Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.6

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

very easy just ask about sports

Interview Questions
    • can you survive with out making money for a year.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I was interviewed by asian and a white lady. Interview was very short . Job seem alright.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you still sitting here we are finish with the interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

receive email after work, seems like randomly interview people who applied the position.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. I think they were just looking for my ability to articulate my thoughts. Their business models involves getting as many people in place to succeed, with the thought that the cream will rise to the top and the dead wood will move on.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to manage the expectation of not closing a deal for at least 6 months?   Answer Question

Investment Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

After applying I was contacted about 3 days later. I was given a first interview where the hiring manager informed me about the position and what it consisted of. He asked standard questions including strengths, weaknesses, why their company, etc. I was given a chance to ask all the questions I wanted to ask. I then was introduced to an agent who I would be "shadowing" if given the position and interviewed with him as well. I was told to contact them at a later date if I was still interested.

Associate Broker Interview

Got contacted by the Manager and scheduled an interview for a week later.

Overall the interview was very straight forward; looked over resume. I took a personality tesT

Financial Analyst/Agent Assistant Interview

3 rounds of interview with various departments

Interview Questions
    • Market related situational questions.... Very important to have real estate knowledge and license is helpful as well   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Commercial Real Estate Sales Agent Interview

The guy who interviewed me was an absolute jerk. Started doodling while I was talking to him. Acted condescending and seemed very unprepared. Made the company seem very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit for real estate sales? (was literally the only question asked. he decided he'd rather sit there and have me ask questions the entire time than prepare questions he wanted to ask me)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Entry-level position that requires little to no experience. I was interviewed by one of their Regional Managers. Began with a simple resume walkthrough and questions about interest in commercial real estate. This job is 100% commission based, and you are required to participate in their 3 month training program which YOU have to pay almost $2000 to do. Coming in with little to no experience, you will not make a single dime for a period on at least 8-12 months.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to sell off your stocks and other investments to support yourself during the 8-12 month period where you would be making no money?   Answer Question

Due to it being 100% commission based, and having to pay almost $2000 for a training program created too much financial risk. Also, I was asked personal questions about how much I had in savings and investments. The Regional Manager asked if I would be willing to sell off my stocks I own to support myself during this time period. This was a ridiculous request in my opinion, and creates a large amount of risk for someone who is fresh out of college and trying to support themselves.