Mapco Express

2.5

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mapco Express.

Apparently, ME entices management talent with the promise of something called its "manager-in-training" program, which in my case was a classic bait-and-switch. I was interviewed extensively for this position and told that I would start as a simple food preparer (in-store Quiznos co-brand), then transfer over to the registers as a cashier, at a starting salary of about $9.00 per hour. I was told that I would be hired as a manager-in-training. After taking the job, quickly found out that I had NOT been hired as an MIT but as a normal cashier. Further, whenever I asked about the MIT program and when I would move beyond the cash register/cashier position, my manager always told me that "_____ hasn't made a decision yet." I put up with this for about two months and finally found something better and moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in the interview process was difficult or unexpected...these guys came after me...hard.   Answer Question
    Unless you are desperate and need cash quickly, don't give these guys a second look. They have extraordinarily high turnover and a reputation for not treating their employees very well or fairly.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mapco Express.

Good company, good supervisors... if they know what they are doing. The stores were iffy but we made them work. The biggest issue was how corporate steadily cut payroll hours over time. In order to meet budget, some store managers had to run the entire store alone until noon when a cashier could be brought in. Where's the love? Where's the safety? Huge morale killer. It takes a special animal. Only the high volume units had it slightly better, yet the smaller locations were easier to manage under such conditions.

Business Analyst Interview

Campus recruiting and got email from HR department said they have an operation analyst intern open in summer. Mapco asked for a 3 page slides to show how to optimize their labor scheduling system. It is like a case question aims to evaluate your analytic skill, problem solving skill and presentation skill.

Interview Questions
    • I was invited to onsite interview and asked some questions about the C-store duties which need to use labor. Didn't prepare for that very well and it seems to measure candidate's broad thinking and detail orientated characteristics.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mapco Express in May 2013.

interviews process was easy .. i would say that need a new company to do faster background checks ...

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owens Cross Roads, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mapco Express in May 2013.

I applied online. I received a phone call a few days later, and the manager left me a message, asking if I was still interested in the job. We played phone tag for a few days, but I finally got called in for an interview. I arrived early, and the manage parked me in a chair at the Quizno's area and told me to wait. I waited about ten minutes while she appeared to be chatting with a vendor, and then she came back with a clipboard that had a chart on it , describing a few of my cleaning duties, and explained how the chart worked. She asked if I thought I would be comfortable with completing these tasks, and I said yes. Then she asked me if I was still interested in the job. I said yes. She said she would send in my background check, and send me for a drug screening, and that was it. There were no real questions. I went for the drug screening and then she hired me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. That was the most unexpected part. This was the simplest and least thorough interview I have ever been to.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. She didn't give me any details at all, but I was so desperate that I took the job anyway. I should have known better.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mapco Express.

contacted by a recruiter after I applied for position. including phone interview, was interviewed 4 times for position. The first interview I went on , I was kept waiting 45 minutes. I wa repeated told they would get back to me and would not until I contacted them. They seemed very disorganized. I was promised that someone would get back to me after the last interview, and have not.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mapco Express in August 2010.

I walked into a job fair being held at a Mapco express in Chatsworth, Ga and was interviewed by the store manager, after the interview she instructed me to fill out an online application which I went home and filled out and returned to the store, upon returning to the store I was then asked a few questions from the district manager, and we shook hands and I ended with "im looking forward to hearing from you" and then a month later I got a call from a manager at a different store stating that I was being hired and to come in and fill out some papers for a drug test and background check. and I started working about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    no negotian at all, it also appeared I wouldn't get hired if I asked for anything more

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mapco Express in June 2009.

I walked into the store after applying online and spoke to the manager directly. I think I interviewed on the spot and was taken to get my drug test on the same day. After that was done, I don't recall waiting long to start and I was on the schedule within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions, if I recall correctly were the few typical customer service targeted questions.   Answer Question
    The manager stated that only $.50 over minimum wage could be offered.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mapco Express.

Interviewed with District Manager, and Manager over the District Managers after applying online. The online application process was very lengthy the company does and exhaustive credit check, background check and education check.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about old +5 years on the motor vehicle records, credit reports.   Answer Question

Company requires a minimum of 50 hours for store managers and 6-7 days a week in many cases. The store locations are not preselected, apply in one area is not an option you can be placed over the entire city or region where you are applying.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mapco Express in November 2010.

Painted a rosy picture, but did not deliver promises.

No negotiation.