Maplin Electronics Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maplin Electronics

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then was invited in for a one to one interview which wasn't easy nor hard as the questions were the typical ones such as Why Maplin. Process was really quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

very brief, wasn't asked many technical questions but still was decent for entry level job. I was called to come in three days after applying and we discussed the business, why I wanted to work there, and a time when I felt like I was very successful, all the basic questions. The interviewer was the manager and liked me straight away so didn't ask a lot more than those things.

Interview Questions

• what would you do when there are no customers?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)).

Interview

As long as you show you know something about the company and about something in which they sale you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing shocking. What do you know about the company and why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no choice of an offer, lots more donkeys to hire.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Bracknell, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Application started at maplinjobs.co.uk, sign up there using the lock icon in top right. Fill in the survey for any job interested. Attach CV. Then have telephone interview if selected, then if selected from telephone interview go to formal interview at local store/ jobcenter/ meeting space. Two people on panel (store manager and regional manager) standard retail questions, some more technical and specific to work

Interview Questions

• If you saw a manager taking money from a charity box what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, very little choice about where to do training and hours for training. No negotiation on pay; they ask in questionnaire DO NOT BE SHYVTO ASK FOR MORE MONEY

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Folkestone, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

the store manager and recruitment manager were interviewing in a room rented at the job seekers building in folkestone. i was called in individually and asked a set of questions and reasons why i wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• was asked how to sell a printer and what to sell with it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

I had the interview with the then store manager who left not long after. He was pretty nice. I generally got the impression, however, that he didn't really care about the interview. He was just looking for someone to fill a slot that he needed filled pronto and since I knew two product ranges the stop sold, I was pretty much handed the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know much about technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. I no longer had to work for Tescos doing menial labour and thought this would be a good step up to a carrier. How wrong I was. If I'd stayed with Tescos, I'd be earning about twice as much as I am here.