Manulife Financial

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Sales Coordinator Interview

Senior Sales Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Manulife Financial.

Interview Details – Initial contact interview w HR Rep - Self Assessment Test - Phone Interview w Manager - Phone Interview w Manager's Assistant - Video Conference call w Manager and National Sales Manager - Check references - Job offer - This process took 60 days

Interview Question – Immediate Manager would have been a woman - Male interviewer asks in front of soon to be manager, "Would you rather work for a man or a woman?"   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Compliance Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2009.

Interview Details – Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Manulife Financial in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   View Answer
  • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Manulife Financial? Contribute to the Community!