MapR Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Senior Software QA Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MapR Technologies.

Interview Details – I applied via LinkedIn. I got a call within a week. I had 1 technical phone screen which want that difficult. After the phone screen I got an onsite call. Onsite interview was for 4 hrs with 4 different 1v1 interviews. In the first interview the discussion was on my previous work experience. The Second Interview was more technical. I was asked to write a recursive algorithm( return true if there is a path from root to a leaf with total sum == sum), LRU Cache, there are numbers from 1..n in a list of numbers with size (n+k) with k duplicates. Print k duplicates. Third Interview was with the hiring manager he told me why I should consider MapR and he asked me to write a program which should read form a huge file and write into a huge file and how will I scale it. Final Interview was another programming interview. He asked me to write a breath first search. Once I completed he wanted me to insert line breaks after every level. Then clock angle question.
The interview process was fun. But its a really long technical interview which was a bit tiring experience.

Interview Question – 1. Read from a huge file say 1tb and write it into a huge file and scale it
2. Write a code piece from your previous project(unexpected!)
3. LRU cache
4. BFS with line breaks (not necessarily balanced)
  Answer Question

Worked for MapR Technologies? Contribute to the Community!