Manulife Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014
77 interviews

Rehab Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

interview only
    behavioural based, looking for thought processes

Mortgage Servicing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in September 2010.

Interview process as any other company. Was interviewed by HR first and then the hiring manager. Was offered a job after two weeks of hiring manager interview.

Mortgage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial in May 2013.

Applied online and was selected for an interview. Asked me about my background, how it related to the position, but at the same time told me not to worry about lack of real estate experience, that I would be given training later. Hiring manager was really difficult to engage in positive conversation, seemed a bit aloof.

Did not hear back for several weeks after the interview, and was only made aware that I had not made it to second rounds when I sent three emails in a row asking about the status of my application.

The process also took a really long time - I interviewed at the end of May, and the hiring manager said that they "were hoping to have made a hiring decision by the end of July."

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions - they tried to gauge my knowledge of and interest in real estate.   Answer Question

Developer/Designer/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Manulife Financial in June 2012.

Consisted of a 1:1 interview. The interview was very laid back. It consisted of a couple of technical questions, as well as some personality based questions. Most of the ending of the interview was just general discussion.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

The process began with a brief telephone screening interview to confirm my application details, availability and prior experience. They followed up with an in person interview at their office. The interview was mainly behavioral based. The following round was a technical/behavioural interview with the group I would be working with. First round interviews were about an hour, as were second rounds.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly standard. Large emphasis on fit.   Answer Question

Actuarial Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interviewers were two actuarial managers from Manulife. They were very professional but friendly. Most questions were about my resume. They asked detailed questions regarding to my experience.

Client Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

First phone interview with HR representative. Second phone interview with potential manager/supervisor. Would have moved to an in-person interview along with a math and reading comprehension test. Then an offer is made if successful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had so much work to do you could not finish it all. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went out of your way to help a distressed teammate.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about this position? Why did you choose to apply?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

HR recruitment initial screening interview. HR Director interview. Hiring manager's interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult co-workers? Criticisms?   Answer Question

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative Interview

Very straight forward interview. complete a short computer simulation to make sure you get the idea of how call centre customer service works. basic computer skills needed. interview basically went over my experience and asked about past examples of dealing with difficult customers, how you helped customers and problem solving,

Interview Questions
    • give me some examples of times when you had to deal with an irate customer and explain how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in November 2012.

Resume Submission

MTS HR will receive candidate’s resume from the above sources and send receipt acknowledgement emails. Candidates will be informed that their applications will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

Initial Screening

Resume of candidates are reviewed to determine if they meet our minimum requirements based on the requirements set in the job advertisement. MTS HR will make a note if candidates are suitable for other vacancies as well. If candidates meet the minimum requirements, a system details document will be sent to candidates requesting them to inform us of their relevant working experience based on the format given. Candidates are also requested to send us relevant certificates and transcripts for record purposes. A phone interview will also be scheduled.

Phone Interview

The phone interview should take less than 30 minutes to complete. General questions regarding candidates working experience will be asked during the phone interview. Other questions include; candidate’s education, acceptability to working conditions, reason for leaving job, current and expected salary and availability for a face-to-face interview. All documents and information gathered will be reverted to the technical manager who will then decide whether to proceed with the face-to-face interview.

Face to face Interview(s) + Technical Assessment

During the face-to-face interview, more technical related questions will be asked to the candidate. Candidates can also use this opportunity to enquire of the job function and what is expected of them to determine if the job meets their aspirations. The interview can last from 1hour to 1.5hours.

The technical assessment is not compulsory. It depends on the results of the interview. If candidates are required to take a technical assessment, candidate can either choose to complete the assessment on the same day as the interview, arrange another date for the assessment or decide to not take it at all if he/she feels the applied position does not meet his/her expectations. The technical assessment could take from 2hours to 3hours depending on how fast the candidate completes the assessment. However, candidates are encouraged to utilize the time allocated wisely.

Job Offer

After the face-to-face interview and technical assessment, interviewers will decide whether or not the candidate is suitable for the applied vacancy. If decided to offer the position to candidates, MTS HR will relay the good news to the candidate and prepare the candidate’s offer letter and other relevant documents.

Interview Questions
    • Related to IT Positions - Technical
      Related to other positions - Non Technical (Behavioral)
        Answer Question
    •Poll your colleagues and find out what kind of offers they've received from similar companies.

•Look over your employment package and consider your expenses. What areas of the offer could be improved?

•Carefully develop your negotiation strategy based on solid justification for why you need to augment your package.