Maple Leaf Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Food Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was really simple and involved general behavioral questions. The first step was a phone interview with the HR department. And then there was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Both the interviews were general. If you prepare common interview answers, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills do you have that will help you in this position? How you deal with certain situations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in February 2014.

Interview

Two round. Phone and in person. Phone interview was mainly about personality and ability to work on your own without supervision. The immediate suipervisor for this position also sat in on the interview. The whole interview essentially boiled down to, could you work on your own and please don't ask for help. I asked about potential support/time-off for education advancement. Only the standard answer of paying for some of your books etc. Not much real support I guess.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to pick a random company and list the accounts in its P&L statement.   Answer Question

Food Process Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods.

Interview

I had 2 interview. first one was phone interview. Asked me some behavior based interview questions. Second one, I had 3 people interview me and they are all very easy going and only asked few simple questions

Interview Questions

• First interview: What is process?   2 Answers

Interview

Generally speaking a straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer told me that I would have to pick sides during this role because of the politically charged nature of Maple Leaf Foods. Which was impossible as I had no reference to what he/she was talking about.   Answer Question

Food Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was for a co-op position. I had previous food experience and they asked questions relating to it. It was one on one interview. First, I had a short interview with HR over the phone and than the hiring manager. One interview, got job on the same day.

Regulatory Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 2 in-person interviews. One for the role and one interview specifically about how I fit the company culture and values.

Negotiation

Negotiation was not possible with the company because they offered what they considered to be the fairest salary, and in my opinion, the salary was fair.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Two interviews by telephone, then two people.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Slow and tedious

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the future manager and one HR rep.
    In the first part of the interview, the manager was very interested in how prepared are for the job - previous experience and knowledge and also ran few scenarios for which he wanted possible resolutions . The second part, was mostly about personality and dealing with people scenarios.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

My interview was 15 years ago, the interview process in the compagny have change a lot. At that time the compagny was Multi-Marques and have been acquire by Canade Bread a subsidary of Maple Leaf Food

Interview Questions

• What the biggest mistake you made on your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary only