Marathon Oil

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Marathon Oil in November 2011.

Interview Details – I signed up for an interview on my university's website. The interview only took about 30 minutes and the interviewers are very friendly.

Interview Question – Your past experience   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marathon Oil in September 2011.

Interview Details – I signed up for an interview on the campus website. After being accepted for an interview, I scheduled an on campus appointment. I then interviewed with a Marathon Oil engineer on the college campus. I had one, 30-45 minute interview in which I was asked a variety of questions about why I wanted the job. I was also given a few behavioral questions. The questions were very reasonable; there were no curveballs or truly unexpected subjects that came up during the interview.

Interview Question – Name a time when you under performed and how it affected you.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview Details – Just had a career fair at my school and they interviewed me there. Simple interview just behavioral type questions from past work experience. The interviewers were really good and down to earth. They made the process of the interview extremely comfortable. The interview was only 20 minutes long and it was not too technical at all.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to make an unfavorable decision? How did it turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, just gave me an offer and accepted a few days after the interview. No negotiation required.

Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview Details – Met with Lead Engineer.

Interview Question – Met with lead engineer in the company building. Interview was relaxed.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marathon Oil

Worked for Marathon Oil? Contribute to the Community!