March of Dimes

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at March of Dimes.

My friend found this job posted on a job board - I went through a recruiter. First I was short-listed based on my resume. Then I had an initial phone call with the hiring manager. Next, I went in person and had three separate interviews - first with the HR manager, second with a Director, and third with the hiring manager and Vice President. The overall process took about 4 weeks. After my in-person interviews, I was asked to provide four references including two past supervisors. After those were received, a couple days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. Memorize the job description and be able give specific examples about how you can do the job requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at March of Dimes.

Submitted my resume to the online ad. Was called to do an interview and was offered the position few days later. Very simple process with a brief phone interview at the time of setting up the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions. Mostly wanted to know about any non-profit skills and experience as well as sales experience.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. Definitely set boundaries around your time and availability because this was a 9-5 and I worked 8:30-7:30 most everyday and no lunch!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at March of Dimes in December 2013.

I had a phone screen for the first process. The second step was an in person interview with two people. One would have been my boss, and the second person was the woman who interviewed me on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a co-worker has taken credit for your work, and what have you down to resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at March of Dimes in December 2013.

Very laid back not too difficult.

Intern Interview

Applied online and get interview after one week. Onsite and talk to the directors. Poeple there are all nice and fun.Tell me about the company and ask me about my career interest and the reason wnat to work in noon profit origanisation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sayreville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sayreville, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at March of Dimes in February 2013.

3 interviews - an initial phone interview, interview with Executive Director, and then an interview with the Executive and State Director. Sometimes for the second interview if Senior Management isn't available they will have a Board member step in.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember what the most difficult question was. My interview process was over one and a half years ago.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. They offered me a very competitive starting salary of $43,000.

Community Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at March of Dimes in January 2013.

It took 3-4 weeks from when I submitted my application to get a call and set up a telephone interview. This interview was with an national HR person and lasted about 45 minutes (Note: I very much enjoyed the person I was interviewing with). Within 10 days I recieved a call from the State Director (my future boss) asking for a second in-person interview within the next 2 weeks. I was offered the job about a week later and could start right away, but had to wait nearly 3 weeks for their systems to update.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about how I deal with rejection and my experience in major gift fundraising.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary or benefits - but allowed for understanding about life-work balance.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at March of Dimes in October 2012.

Phone screen, live interview, live interview at regional headquarters, interview with board of directors

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at March of Dimes in June 2012.

Interviews totaled three. Everyone was very nice and positive - although they seemed phony . It was hard to know what they were thinking.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in ten years.   View Answer

I did not feel confident about the State Director.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at March of Dimes in May 2012.

1st interview was phone, 2nd was face to face. I was brought back to meet several staff members. Took about 3 weeks for an offer.

I was able to negotiate more money - which took about a week longer than expected