Manulife Financial

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution Interview

Distribution

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – Minimum of two interviews (not including HR only). Writing tests, situational testing.

Interview Question – responding to a situational question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negocitate your vacation going in.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial in September 2011.

Interview Details – When we were looking for senior analysts we relied on Manulife HR to drive the job search process. Referrals were welcome and were interviewed first however the hiring process was fair to applicants selected with the help of HR.

The candidates were measured for technical acumen, team chemistry and client relation experience. All team members had an opportunity to communicate with the candidates giving us enough information to make the right decision.

Interview Question – Identifying the most challenging aspect in their previous job(s)   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in February 2013.

Interview Details – Friendly and fast

Interview Question – anticipated questions: Tell me about yourself, your previous work experience, strengths and weaknesses, have you had conflict with your co-worker before?   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Receive phone call - Phone interview
2. After passing the phone interview, appointment will be made for first interview.
3. Attend the first interview - by HR, asking about some general question (non-technical), more to your knowledge, skills, general questions on the work willingness, etc. You will need to do some technical / problem solving test. Total length of first interview is around 2.5 - 3 hours.
4. If you passed the first interview, will be notify by phone call, to make appointment for 2nd interview.
5. Second interview, is conducted by manager, AVP or VP. They will ask about your previous experiences and let you know what they might offer you. Second interview will be around 1 hour.
6. They will notify you by phone call if you are hired.

Interview Question – What is your plan in your next 3 - 5 years period?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got a callback from HR a week later to schedule a phone interview. Had a second phone interview with a team member. Then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. Then an interview with 2 other team members whom I'd be working closely with. The next day I was emailed the good news of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a conflict and how did it turn out.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to make a quick decision, give details.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in June 2009.

Interview Details – Secured an interview through an internal referral. The interview process was very technical with questions ranging from market commentary to valuation to a discussion on the mortgage crisis.

Interview Question – Valuation of an interest rate swap   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back 2 weeks later. There were two rounds of interviews plus an initial phone screen, all about 1 week apart. First interview consisted of generic behavioral questions. Second interview was a week later with higher ups and similar questions. There were two interviewers at both.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you experienced a problem with another person at the workplace, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – Very polite interviewers, but they mostly just read off a sheet of questions. They seemed relatively interest in my answers, but they weren't fully connecting with me because they kept looking down to write most of my answers onto their sheets.

Interview Question – "Give us an example of something you've taught yourself and how you've used it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Planner Interview

Financial Planner

Interviewed at Manulife Financial

Interview Details – The whole interview was centered on whether you wanted to be a insurance agent. It comprises of 2 interviews, both with the same manager that wants to take you under his wing and his/her boss if his too junior to administer the interview. The second time you meet would be to just sign whatever contract there is.

Interview Question – There is not difficult question, they just want to see whether you will stay on long as an agent.   Answer Question

Actuarial Development Program Interview

Actuarial Development Program

Interviewed at Manulife Financial

Interview Details – First, it was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Then I was invited for the on site interview. It was more behavioral questions, and a technical presentation. Then we to a networking session.

Interview Question – what was the most important decision that you have made, and why you made that decision?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manulife Financial