Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone with Regional Operations Manager (10 mins) and scheduled physical for next day. Physical with Regional Manager (1.5 hours) and had Phone with Corporate Operations Manager same afternoon (2 hours). Took online skills assessment next day, which was more personality/behavioral (3+ hours). Then they stopped communicating with me cold after that.

Interview Questions

Interview

The guy who interviewed me was an absolute jerk. Started doodling while I was talking to him. Acted condescending and seemed very unprepared. Made the company seem very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for real estate sales? (was literally the only question asked. he decided he'd rather sit there and have me ask questions the entire time than prepare questions he wanted to ask me)   Answer Question

SIP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Interviewed with one senior broker who would be mentoring me and supervising me. Next interview was with second senior broker who would also be mentoring me. Third interview met with regional manager. Senior brokers selected who to hire but regional manager had to approve of choice in final interview. There was also a personality trait test ("NEO") and a Microsoft Excel test.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic stuff, i.e. How do you compute a CAP Rate? Why do you want to work in real estate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

"You can have the job if you can start next Monday."

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist and I received a call the same day. As an Intern you get paid 24k as an Independent contractor. You eat what you kill and no benefits.

Interview Questions

• They ask me about my financial situation, How much money I have saved because is all based on commission. The lady was selling me the position.   1 Answer

Just not worth it ...

sales intern position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

They seem to hire a group of young adults, with little to no experience in sales and real estate. You meet with Jeff and speak to him about why you are interested, why you would be a good fit, etc. and he speaks to you about why Marcus is a good company. The interview is more of a conversation to make sure you are personable and willing to work. After, they forward you to one of the brokers who you will be working under if hired. He or she goes through the same process. Essentially, they are just trying to get to know you, it is a very casual interview, or at least mine was. After speaking with the broker you will be sent an online test to test your personality and knowledge of the sales industry.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, pretty straightforward process.   Answer Question

The company is entirely commision based and as a recent college graduate I need an income. On average, you do not make your first sale until a year or two after starting the job.

Associate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Went in to talk with the hiring manager and had a good talk. Supplied a packet of information and wanted to make sure that this is really something that I wanted to do and to get back to him after I had looked it over and thought about it.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would fit into the culture here at M&M?   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Interview

Interview consisted mostly of the interviewer talking, with very few direct questions about my skills or experience. I learned that they were looking for a specific, highly outgoing personality type, which had not been explained at all in the ad. The atmosphere, as observed during my interview and as described by the interviewer, seemed like it had the potential for drama and office politics. It certainly didn't have the healthy, positive vibe of other offices I've seen and worked in.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

After applying I was contacted about 3 days later. I was given a first interview where the hiring manager informed me about the position and what it consisted of. He asked standard questions including strengths, weaknesses, why their company, etc. I was given a chance to ask all the questions I wanted to ask. I then was introduced to an agent who I would be "shadowing" if given the position and interviewed with him as well. I was told to contact them at a later date if I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• If they met my friends at a bar what would they say about me?   2 Answers

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. I think they were just looking for my ability to articulate my thoughts. Their business models involves getting as many people in place to succeed, with the thought that the cream will rise to the top and the dead wood will move on.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to manage the expectation of not closing a deal for at least 6 months?   Answer Question

Associate Broker Interview

Interview

Got contacted by the Manager and scheduled an interview for a week later. Overall the interview was very straight forward; looked over resume. I took a personality tesT