Marc Glassman

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Updated Jul 12, 2014

1.8

Stock Interview

I applied in person and gave it to customer service. I received a call from the Customer Service Manager the same day! Two days later I went in and the csm just reviewed my application with me. The next day I had an interview with the store manager which was simple and straight forward. My only complaint is though I was described the basic duties there was so much more that I wasn't told at the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, your given a rate of pay(minimum wage) and when to first report for work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marc Glassman.

I submitted a physical application to the store, and I was called in for an interview with the hiring manager over a month later. The interview was conducted as if I already had the job, and all we did was discuss job duties and whether or not I could perform them. No tests were conducted or asked for. I was given a date to come in for work, and about an hour was spent filling out paperwork. Training lasted for only about another hour, and then I was on my own for the rest of the work day.

Interview Questions
    • The ONLY question asked was the classic, "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, as it was my first job, and I was given minimum wage.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marc Glassman.

The interview process is easy. It's a sit down interview over typical questions. Once hired you have a video and workbook to complete. Honestly you could complete it without the video. Afterwards you get sent away to be trained rather it be in stock or cashiering. I was hired as a cashier and let me just say it was beyond nerve-wracking that first day but you get ahold of it quickly. You only have 3 training days and then you're on your own.

Interview Questions
    • How my hobbies and experiences would help me in the job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marc Glassman in August 2013.

Initial interviewer presents a calendar for "Management"...it shows a 48-hour week with one full weekend and one Sunday off each month...also notes one day per week of "1:00 to close". When placed in a store, after training, your schedule is NOT the same as this calendar...it is whatever the Store Manager/Regional Manager dictates.

Interview Questions
    • "We only offer $30.000.00 per year...do you want to think about it, first?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marc Glassman in June 2013.

Interview was at an off site location. Interviewer was not well prepared.Stressed more of what they wanted rather then make you comfortable to want to work for the corporatiion

Interview Questions

Was not pleased with their benefit package, PTO, professional to technical staffing ratio!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sagamore Hills, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sagamore Hills, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marc Glassman in May 2013.

I received a phone call and schedule an interview. I was very mentally prepared, but the only two questions I was asked, was "why do you want to work at Marc's", and "do you have reliable transportation to work?"

Interview Questions
    It was just a minimum wage position with part-time hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marc Glassman in June 2012.

I submitted an application for employment at the end of the school year and within a week was called for an interview. The CSM who interviewed and ultimately ended up hiring me basically told me everything I would need to know about being a cashier like handling money, straightening the store after closing, etc. I started working only two days after graduating from high school.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions asked. I was basically told what to do and was hired on the spot, but had to wait a few days for corporate to clearn my background check.   Answer Question
    Not really able to negotiate. Just a regular minimum wage cashiering job.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marc Glassman in February 2012.

It was as basic a interview as I'd ever been too. Standard questions, nothing really fancy that caught me off guard.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marc Glassman in January 2012.

I was hired from within the company -- attended one management interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. The Corporate Hiring Manager and I hit it off and talked for the majority of the 'interview'.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. I was offered a salary and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marc Glassman in June 2011.

Getting an interview is almost a guarantee that you've got the job. You come in and they take you to the back office into a broom closet to interview you (no joke). They basically go over the job description with you and other stuff like that. They only asked me one question. As long as you look decent and don't come off as a complete idiot, you got the job.