Marathon Oil Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I signed up for an interview on my university's website. The interview only took about 30 minutes and the interviewers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marathon Oil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I signed up for an interview on the campus website. After being accepted for an interview, I scheduled an on campus appointment. I then interviewed with a Marathon Oil engineer on the college campus. I had one, 30-45 minute interview in which I was asked a variety of questions about why I wanted the job. I was also given a few behavioral questions. The questions were very reasonable; there were no curveballs or truly unexpected subjects that came up during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you under performed and how it affected you.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Just had a career fair at my school and they interviewed me there. Simple interview just behavioral type questions from past work experience. The interviewers were really good and down to earth. They made the process of the interview extremely comfortable. The interview was only 20 minutes long and it was not too technical at all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to make an unfavorable decision? How did it turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, just gave me an offer and accepted a few days after the interview. No negotiation required.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

Met with Lead Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Met with lead engineer in the company building. Interview was relaxed.   Answer Question