Marcus Evans Sales Executive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.5

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus Evans in May 2014.

Found job posting online for account executive position in the Chicago area. Talked on the phone with HR and then had an in person interview with sales manager. First half of the in person interview was behavioral based interview questions and the second part was understanding position. They handed me a packet of the job position, company culture, etc... and went into great detail so I had absolutely no questions at the end. I heard back from them a couple days later to do my second in person interview. The homework for this interview was to find 10 people to sell their product too (seats for a conference).

Interview Questions
  • What are some positives and negatives of working in competitive sales environment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus Evans

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus Evans.

Two interviews, that's it.

No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marcus Evans in March 2012.

I found the company while applying for jobs on Linked In. I had applied and interviewed with other companies for "account executive" positions and most turned out to be low paying, commission only jobs, so I was a bit wary. The description did say "salary and commission" so, I thought this company would be different. In the end, I was wrong.

I heard back from the recruiter about 2 or 3 days after I had posted my resume and we did a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. After our conversation, he asked me to participate in a second phone interview to be done 2 days later. The second phone interview was a little more involved. He asked questions like: "What is your ideal salary?" and "How are you with rejection?" After I answered his questions he invited me to do a face-to-face interview.

About 3 days later, I went to their office and met with one of their sales managers. He was a nice guy and was very welcoming. He asked me general sales questions and told me a little bit about the company and the goals for sales executives. While you may only have to get 3 sales a week, you have to keep in mind you are selling tickets to upper executive conferences (1 ticket runs about $3,000). He also threw in a few left field questions such as: "tell me a joke or funny story" and "what is 48+23+12?" They ask you these to find out how quick you are on your feet.

After the interview, he told me they would be in touch in the next couple of days if I got the job. Even though they never called, I would not have accepted because of the low base pay and high focus on a very difficult commission.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to make 120+ cold calls per day?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marcus Evans in January 2012.

iniial phone interview is with the domestic sales mgr, Gurneet.

Pretty in depth, she qualifies you for a second 1 on 1 interviews--this one is with another manager that works under Gurneet.

Third interview is with Gurneet and you better sell yourself well.

Interview Questions
    none. take it or leave it mentality

Extremely low base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marcus Evans in November 2010.

Got on a phon interview, a one on one interview, a second one on one, and finally an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the difference between this job and your last sales job is?   Answer Question

The base salary was too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marcus Evans in August 2010.

After doing a phone interview, I was asked to come in. Then, I interviewed with two people. It went well. After working there I noticed that they used their sales pitch format on me to sell the job to me. For example, they created urgency by telling me there were two positions. In reality, I was in a training group of around 15 people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can think well on the spot? Tell me a funny story.   View Answer
    You can't really negotiate with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marcus Evans in July 2010.

3 interviews, the last one with the director.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. They pay everyone the same at the starting position. You don't come in as a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marcus Evans in May 2010.

was at college. had a phone interview, but didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marcus Evans in April 2010.

went on 1st interview 1:1 asked questions about why i would be good fit and what it takes to be good in sales 2nd interview was asked to write a paper of a sales approach that you would use on the phone and come in with 10 leads that they then took and filtered throughout their company and i never saw again

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a sales pitch that you would use on the phone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus Evans in December 2009.

3 total Interviews (1 Phone Interview; 2 Face-to-Face Interviews)
    Phone Interview was 15 minutes long
    First Interview was 1 hour long
    Second Interview was 40 minutes long

Interview Questions
    After 2 Face to face Interviews they calle me a few days later and offered me the position which I accepted immediately.