Marcus & Millichap

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Real Estate Broker

I applied online and interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details – You have to attend a presentation conducted by the regional manager and after they call you for an interview. The interview questions are nothing out of the norm. Pretty basic questions and a personality test. After that they will call you and tell you if they like you or not .

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 100% commission based. No negotiation needed.

Investment Sales Associate Interview

Investment Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initially had a pre-screening phone interview, then was asked to come into the office. Met with several brokers who mostly asked about my resume and experience. Everyone was nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and took the time to make sure what would be expected of me.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another firm offered me paid training and a draw. I could have held a part time job in order to support myself at Marcus & Millichap, but I wanted to focus all my time and energy in becoming successful in Investment Sales.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Marcus & Millichap

Interview Details – I was interviewed by asian and a white lady. Interview was very short . Job seem alright.

Interview Question – Why are you still sitting here we are finish with the interview   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant Interview

Marketing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through CareerBuilder and was called in for an in-person interview after a short preliminary phone conversation. The interviewer stressed the importance of company culture, giving me relatively few opportunities to talk about my skills, but all in all it was pleasant and professional. The interviewer let me know promptly that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Question – There were no unusual or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Broker

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2009.

Interview Details – One interview. Must follow up on your own. Only persistent people get hired here.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Commission only, so no real negotiation here. Just convince them that you can make money in order to get hired.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in April 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call in response to an online application from my college website. I went to interview, everything was great except I was asked to work for free, and he would "bonus" me money on occasion. He may have been well intentioned, but as it was a 45 minute drive one way for me, I really couldn't take that. He was very nice and professional.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions. It was a pleasant experience without doubt, I was just not able to work under their terms of employment.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple and easy. Met the person who was the head of the office at a career fair. I went up to Portland to talk to him. The interview was relatively informal. I went up again to talk to one of the Brokers and was offered a position.

Interview Question – Do you plan on working in this industry once you graduate.   Answer Question

RE Research Analyst Intern Interview

RE Research Analyst Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one in-person interview. Very straightforward/ moderate interview if you are actually interested and passionate about the job

Interview Question – Why real estate?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in September 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into the interview after being referred by a friend, studied commercial real estate the weekend before the interview and was asked very general questions. I explained that I was willing to do grunt work and understood that I was there to learn at my own pace.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about the current real estate market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was non-paid school credited.

Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in August 2012.

Interview Details – SA LA VIE! I didnt want it anyway. I got to the Roseville office on time but was kept waiting 15 minutes. The interview did NOT lead to a position offer. I will respect the interviewer and not reveal this persons name. I am not here to talk badly about this person either. My impression is that he was trying to see if I could work there based on what HE thinks can sell. He appears aggressive but that doesnt bother me. I am casual. I am aggressive when I need to be. I think he made up his mind in about the first 3 minutes of this interview. This interviewer was direct with me which was fine. I asked for clarification on something and had to re-state my question because I was a bit nervous. I wanted to know what type of person they are looking for. He mentioned aggressive, sociable.

I dont think I got a chance to say much about myself though. I have sold before. TIP: WEAR A TIE. I didint. I am a free thinker. I dont want to look like everyone else. More on this later. Dont say you have a caring personality type either. I am guessing caring will come across in this persons eyes as weak . Not sure if this guy was having a bad day or what. He thinks he knows how to judge an applicant. Ok, my heart wasnt in it anyway. I had this sense before I even got there. He didnt ask me about the company background. If you"re going to be on the phone all day then why not just do network marketing? He was stating that there could be 2-5 grueling interviews. You could have no income for 1-2 years. Sounded like a prep to let me go. He didnt say much about the training I'm guessing because he already made up his mind at that point. 99 percent of business is generated on the phone. Uh, dude, I've worked the phones. I sincerely hope this helps you. This wasnt meant to be for me. At least in network marketing you can get some training on sales and a better understanding of why people buy. This wasnt a good interview for me. Maybe I was off my game. This is my way of paying it forward.

As I left I did see alot of ties hanging on the interviewers door. Everyone has their own style.

Interview Question – Why commercial real estate   View Answer