Marcus & Millichap Broker Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2013.

The entire interview is designed to see if you are a people person. Other than that you have to take a sales test to see if you have sales traits, but other than that nothing to worry about. If you are sociable you can get the job.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation in which you failed, and how did you overcome it.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in June 2009.

Abit stilted and seemed like they really churn through aplicants.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can help our company   View Answer

felt there were better opportunities with other companies

Broker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in December 2010.

Regional Manager was very good at telling me what he's looking for and what's offered at the firm. It was nice getting to know him and another senior associate and a newly hired associate. I almost took the job but I felt that I can grow the business by myself, for myself. The training and team environment was attractive and having a well known firm backing you would be great, but I think in the end, clients will still want to deal with me. I have to have the skill set and professionalism to offer great service and help my clients the best way I can.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes an agent successful at our firm?   View Answer

Ultimately, I want to be in business for myself and earn the FULL commission I deserve by putting in the hard work and time into growing my business. I was very close to taking the job because the team I would be joining is successful with great senior associates running the team. However, reading the posts about the firm and knowing that there is no income for the first to second year is too much for me to handle at this point. I need to make money and I think I can without having a limitation placed on me.

Broker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2008.

The interview process was easy for an experienced sales person. It starts out with just general conversation. The key is to find something in common and just talk about it. The interview later develops in questions. They just want to make sure you will work hard, do what they say, and want to make money.