Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. I think they were just looking for my ability to articulate my thoughts. Their business models involves getting as many people in place to succeed, with the thought that the cream will rise to the top and the dead wood will move on.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to manage the expectation of not closing a deal for at least 6 months?   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Interview

very easy just ask about sports

Interview Questions

• can you survive with out making money for a year.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by asian and a white lady. Interview was very short . Job seem alright.

Interview Questions

• Why are you still sitting here we are finish with the interview   Answer Question

Associate Broker Interview

Interview

Got contacted by the Manager and scheduled an interview for a week later. Overall the interview was very straight forward; looked over resume. I took a personality tesT

Intern Interview

Interview

receive email after work, seems like randomly interview people who applied the position.

Interview Questions

• why you think you are qualified?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

After applying I was contacted about 3 days later. I was given a first interview where the hiring manager informed me about the position and what it consisted of. He asked standard questions including strengths, weaknesses, why their company, etc. I was given a chance to ask all the questions I wanted to ask. I then was introduced to an agent who I would be "shadowing" if given the position and interviewed with him as well. I was told to contact them at a later date if I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• If they met my friends at a bar what would they say about me?   2 Answers

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a few days. Agent asked why Marcus & Millichap and if I one day wanted to pursue RE license, and if I wanted to one day become an agent in the office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Entry-level position that requires little to no experience. I was interviewed by one of their Regional Managers. Began with a simple resume walkthrough and questions about interest in commercial real estate. This job is 100% commission based, and you are required to participate in their 3 month training program which YOU have to pay almost $2000 to do. Coming in with little to no experience, you will not make a single dime for a period on at least 8-12 months.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell off your stocks and other investments to support yourself during the 8-12 month period where you would be making no money?   Answer Question

Due to it being 100% commission based, and having to pay almost $2000 for a training program created too much financial risk. Also, I was asked personal questions about how much I had in savings and investments. The Regional Manager asked if I would be willing to sell off my stocks I own to support myself during this time period. This was a ridiculous request in my opinion, and creates a large amount of risk for someone who is fresh out of college and trying to support themselves.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.