Maple Leaf Foods

Maple Leaf Foods Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

2.8

Associate SAP RD Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods.

Questions derived from typical interview questions and derived from resume

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever feel overwhelmed, how do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in July 2013.

Two interviews by telephone, then two people.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in September 2012.

After applying online and interviewing for another job, I was referred to another recruiter for this position, which was a better fit. I was interviewed on the phone and then brought in for an in-person interview. I was then brought in for another interview, mentioning I might be considered for another position as well. The interview questions were mainly going over my resume and behavioural questions.

Overall, I had a negative experience because HR never returned my calls or emails following the last interview. I was forewarned that Maple Leaf Foods has a long hiring process, so I was prepared for the fact that I might have multiple (seemingly needless) interviews. However I did find it fairly rude that I was never contacted after a second interview, despite my following up numerous times. I'm not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were mainly going over my resume and behavioural questions - nothing too out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in September 2011.

I am writing this to tell you how disappointed, mistreated and frustrated I am over their hiring process. I have given Maple Leaf Foods over eight interviews, two of which lasted over three hours. Also, I made the trip from Hamilton to several different Maple Leaf Foods locations, which included Kitchener and numerous times to Mississauga. Furthermore, I was told I would hear back about the position within 48 hours, then I was told it would be within one to two weeks and then it was over three weeks. This company has wasted too much of my time because I have been giving interviews one after another to this company for over 3 months. If they were not interested in my qualifications they should have let me know after the first interview and not continue to waste my time.

This is by far the most unprofessional company I have dealt with in terms of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

After going through the hiring process I absolutely knew right away I never want to work for this company no matter what.

Networking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in March 2011.

Technical questions and previous experience examples is a must

Interview Questions
    there was none it was through a agency

Plant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in March 2011.

I had three interviews. The first one was a behaviour based phone interview. The second interview was with the recruiter at head office. The third interview was with the HR hiring manager. At the end, I didn't get the job, however the interview experience was very positive since all interviews happened on a timely basis and the recruiter clearly communicated all of the steps to me.

IS Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in March 2011.

Eight interviews with six different people. Process took a long time, over eight weeks. Participants were very open about the politics surrounding the position. Lots of focus on company values but less clarity on the content of the job.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if no one supports what you want to do?
      Do you enjoy politics?

Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in September 2010.

The job was posted on a job board, but I submitted my resume through a MLF employee. I had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter which was a very positive experience. The initial face to face discussion ran over, and we had a follow-up phone discussion after to finish and also to receive tips on interviewing with the hiring manager. Then there was the face to face interview with the hiring manager and their direct manager. I found their questions to be direct and clear. However, I found it difficult to answer at times, as they would not allow me to expand on my answers. I would start my response, and before I could clarify or complete my thought, I would be given a follow up question of "Let me challenge you on this." At the end of the interview the one individual summed up what he felt was his overall impression of me, which I did not believe was accurate. With only 3 minutes to the end of the interview, and with both interviewers not having any additional time, it was difficult to change a perception based on answers that I felt could have been explained better had I been given the oppotunity.

Interview Questions
    • What job title, whether that job is available now or not, or whether an individual holds the position now would you want if you were to grow in this role?   View Answer

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in June 2010.

I applied online, got a call from a recruiter and did a phone screening. I was invited in for an interview that went very well. Stay positive and stress how you dont like office drama and you will do fine.

There was not alot of room for negotiation

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Maple Leaf Foods in January 2010.

I obtained a "screener" interview, where my past experience and future career goals were discussed. I was also asked many behavioural type questions (i.e. explain a time when you demonstrated X skill).