Manulife Financial

2.9

Actuarial Assistant Interview

mostly behavioral questions

Senior Software Engineer (.NET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2014.

This was for the .NET technical positions at Manu Life, Kuala Lumpur

Resumes will be screened and shortlisted for the specific technology ex. C# , VB.NET, Team Lead

We have to complete the physical application form and submit all the required documents

There will be an initial 2 hours of written test, the test consist of objective question mostly from the Microsoft.NET 2.0 certification (MCP) papers. It is advisable to go through the MCP dumps well.

If we are shortlisted, there will be face to face interview with a technical project manager.

We are required to explain all the current project technically
    There are no much technical questions involved, but they will check candidates confidence towards work.

Pros: Mid shift work (1pm to 10 pm) every day
    Have to work on National holidays
    2 years contract job for foreign employees
    The location is in Damansara, there is no stable public transport

Interview Questions

The offered salary was less than the expected salary
    The job was a mid shift (1pm to 10 pm)

Market Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2014.

Received an email to set up an interview appointment. So there was no initial screening phone interview. 2 persons panel. One was the most senior guy in the team and the other was a lady who had been working for over a decade as a Junior Consultant. This puzzled me a lot that why someone with so many years of experience is not being promoted to the Consultant position, simply. Perhaps hours issue.

Job title and job description were not matching the actual requirements of the role. They needed a project manager more than a research consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about project management experience
      Show that you can handle the logistics part of the research as well as the analysis and report writing

Answer Question

Rehab Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

interview only
    behavioural based, looking for thought processes

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Manulife Financial.

The process began with a brief telephone screening interview to confirm my application details, availability and prior experience. They followed up with an in person interview at their office. The interview was mainly behavioral based. The following round was a technical/behavioural interview with the group I would be working with. First round interviews were about an hour, as were second rounds.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly standard. Large emphasis on fit.   Answer Question

Actuarial Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interviewers were two actuarial managers from Manulife. They were very professional but friendly. Most questions were about my resume. They asked detailed questions regarding to my experience.

Client Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

First phone interview with HR representative. Second phone interview with potential manager/supervisor. Would have moved to an in-person interview along with a math and reading comprehension test. Then an offer is made if successful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had so much work to do you could not finish it all. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went out of your way to help a distressed teammate.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about this position? Why did you choose to apply?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

HR recruitment initial screening interview. HR Director interview. Hiring manager's interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult co-workers? Criticisms?   Answer Question

Group Benefits Customer Service Representative Interview

Very straight forward interview. complete a short computer simulation to make sure you get the idea of how call centre customer service works. basic computer skills needed. interview basically went over my experience and asked about past examples of dealing with difficult customers, how you helped customers and problem solving,

Interview Questions
    • give me some examples of times when you had to deal with an irate customer and explain how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

I applied over their website and was contacted by HR 4 weeks later.
    After the HR interview I met with the Director of my area and we talked about go forward process.
    Last interview was with the AVP who eventually hired me.

It was quick