Marcus & Millichap

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2011.

I was called back by the Regional Manager of the office, who asked me a few questions about my background - mainly focusing on why I was interested in commercial real estate. After playing phone tag back and forth a few times, we agreed on an appointment time. At end of interview, told me to call him back by the end of the week to see if I was still interested. If I said I was, then I would come in for a personality test and have a panel interview by him and two other associates.

Interview Questions
    • You're just a college graduate, what makes you think you can convince a 60 year old investor to trust you with his money?   Answer Question

No short-term financial support was my main reason for declining.

General Occupation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2011.

I arrived just under 10 minutes for my interview and waited over 1/2 and hour and finally was called in. It was not what I expected as I did all the talking and after 45 minutes I left and went home. Followed up with a email that I was interested in the position and after several days I never heard back. After no response after my 3rd email I gave up and decided that I would not want to work at a place that can't take a minute to follow up with someone.

Disappointed and got my dream job anyways with a much more personable firm. It is already cold enough outside why work in a cold environment?

Sleeping in Seattle!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in May 2011.

Shortly after I submitted my resume I got a call from a team manager to come in for an interview. It was a 1:1 interview. Very informal. She just asked me about myself and my past work experiences. I could tell she just wanted to see my personality and how i presented myself. A few weeks later they called me back for another interview. After they interview they offered me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2011.

Pretty standard 40 minutes behavioral interview. They really needed somebody to build this database for them so they seemed desperate. It was unpaid however. They said it was cash incentives based on performance, but it was just another way to say it's unpaid. Don't get your hopes up. Asked pretty standard questions. Nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in September 2010.

I walked into the interview after being referred by a friend, studied commercial real estate the weekend before the interview and was asked very general questions. I explained that I was willing to do grunt work and understood that I was there to learn at my own pace.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about the current real estate market?   Answer Question
    it was non-paid school credited.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in August 2010.

Meet with the Regional Manager, meet some people, get hired. I was hired in about 30 minutes, almost like they were selling me on the company. There are a lot of great people who work there, but the majority are stuck and end up moving on to something that they feel is more stable.

Commercial Real Estate Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2010.

The most arrogant, disrespectful manager/interviewer I've encountered after 15 years experience in all facets of real estate. After a couple cursory surface questions, he indicated he didn't think the job was for me. I then asked, aren't you going to ask me a real interview question....then he responds by asking what books I've read lately. Huh? Really? I'm an avid reader btw. All in all, the interview process started and stopped at the receptionist's desk when he realized I was a minority and would not "fit" in their all white male office environment. Never felt so blatantly discriminated without even given the chance to assert my personality.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in June 2010.

When first going in to interview with them, I met with the Head Broker at the Manhattan Office. He took his time out to sit with me for about an hour to talk about my resume, and the firm's capabilities. They ask a lot of questions and encourage you to ask as well.

After the first visit, they brought me in another time to explain more about the firm, complete a personality test, and let me talk with a couple of their brokers. Overall, they did a very thorough job of having me understand exactly what they were expecting, and what I should be expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I choose to work with someone as young as yourself, when I can work with someone who has been in the business 20 years and has sold several buildings already?   Answer Question

I was offered a job at another firm, otherwise I would have chosen to work with them.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in June 2010.

The agent you would work for. What's your background

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in March 2010.

Pretty straightforward and upfront. A sales manager sat me down and told me it would be 60+ hours per week to start off with, cold calling some 300 prospects a week. He asked about relevant sales experience, and asked direct questions about whether it would be a problem for me to do all that cold calling. Definitely seemed to expect me to know a good deal about the company going in. Clearly a lot of interviews going on, something of a cattle call.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to handle the pressure of making a lot of cold calls if you don't have much experience at it?   View Answer