Marcus Evans

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marcus Evans in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, the last one with the director.

Interview Question – Tell me a joke or story off the cuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They pay everyone the same at the starting position. You don't come in as a manager.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus Evans in December 2009.

Interview Details – 3 total Interviews (1 Phone Interview; 2 Face-to-Face Interviews)
Phone Interview was 15 minutes long
First Interview was 1 hour long
Second Interview was 40 minutes long

Interview Question – What makes you uncomfortable?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After 2 Face to face Interviews they calle me a few days later and offered me the position which I accepted immediately.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus Evans.

Interview Details – Two interviews, that's it.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus Evans in January 2012.

Interview Details – iniial phone interview is with the domestic sales mgr, Gurneet.

Pretty in depth, she qualifies you for a second 1 on 1 interviews--this one is with another manager that works under Gurneet.

Third interview is with Gurneet and you better sell yourself well.

Interview Question – Why you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none. take it or leave it mentality

Extremely low base.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marcus Evans in November 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with a manager who was very scripted and robotic.

Interview Questions

• Are you married, or is that not currently a legal option for your lifestyle?   View Answer
  • What are your politics?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since the salary was set at a firm $1,500/ month for everyone, there wasn't an ability to negotiate.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marcus Evans in March 2012.

Interview Details – I found the company while applying for jobs on Linked In. I had applied and interviewed with other companies for "account executive" positions and most turned out to be low paying, commission only jobs, so I was a bit wary. The description did say "salary and commission" so, I thought this company would be different. In the end, I was wrong.

I heard back from the recruiter about 2 or 3 days after I had posted my resume and we did a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. After our conversation, he asked me to participate in a second phone interview to be done 2 days later. The second phone interview was a little more involved. He asked questions like: "What is your ideal salary?" and "How are you with rejection?" After I answered his questions he invited me to do a face-to-face interview.

About 3 days later, I went to their office and met with one of their sales managers. He was a nice guy and was very welcoming. He asked me general sales questions and told me a little bit about the company and the goals for sales executives. While you may only have to get 3 sales a week, you have to keep in mind you are selling tickets to upper executive conferences (1 ticket runs about $3,000). He also threw in a few left field questions such as: "tell me a joke or funny story" and "what is 48+23+12?" They ask you these to find out how quick you are on your feet.

After the interview, he told me they would be in touch in the next couple of days if I got the job. Even though they never called, I would not have accepted because of the low base pay and high focus on a very difficult commission.

Interview Question – Are you willing to make 120+ cold calls per day?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Marcus Evans in August 2010.

Interview Details – After doing a phone interview, I was asked to come in. Then, I interviewed with two people. It went well. After working there I noticed that they used their sales pitch format on me to sell the job to me. For example, they created urgency by telling me there were two positions. In reality, I was in a training group of around 15 people.

Interview Question – Do you think you can think well on the spot? Tell me a funny story.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can't really negotiate with them.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Marcus Evans in April 2010.

Interview Details – went on 1st interview 1:1 asked questions about why i would be good fit and what it takes to be good in sales 2nd interview was asked to write a paper of a sales approach that you would use on the phone and come in with 10 leads that they then took and filtered throughout their company and i never saw again

Interview Question – Can you give me a sales pitch that you would use on the phone   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus Evans in November 2010.

Interview Details – Got on a phon interview, a one on one interview, a second one on one, and finally an offer.

Interview Question – What do you think the difference between this job and your last sales job is?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The base salary was too low

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus Evans in May 2010.

Interview Details – was at college. had a phone interview, but didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What is your worst trait?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marcus Evans

Worked for Marcus Evans? Contribute to the Community!

Marcus Evans Videos

Marcus Evans – Why Work for Us?

Producers of Economic and Business Summits, strategic Business Conferences, Professional Business and Language training, Corporate Hospitality events - THG Sports Filmed & Theatrical Entertainment and Ipswich Town… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marcus Evans Sales Executive interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marcus Evans employees and interview candidates.