Manulife Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

HR interviewed me through phone call. HR asked me to introduce the basic information of my resume and asked some behavioral questions. the questions were not difficult, it took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• why you think you fit this position and what is your strength. why you choose manulife.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Manulife.

Interview

It was a one day interview in which I spoke with 3 people. The questions were typical for a client-facing role; working to understand my personality and how I would represent the company while speaking to clients. I've been in similar roles so I understood what they were trying to assess. I was able to give them what they wanted to hear.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Manulife (Ontario, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

HR recruitment will send an email if you get picked for interview.
    1st interview will be with HR recruiter.
    2nd interview Hiring Managers
    Wait for a couple of days
    You get a call from HR Recruiter whether hiring managers would like to proceed or not.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job.
      What is difference of a functional and non functional requirements
      What is the difference of a BSA and a BA.

Answer Question

Senior Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Manulife.

Interview

Initial contact interview w HR Rep - Self Assessment Test - Phone Interview w Manager - Phone Interview w Manager's Assistant - Video Conference call w Manager and National Sales Manager - Check references - Job offer - This process took 60 days

Interview Questions

• Immediate Manager would have been a woman - Male interviewer asks in front of soon to be manager, "Would you rather work for a man or a woman?"   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   1 Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   3 Answers

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Manulife (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Firstly the employees are very kind.

1st Interview - With the HR person. Basic questions & a test. Section A write simple code and Section B logical questions that involves numbers.

2nd interview - With the manager. All about my final year project. The programming language that u able to code.

In my opinion, it is important to be full aware of the coding done during your final year project.

Complex Claims Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Manulife (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was only 30 mins or so, there were two managers conducting the interview, both were quite welcoming. There is also a reading test, typing speed test and a mental math test that you have to write and pass in order to be offered an interview. Your references will actually be called as well.

Members Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I sent in application through their website.I was required to provide transcripts, resume, and a cover letter as well as a few questions about what the job was. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview. The interview was about 20-30 min long.

Interview Questions

• We find that people who follow the financial markets do better in this role, can you please provide an example of something happening in the financial markets right now to show that you are following the markets?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was referred by a mutual business associate, and a job was created to fit my expertise. My prospective manager and I knew each other by reputation before the interview. Had a one-on-one interview for about 1.5 hours

Interview Questions

• why I had made certain career choices during my work history.   Answer Question