Marcus & Millichap

Updated Mar 30, 2014

2.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2013.

Got the call from the team after sending out a few feelers myself to the company. Got a ping back and eventually got the call. Got called in for an in-person. Met with the team lead then the VP of the group. Talked shop for a bit. Great feel. Job was to pretty much support and do research for the brokers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2013.

Applied on Craigslist and I received a call the same day. As an Intern you get paid 24k as an Independent contractor. You eat what you kill and no benefits.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me about my financial situation, How much money I have saved because is all based on commission. The lady was selling me the position.   View Answer

Just not worth it ...

Intern Interview

receive email after work, seems like randomly interview people who applied the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in April 2009.

I received a phone call in response to an online application from my college website. I went to interview, everything was great except I was asked to work for free, and he would "bonus" me money on occasion. He may have been well intentioned, but as it was a 45 minute drive one way for me, I really couldn't take that. He was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected questions. It was a pleasant experience without doubt, I was just not able to work under their terms of employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2012.

Very simple and easy. Met the person who was the head of the office at a career fair. I went up to Portland to talk to him. The interview was relatively informal. I went up again to talk to one of the Brokers and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan on working in this industry once you graduate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in September 2010.

I walked into the interview after being referred by a friend, studied commercial real estate the weekend before the interview and was asked very general questions. I explained that I was willing to do grunt work and understood that I was there to learn at my own pace.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about the current real estate market?   Answer Question
    it was non-paid school credited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2011.

Pretty standard 40 minutes behavioral interview. They really needed somebody to build this database for them so they seemed desperate. It was unpaid however. They said it was cash incentives based on performance, but it was just another way to say it's unpaid. Don't get your hopes up. Asked pretty standard questions. Nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2009.

It was a pretty straight forward interview. I applied for the job through my campus career website and received a call a week later. The interview was pretty basic - being asked why I wanted to work there, what industry I wanted to be apart of, how did commercial real estate interest me, and what I wanted to learn as an intern there. After talking about our backgrounds the interviewer offered me the position over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working here?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in a potential career in commercial real estate?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in May 2011.

Shortly after I submitted my resume I got a call from a team manager to come in for an interview. It was a 1:1 interview. Very informal. She just asked me about myself and my past work experiences. I could tell she just wanted to see my personality and how i presented myself. A few weeks later they called me back for another interview. After they interview they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Marcus & Millichap? Contribute to the Community!