Marcus Evans Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.5

Entry Level Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus Evans (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

My interview process consisted of a phone interview with a few basic questions of qualification with Kurtis Ellis Williams. I was then scheduled a face to face interview with Angela Evans that was full of questions, I was given an assignment to see if I had what it takes to produce an event. I had a second face to face interview to go over the assignment that took 8 hours to complete. After this interview I was told that I would be notified about the status of my application. I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS "PROFESSIONAL". I sent numerous emails and made several phone calls resulting in leaving voice mails. That was the middle of January. I continued to reach out figuring that I did not get the job but how unprofessional is this not to follow up with the job applicant who you sent through a frustrating process of interviewing. I reached out to the HR department letting them know that I never heard from Angela Evans, they responded saying that they would reach out to her. Again never heard back. February comes and goes nothing so I again I reached out to Angela via email on a Sunday afternoon and she responds saying that she went with another candidate. So unprofessional and honestly not nice because what goes around comes around and believe it or not karma is real.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you like to have take place next?   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus Evans (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews on separate days with different members of the management team. Interviews take place in the conference room, which is sleek and nice -- a contrast to the poor sales floor aesthetic.

Interview Questions

• None...everything was very mediocre. There was a role-playing exercise where I pretended to sell Marcus Evans "product" (which is a very ambiguous and shady thing to begin with).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't take the offer. You will never make the money they tell you that you will unless you are a sociopath.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marcus Evans (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Communication was on point. Follow up from the company in regards to phone interview/ in person interview confirmation and information on preparation for interview was on point as well. Didn't wait long for interview and felt as though it was informative and direct.

Interview Questions

• Why did you turn down any job offerings if any before this interview.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus Evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Found job posting online for account executive position in the Chicago area. Talked on the phone with HR and then had an in person interview with sales manager. First half of the in person interview was behavioral based interview questions and the second part was understanding position. They handed me a packet of the job position, company culture, etc... and went into great detail so I had absolutely no questions at the end. I heard back from them a couple days later to do my second in person interview. The homework for this interview was to find 10 people to sell their product too (seats for a conference).

Interview Questions

• What are some positives and negatives of working in competitive sales environment   Answer Question

Event Sponsorship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marcus Evans (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIN and was called almost immediately. The interview was basic sales questions, asking why I'm interested in the position, what intrigues me about sales. After the initial phone interview I went in for an in person interview. It went very smoothly and we went over the position. I was required to do a project after the interview before coming in for a second. The project was to find 5 companies who would be good as sponsors for an event and what 10 executives I could contact to try and win the account. However, the salary for this position was an extremely low base with commission rates starting out real low. I did not go on the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not pursuing a career in your field of study from college?   1 Answer

Very low base salary.

Summit Division - Solution Provider Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marcus Evans (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Information was upfront about what my daily, monthly, yearly expectations and role would be including what the base salary is and that they want someone interested in the commission instead of a high base.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last company where you were making more money?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marcus Evans (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I first received a call and had a phone interview on the spot. After that, they said they wanted to bring me in for an interview in person. I did some research on the company after that phone interview and got the impression it was a terrible work environment and management. During the interview, I knew I didn't want the job, however it started as your typical interview. After 15 min I was told I wasn't what they wanted, thank goodness!

Interview Questions

• The questions she asked were all very typical interview questions. I was asked multiple times why I wanted this job knowing I would probably make $1100 a month.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus Evans (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, that's it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Cold Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus Evans (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two face to face interviews. The phone interview was very basic with questions about past experience and goals as well as an overview of the position. Second interview was a lot of the same and they presented the salary and commission structure and gave expectations of what you should make. Third was a bit of devils advocate to try and throw you off and make you think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Must write a sales pitch that you would give for one of their events but they give you very vague instructions, they judge more on the delivery than the content.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marcus Evans (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

x 2 interviews. semi organized. Hr didnt help much. prepared questions. recruiter was very helpful. hardest question was how would i get pt satisfaction scores up. core measure questions. nursing students attended interview