Maplin Electronics

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor
Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maplin Electronics in April 2012.

Interview Details – Online application with long fields asking many cliched questions, after they have been evaluated you may be invited to an interview in the shop you are applying for or another if the shop in question isnt open yet.
1 Interview, either with one or two interviewers, personal questions asked about CV, mostly about getting a feeling of the person being interviewed and if they would be a good fit for the company and shop.

Interview Question – Technical questions such as try to name as many components on a given list of images   View Answer

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maplin Electronics in November 2013.

Interview Details – Regular questions on background, previous work experience, education... Then the focus was on skills and competences to see whether the candidate would be able to cope under stressful situations.

Interview Question – Would you tell your manager if you see a colleague stealing money from the charity box located at the till?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible

Sales Adviser Interview

Sales Adviser
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Maplin Electronics.

Interview Details – As long as you show you know something about the company and about something in which they sale you should get the job.

Interview Question – Nothing shocking. What do you know about the company and why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no choice of an offer, lots more donkeys to hire.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Maplin Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Application started at maplinjobs.co.uk, sign up there using the lock icon in top right. Fill in the survey for any job interested. Attach CV. Then have telephone interview if selected, then if selected from telephone interview go to formal interview at local store/ jobcenter/ meeting space. Two people on panel (store manager and regional manager) standard retail questions, some more technical and specific to work

Interview Question – If you saw a manager taking money from a charity box what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, very little choice about where to do training and hours for training. No negotiation on pay; they ask in questionnaire DO NOT BE SHYVTO ASK FOR MORE MONEY

Sales Adviser Interview

Sales Adviser

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Maplin Electronics in June 2008.

Interview Details – Relaxed informal chat format, smart casual dress is advised.

Interview can be misleading, it was claimed that I would receive full and structured training but to date I have received none, nor have any of my colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to maplin?   View Answer
  • Can you tell me a moment in retail when you were proud of your achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage or nothing.

If you need just any job, it should be easy enough to get one here, however Maplin have a lot of students working for them which guarantees they can keep the pay low. Don't bother trying to negotiate, they're not interested.

Worked for Maplin Electronics? Contribute to the Community!