Marcus & Millichap

2.6

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in June 2012.

One of my friends was an intern at a different department and she got me the interview. The interviewer and I communicated through email to set the appointment. To prepare myself for the interview, I thought about what my "So, tell me about yourself?" answer was going to be so I did not ramble on. I, also, thought about what my strengths and weakness were, and came up with a couple questions to ask the interviewer as well. There was only one interview. It was smooth, comfortable and shorter than expected. The office was beautiful and the people were nice, it seemed like an easy going place to work. They expect someone who shows initiative and is resourceful.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want out of the internship and their company?   Answer Question

Associate Broker Interview

I had a sequence of 3 interviews. They want to see that you are aggressive and you follow through. I have heard of a manager not calling back to see that you will take the initiative and make the call again yourself.

Interview Questions
    • How much money is in your bank account?   View Answer
    None

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

You have to attend a presentation conducted by the regional manager and after they call you for an interview. The interview questions are nothing out of the norm. Pretty basic questions and a personality test. After that they will call you and tell you if they like you or not .

Interview Questions
    100% commission based. No negotiation needed.

Investment Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2013.

Initially had a pre-screening phone interview, then was asked to come into the office. Met with several brokers who mostly asked about my resume and experience. Everyone was nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and took the time to make sure what would be expected of me.

Interview Questions

Another firm offered me paid training and a draw. I could have held a part time job in order to support myself at Marcus & Millichap, but I wanted to focus all my time and energy in becoming successful in Investment Sales.

Analyst Interview

I was interviewed by asian and a white lady. Interview was very short . Job seem alright.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you still sitting here we are finish with the interview   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2013.

I applied through CareerBuilder and was called in for an in-person interview after a short preliminary phone conversation. The interviewer stressed the importance of company culture, giving me relatively few opportunities to talk about my skills, but all in all it was pleasant and professional. The interviewer let me know promptly that they had selected another candidate.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2009.

One interview. Must follow up on your own. Only persistent people get hired here.

Interview Questions
    Commission only, so no real negotiation here. Just convince them that you can make money in order to get hired.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in April 2009.

I received a phone call in response to an online application from my college website. I went to interview, everything was great except I was asked to work for free, and he would "bonus" me money on occasion. He may have been well intentioned, but as it was a 45 minute drive one way for me, I really couldn't take that. He was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected questions. It was a pleasant experience without doubt, I was just not able to work under their terms of employment.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2012.

Very simple and easy. Met the person who was the head of the office at a career fair. I went up to Portland to talk to him. The interview was relatively informal. I went up again to talk to one of the Brokers and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan on working in this industry once you graduate.   Answer Question

RE Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

One phone interview and one in-person interview. Very straightforward/ moderate interview if you are actually interested and passionate about the job