Marc Glassman

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Marc Glassman in February 2011.

Interview Details – Are you willing to work a 5 day 55 hour work week? Six days a week if the store is underperforming?
And a mandatory six day week in the months of November and December?
Schedule for assistant was 12P to 11P three nights a week and two days from 6A to 5P.
Once a week you are expected to work until 11:00P and be there the next day at 6:00A.

Interview Question – How do you plan to succeed here with no grocery experience?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Work schedule and number of hours.

Parma, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marc Glassman in June 2007.

Interview Details – I first recieved a phone call from the corp hiring manager. He introduced himself and asked if I was still interested in the position. He asked me to come in the next day to the corp. office. When I arrived there was some paper work for me to compleat at the front desk, mostly personal information and past work. Interviewing with the personel manager was generaly a basic interview... tell me about yourself, what skills do you have that would benefit our company, that whole bit. He thanked me for comming and called two days later and asked me to do a seconed interview with a regenal manager out in westlake. The interview with him lasted about 45 man and it was mostly him asking about walmart and how I enjoyed working in retail. He asked a few senarios like what would you do If you found your store manager stealing. Three days later the personel mangaer called me and asked for me to come in where he offered me the job and what I had asked for in compensation. I filled out my paper work then and got paperwork for a drug test that had to be compleated right then or the job offer would be void. I got a call the next day telling me when and where to report for my first day of training.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found your store manager stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got what I was asking for so there was not much negotiating. My advice is always to shoot a little higher then what you think they will acually pay that way when you settle someplace inbetween your not disapointed

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marc Glassman in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hr manager was very pleasant and informative about the company

Interview Question – WHY ARE YOU HERE ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 55 hour work week , 5 - 11 hour days , Three 12-11 night shifts and one 6-5 day shift ? only one sunday and two saturdays off a month ? no life outside of store especially if you drive 1/2 hour to and from work which would make it60 hours a week at a low pay , lower than competitors.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marc Glassman

Worked for Marc Glassman? Contribute to the Community!