Manulife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.9

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was originally referred to the position by a Manulife employee. I submitted my resume, cover letter & recent transcript. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter to discuss the position and if I had any initial questions. We discussed general things like my availability, salary expectations, whether I was pursuing any other opportunities. From there I scheduled a phone interview with a Director in the dept that I would work closely with. This was a more formal interview with structured questions. Many questions were behavioral and I had to bring up a lot of examples that prepared me for the responsibilities of the present role. As a recent graduate I used a lot of project experience from school in my answers. This interview was around 30-45 min. The recruiter contacted me following this to discuss and set up the next interview, in person, with the Assistant Vice President of the dept - who I would report to if I was successful. This interview was a bit more informal and more conversational about my interests and why I was interested in the open role and why I think I would be successful if offered. This lasted about an hour. He indicated there were other candidates also interviewing and would get back to me within a week. Within a few days the recruiter called me to offer me the position. I negotiated my salary and start date and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself that I wouldn't know from your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to increase my base salary by 5k through negotiation. I used Glassdoor and Salary.com as benchmarks as well as the average graduating salary from my university program.

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Manulife (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

2 very friendly interviewer interviewed me. They were so nice that they talked to me as if they were my friends. They are mostly looking for people who are good at interacting with people so the interview for Coops wasn't hard. As reflected by the interviewers, the work place was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview was more like a chat so it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a coop position, so nothing could be negotiated.

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Interview

good, phone interview by HR and then two management together just one time, one hour, deal

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, it is more about people who fit or not   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

standard interview, first you get a phone interview, and then is the senior advisor's face to face interview, and then is the final interview. The phone interview is very basic, they basically ask some questions from your resume and then set up a time with you for the next interview. The 2nd and 3rd are pretty much the same, they ask very straight forward questions. e.g. why you choose this job?

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone with mostly technical questions. Second interview was more about past experience and some more technical questions as well as why I want to work there. Third interview was more architectural questions and discussion about the position. The technical questions were all pretty general, nothing about specific algorithms or data structures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me what my range was and I ended up getting pretty much right in the middle. Offer was from HR representative over the phone, didn't negotiate salary.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Too many interview process for success a entry level position. A Canadian Company that has to also report to the American Division.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we can benefit from your past experience here   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Interview

mostly behavioral questions

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Was invited into the small meeting room and had 2 Senior Managers there describing to you the career path of a Financial Planner. Had the feeling that they were trying to recruit as many Financial Planners as possible in order to meet their targets..so the interview went pretty smooth. Interviewers were very nice to candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manulife in March 2014.

Interview

clearly they are not expecting to much from an intern so they allow me to do it on phone. The interviewer is nice and did not challenged me for harsh quantitative questions. it seems to be a casual chat and understanding session rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• what u've learn in university   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer (.NET) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2014.

Interview

This was for the .NET technical positions at Manu Life, Kuala Lumpur Resumes will be screened and shortlisted for the specific technology ex. C# , VB.NET, Team Lead We have to complete the physical application form and submit all the required documents There will be an initial 2 hours of written test, the test consist of objective question mostly from the Microsoft.NET 2.0 certification (MCP) papers. It is advisable to go through the MCP dumps well. If we are shortlisted, there will be face to face interview with a technical project manager. We are required to explain all the current project technically There are no much technical questions involved, but they will check candidates confidence towards work. Pros: Mid shift work (1pm to 10 pm) every day Have to work on National holidays 2 years contract job for foreign employees The location is in Damansara, there is no stable public transport

Interview Questions

The offered salary was less than the expected salary The job was a mid shift (1pm to 10 pm)