Marcus & Millichap Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was rather easy, I sat in with the whole team and they basically just asked about myself and my interests. Was rather formal, I wore a jacket and tie. Overall not that bad.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a business setting   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

College intern, working with a sales broker. Found the position through my college job placement office, and the hiring broker was an alumni of my school. process was 30 minutes, interview with just the broker, mostly personality questions and curious about my interest in real estate

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in real estate   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist and I received a call the same day. As an Intern you get paid 24k as an Independent contractor. You eat what you kill and no benefits.

Interview Questions

• They ask me about my financial situation, How much money I have saved because is all based on commission. The lady was selling me the position.   1 Answer

Just not worth it ...

Intern Interview

Interview

receive email after work, seems like randomly interview people who applied the position.

Interview Questions

• why you think you are qualified?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got the call from the team after sending out a few feelers myself to the company. Got a ping back and eventually got the call. Got called in for an in-person. Met with the team lead then the VP of the group. Talked shop for a bit. Great feel. Job was to pretty much support and do research for the brokers.

Interview Questions

• What do you see in our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Met the person who was the head of the office at a career fair. I went up to Portland to talk to him. The interview was relatively informal. I went up again to talk to one of the Brokers and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on working in this industry once you graduate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Shortly after I submitted my resume I got a call from a team manager to come in for an interview. It was a 1:1 interview. Very informal. She just asked me about myself and my past work experiences. I could tell she just wanted to see my personality and how i presented myself. A few weeks later they called me back for another interview. After they interview they offered me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard 40 minutes behavioral interview. They really needed somebody to build this database for them so they seemed desperate. It was unpaid however. They said it was cash incentives based on performance, but it was just another way to say it's unpaid. Don't get your hopes up. Asked pretty standard questions. Nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I walked into the interview after being referred by a friend, studied commercial real estate the weekend before the interview and was asked very general questions. I explained that I was willing to do grunt work and understood that I was there to learn at my own pace.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the current real estate market?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was non-paid school credited.