Marcus Theatres

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Gurnee, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in April 2013.

Interview Details – The manager told me the wrong time over the phone, so I had to leave and come back 4 hours later. After that, the process went fairly smoothly. We sat down at a table in the lobby (it was a weekday so not many people were at the theater) and the manager who interviewed me basically just asked why I wanted to work at the theater and would I would do in different situations.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Usher/Projectionist Interview

Usher/Projectionist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marcus Theatres.

Interview Details – The Interviewer was very friendly. It was a easy interview as long as you have some experience or are willing to learn. I have worked at other theaters my entire work history.

Reason for Declining – I had another offer from another company

Box Office Associate Interview

Box Office Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus Theatres.

Interview Details – I was able to walk in and turn in an application and resume.
I didn't hear back from the company, so I called in. I was asked to come in for an interview the following weekend.
When I got there at the appointed time, I was told the manager had left for the day, so I ended up being interviewed by an assistant manager. It was incredibly easy. Since she didn't have my application or resume in front of her, I was asked very simple questions such as "Are you good at math?" and "What is your availability?". I was told I was hired when the interview was over. Honestly, after working here for so long, I think those might be the only questions they really ask, and as long as you can do basic math and work weekends and holidays, you're in.

Interview Question – Are you good at math?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Fargo, ND

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got called into the managers office and had a in person interview.

Associate Interview

Associate
New Berlin, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a day had gotten a call about an interview. Within a week of the interview I was offered the job. This was my first job interview ever at the age of 16 and the two assistant managers I met with were friendly, funny, and welcoming. It was probably the easiest interview I've ever had, just being asked about my other obligations, skills, and interests. AS it is a high school/summer job, they don't expect much from you.

Interview Question – Because the job is pretty self-explanatory and easy, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

La Crosse, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in November 2012.

Interview Details – Fast and easy, 18 years or older is a big plus due to labor laws... also they like to hear you are a hard worker

Interview Question – might seem fairly simple, but favorite movie might catch you off gaurd   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing was negotiable aside from start day

Usher Interview

Usher
Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in March 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out an application. Very basic info. I don't even recall needing references. Called me in for an interview a week later. Interviewed with the GM and the Asst. Manager who was in charge of the ushers. Very general, basic interview questions. I was only 15 years old at the time, so I wasn't a very skilled interviewee. They offered me the job right there.

Interview Question – I always struggled with the "Tell me about yourself." question. I never know what they want to hear, especially for a part-time job like this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Only pay minimum wage to part-timers.

Delafield, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in October 2012.

Interview Details – After about 15 minutes of waiting (I was there 5 minutes early, interview was 10 minutes late even though the lobby was completely dead) I finally started the interview. It was pretty straight forward, but the general manager did not seem like a person who was easy to get along with. He seemed very arrogant from the beginning and the attitude didn't change. I was not impressed with him and it has changed my view on the company knowing who they have in charge of this establishment.

Interview Question – What made you apply here   View Answer

Staff Interview

Staff
Hastings, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in October 2009.

Interview Details – had one interview. mostly straight-forward, but complex. didn't ask question you would think to pertain to a job for a theater. Like,"If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?", or,"How did you get that scar on you arm?" found out that the scar question was because they were hiring for a stock person who needed to lift heavy things. learned my lesson and fast.

Interview Question – How did you get that scar on your arm?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orland Park, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus Theatres in March 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was conducted in the lobby which was distracting at first because the employees were staring at us. The 'assistant GM' interviewed me. He didn't really ask any questions relevant to the job other than why do you want to work here. He also asked me where I see myself in the future. They basically will hire anyone here and its hard to blow the interview

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Marcus Theatres? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marcus Theatres interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marcus Theatres employees and interview candidates.