview

Client Services
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – Too many interview process for success a entry level position. A Canadian Company that has to also report to the American Division.

Interview Question – Why do you think we can benefit from your past experience here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it