Marcus & Millichap

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Marcus & Millichap

Interview Details – Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2013.

Interview Details – Got the call from the team after sending out a few feelers myself to the company. Got a ping back and eventually got the call. Got called in for an in-person. Met with the team lead then the VP of the group. Talked shop for a bit. Great feel. Job was to pretty much support and do research for the brokers.

Interview Question – What do you see in our company?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on Craigslist and I received a call the same day. As an Intern you get paid 24k as an Independent contractor. You eat what you kill and no benefits.

Interview Question – They ask me about my financial situation, How much money I have saved because is all based on commission. The lady was selling me the position.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Just not worth it ...

Interviewed at Marcus & Millichap

Interview Details – receive email after work, seems like randomly interview people who applied the position.

Interview Question – why you think you are qualified?   View Answer

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in April 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call in response to an online application from my college website. I went to interview, everything was great except I was asked to work for free, and he would "bonus" me money on occasion. He may have been well intentioned, but as it was a 45 minute drive one way for me, I really couldn't take that. He was very nice and professional.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions. It was a pleasant experience without doubt, I was just not able to work under their terms of employment.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple and easy. Met the person who was the head of the office at a career fair. I went up to Portland to talk to him. The interview was relatively informal. I went up again to talk to one of the Brokers and was offered a position.

Interview Question – Do you plan on working in this industry once you graduate.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in September 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into the interview after being referred by a friend, studied commercial real estate the weekend before the interview and was asked very general questions. I explained that I was willing to do grunt work and understood that I was there to learn at my own pace.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about the current real estate market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was non-paid school credited.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard 40 minutes behavioral interview. They really needed somebody to build this database for them so they seemed desperate. It was unpaid however. They said it was cash incentives based on performance, but it was just another way to say it's unpaid. Don't get your hopes up. Asked pretty standard questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2009.

Interview Details – It was a pretty straight forward interview. I applied for the job through my campus career website and received a call a week later. The interview was pretty basic - being asked why I wanted to work there, what industry I wanted to be apart of, how did commercial real estate interest me, and what I wanted to learn as an intern there. After talking about our backgrounds the interviewer offered me the position over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in May 2011.

Interview Details – Shortly after I submitted my resume I got a call from a team manager to come in for an interview. It was a 1:1 interview. Very informal. She just asked me about myself and my past work experiences. I could tell she just wanted to see my personality and how i presented myself. A few weeks later they called me back for another interview. After they interview they offered me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for Marcus & Millichap? Contribute to the Community!