Mapco Express

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mapco Express.

Interview Details – Good company, good supervisors... if they know what they are doing. The stores were iffy but we made them work. The biggest issue was how corporate steadily cut payroll hours over time. In order to meet budget, some store managers had to run the entire store alone until noon when a cashier could be brought in. Where's the love? Where's the safety? Huge morale killer. It takes a special animal. Only the high volume units had it slightly better, yet the smaller locations were easier to manage under such conditions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Chatsworth, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mapco Express in August 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into a job fair being held at a Mapco express in Chatsworth, Ga and was interviewed by the store manager, after the interview she instructed me to fill out an online application which I went home and filled out and returned to the store, upon returning to the store I was then asked a few questions from the district manager, and we shook hands and I ended with "im looking forward to hearing from you" and then a month later I got a call from a manager at a different store stating that I was being hired and to come in and fill out some papers for a drug test and background check. and I started working about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Question – what do you want to be in life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotian at all, it also appeared I wouldn't get hired if I asked for anything more

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Owens Cross Roads, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mapco Express in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a phone call a few days later, and the manager left me a message, asking if I was still interested in the job. We played phone tag for a few days, but I finally got called in for an interview. I arrived early, and the manage parked me in a chair at the Quizno's area and told me to wait. I waited about ten minutes while she appeared to be chatting with a vendor, and then she came back with a clipboard that had a chart on it , describing a few of my cleaning duties, and explained how the chart worked. She asked if I thought I would be comfortable with completing these tasks, and I said yes. Then she asked me if I was still interested in the job. I said yes. She said she would send in my background check, and send me for a drug screening, and that was it. There were no real questions. I went for the drug screening and then she hired me.

Interview Question – There were no questions. That was the most unexpected part. This was the simplest and least thorough interview I have ever been to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. She didn't give me any details at all, but I was so desperate that I took the job anyway. I should have known better.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mapco Express in May 2013.

Interview Details – interviews process was easy .. i would say that need a new company to do faster background checks ...

Interview Question – was told the stores have tight labor budgets..   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Mapco Express

Interview Details – Campus recruiting and got email from HR department said they have an operation analyst intern open in summer. Mapco asked for a 3 page slides to show how to optimize their labor scheduling system. It is like a case question aims to evaluate your analytic skill, problem solving skill and presentation skill.

Interview Question – I was invited to onsite interview and asked some questions about the C-store duties which need to use labor. Didn't prepare for that very well and it seems to measure candidate's broad thinking and detail orientated characteristics.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mapco Express in June 2009.

Interview Details – I walked into the store after applying online and spoke to the manager directly. I think I interviewed on the spot and was taken to get my drug test on the same day. After that was done, I don't recall waiting long to start and I was on the schedule within a week.

Interview Question – The questions, if I recall correctly were the few typical customer service targeted questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager stated that only $.50 over minimum wage could be offered.

Manager Interview

Manager
Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mapco Express.

Interview Details – contacted by a recruiter after I applied for position. including phone interview, was interviewed 4 times for position. The first interview I went on , I was kept waiting 45 minutes. I wa repeated told they would get back to me and would not until I contacted them. They seemed very disorganized. I was promised that someone would get back to me after the last interview, and have not.

Interview Question – why mapco?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mapco Express.

Interview Details – Interviewed with District Manager, and Manager over the District Managers after applying online. The online application process was very lengthy the company does and exhaustive credit check, background check and education check.

Interview Question – Questions about old +5 years on the motor vehicle records, credit reports.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company requires a minimum of 50 hours for store managers and 6-7 days a week in many cases. The store locations are not preselected, apply in one area is not an option you can be placed over the entire city or region where you are applying.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mapco Express in November 2010.

Interview Details – Painted a rosy picture, but did not deliver promises.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mapco Express in September 2009.

Interview Details – The company sent me through so many interviews it was ridiculous my initial interview was with a recruiter over the phone. The recruiter then set me up for a interview with a division manager and his assistant after that I had an interview with the director of operations he then referred for me for another position that would fit me. I had to schedule another interview with a different division manager followed by two district managers plus a drug test. By this time I was very irritated and thought this company was unorganized I also had to wait for a week for the background check to come through and finally was offered a position as a district manager in training, which I would soon find out that the information given to me was false.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Get all the facts and ask as many questions you can about the position you want to be hired for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mapco Express

Worked for Mapco Express? Contribute to the Community!