Marcus & Millichap

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview process. Talked about your resume, and asked basic questions about previous work experiences. Manager had an elitist attitude, making you think you were inferior and would learn alot from him. However in reality, I found out later that I was making more than him in my previouw job. Anyway, also took a personality test. Then got a phone call that was hired.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Either you take it or leave it. Your choice.

Ames, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details – Typical sales job by the District Manager, smoozing the agent, with no detail and then hit them with reality after they've moved your license over. There were details of my job that were not in the employment contract. This caused friction for the next year and half and never got resolved.

Interview Question – None really, except how much did you make at your highest point   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Back and forth for a week.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in December 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview with sales manager, brought in for in person interview with senior agents and sales manager, then they make a decision on the spot on whether to bring you on board or not.

Interview Question – Describe a time you experienced rejection and how to overcame it.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Questions were mostly personality based.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2012.

Interview Details – informal and frank, pleasurable

Interview Question – how do you know you like real estate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2009.

Interview Details – boring

Interview Question – Where did you go to school>   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no real negoatiating to speak of

Worked for Marcus & Millichap? Contribute to the Community!