Marcus & Millichap Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone pre-interview and then an in-person interview. make sure that you can get to or live in the area of where you are applying. Traveling will not be reimbursed. The in-person interview started with a general conversation with the regional manager about strengths, why this company, goals, and future. Then if that intervietw goes well, he takes you to potential mentors and seniors in the office that would be hiring for the future positions and this can be 2 additional interviews or 5 depending on the time and the office. These are the bread and butter of the interview process and are ultimately the guys that you will be mentored by and will work on splits with. Then you leave and they followed up in the next two days and gave results and what area to focus in.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this office and this market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy: its a 100% commission based position so not a lot to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Ames, IA).

Interview

Typical sales job by the District Manager, smoozing the agent, with no detail and then hit them with reality after they've moved your license over. There were details of my job that were not in the employment contract. This caused friction for the next year and half and never got resolved.

Interview Questions

• None really, except how much did you make at your highest point   1 Answer

Negotiation

Back and forth for a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. Questions were mostly personality based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Oakland, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Talked about your resume, and asked basic questions about previous work experiences. Manager had an elitist attitude, making you think you were inferior and would learn alot from him. However in reality, I found out later that I was making more than him in my previouw job. Anyway, also took a personality test. Then got a phone call that was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Either you take it or leave it. Your choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Austin, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

phone interview with sales manager, brought in for in person interview with senior agents and sales manager, then they make a decision on the spot on whether to bring you on board or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you experienced rejection and how to overcame it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2012.

Interview

informal and frank, pleasurable

Interview Questions

• how do you know you like real estate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2009.

Interview

boring

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no real negoatiating to speak of