MapMyFitness

MapMyFitness Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at MapMyFitness

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MapMyFitness.

Initial interview was over the phone with the HR manager there - he was very pleasant to talk with and kept me in the loop of the hiring process. I came in for an in-person interview and was there for over 2 hours - after meeting with about 5 different people. Everyone was very personable and great to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • There were several questions geared towards the design industry in general - latest trends, campaigns, etc. - which can be fairly in depth. Perhaps just making conversation, but also a measure of passion and interests.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MapMyFitness.

After contacting random employee's on LinkedIn who were very friendly and helpful I was contacted by the VP of Engineering for a brief phone interview that was 50% personal and 50% technical. The phone interview was a great experience and went well.

A few weeks later I was contacted again about coming out to Denver. MapMyFitness was very helpful when it came to picking a hotel and flights and informed me I would be reimbursed - which did happen in a very timely fashion.

On arriving in Denver I was taken to a very nice lunch which was both casual and a 1 on 1 personality interview. Once back at the office I had a series of technical interviews which ranged from front to back end development and everything in between. The questions were all very reasonable and applicable to the job. When I struggled the interviewers were happy to help me along a little and let me reach the answer on my own. Interviewing took about 3 hours.

What really stood out about MapMyFitness was the quality of people at the office. All were very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview process was truly a blast. It's obvious they work hard but know how to enjoy work. Everyone seems very passionate. The office currently is a smaller building in LODO which is very cozy and would be a joy to go to work to everyday. Dogs are allowed and very open work area.

Bottom line: If you are a passionate developer that likes doing it all and you're social and interesting in fitness you will not find a better place than MapMyFitness.

Interview Questions
    • I don't give away interview questions, just think about what challenges MapMyFitness faces with the data they do collect and look over their website for what technologies they use.   Answer Question

The offer was very competitive for the market and generous but another offer was more attractive in order to pay off my and my wife's loans.

I'm still not sure I made the right decision to decline.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MapMyFitness in May 2012.

I first met with the Mobile Art Director for an hour and he went through my portfolio, I explained to him on each project. He asked about what part of the projects was I charged of. Mostly I asked about their company history, what were their goals for the next year, how was the work process like, etc. He asked me if I were to catch 100 butterfly, how would I do it. After passing this interview, there was a Skype interviews with designers and developer from Denver. They each interview me individually and we talked about projects, and mostly me asking them questions about their company and their future plans.