Manulife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

The interview process involved two preliminary phone interviews and then an in office interview. The in office interview was fairly laid back as they were trying to get an indication of your interpersonal skills. Everyone in the office was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Mainly the questions were aimed at your ability to think criticially and objecticely   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from their Talent Acquisition department to fix an appointment for phone interview . it was rescheduled once .Interview took about 10 minutes . very friendly ,they came back to me within a week that the hiring manager decided to proceed with another candidate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manulife (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Firstly the employees are very kind. 1st Interview - With the HR person. Basic questions & a test. Section A write simple code and Section B logical questions that involves numbers. 2nd interview - With the manager. All about my final year project. The programming language that u able to code. In my opinion, it is important to be full aware of the coding done during your final year project.

Complex Claims Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was only 30 mins or so, there were two managers conducting the interview, both were quite welcoming. There is also a reading test, typing speed test and a mental math test that you have to write and pass in order to be offered an interview. Your references will actually be called as well.

Members Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I sent in application through their website.I was required to provide transcripts, resume, and a cover letter as well as a few questions about what the job was. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview. The interview was about 20-30 min long.

Interview Questions

• We find that people who follow the financial markets do better in this role, can you please provide an example of something happening in the financial markets right now to show that you are following the markets?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was referred by a mutual business associate, and a job was created to fit my expertise. My prospective manager and I knew each other by reputation before the interview. Had a one-on-one interview for about 1.5 hours

Interview Questions

• why I had made certain career choices during my work history.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 2 weeks later, I had a brief 30 minute phone interview with their recruiter, who then set me up for an in person interview with the hiring manager the following week. The hiring manager then set up follow up interview with a supervisor for the following week and the day after they offered me the job. Really quick interview process. Took about 1 week and a half to interview and decide.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more conversational. Talking about relevant experience on resume (so make sure you know your stuff) and why you want to work for Manulife/why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

I went through campus co-op recruiting. I only had one 30-min interview and was interviewed by two senior actuarial analysts. This interview process is to select students to enter into their actuarial student program so the interviewers are not necessarily the people who you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the challenges that life insurance industry is facing? Ask in-depth questions of one of the project I have done in past co-op terms.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

Typical hiring process. Be prepared for questions about your previous roles. Be prepared for more than one interview. Dress well and professionally. Don't be late for the interview. Be sure to follow up with a thank you afterward.

Client Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick. After 5 days of submitting my resume, I was scheduled on the following day for a 30 minute phone interview. The 2 interviewers were nice and the questions were generally easy. After 3 days, someone from HR called, asked a few questions regarding work and scheduled me for testing and another round of interviews with the team leads.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to do a task before but couldn't do now.   Answer Question