Manulife Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Rehab Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview

interview only
    behavioural based, looking for thought processes

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview

The process began with a brief telephone screening interview to confirm my application details, availability and prior experience. They followed up with an in person interview at their office. The interview was mainly behavioral based. The following round was a technical/behavioural interview with the group I would be working with. First round interviews were about an hour, as were second rounds.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly standard. Large emphasis on fit.   Answer Question

Actuarial Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewers were two actuarial managers from Manulife. They were very professional but friendly. Most questions were about my resume. They asked detailed questions regarding to my experience.

Client Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First phone interview with HR representative. Second phone interview with potential manager/supervisor. Would have moved to an in-person interview along with a math and reading comprehension test. Then an offer is made if successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had so much work to do you could not finish it all. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went out of your way to help a distressed teammate.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about this position? Why did you choose to apply?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)).

Interview

HR recruitment initial screening interview. HR Director interview. Hiring manager's interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co-workers? Criticisms?   Answer Question

Interview

Very straight forward interview. complete a short computer simulation to make sure you get the idea of how call centre customer service works. basic computer skills needed. interview basically went over my experience and asked about past examples of dealing with difficult customers, how you helped customers and problem solving,

Interview Questions

• give me some examples of times when you had to deal with an irate customer and explain how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview

I applied over their website and was contacted by HR 4 weeks later.
    After the HR interview I met with the Director of my area and we talked about go forward process.
    Last interview was with the AVP who eventually hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was quick

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- Behavioural Questions
    - Some basic technical questions - What is a vanilla IRS?

Interview Questions

• - If asset based duration is 5, liability based duration is 3, what would you recommend to do to close this gap?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst (Multiple Opportunities) - Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview calling from America (John Hancock).

Sent you an email first, and then set up the phone interview time with you.

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manulife Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

apply through campus recruiting website
    interviewed on campus with two actuarial associates
    questions are quite easy, interviewers are nice
    do ask about previous coop terms and what you learnt from it
    be fully prepared to explain your job details from last coop term

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult or unexpected
      just behaviour questions