Marcus & Millichap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

3.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2014.

Great Experience. Very Forthcoming with Information. Interested in you as a person. Great explanation of the firm's history and approach to the commercial real estate market. Took the time to evaluate your interests and relevant past experiences to find a "group" within the company that you would best fit into without overcoming significant hurdles due to personality, knowledge, or approach.

Interview Questions
    • 5-10 year goals. Reason for wanting to get into the field. Prior Experience. Individualized questions about personal history, education, interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2011.

I was called back by the Regional Manager of the office, who asked me a few questions about my background - mainly focusing on why I was interested in commercial real estate. After playing phone tag back and forth a few times, we agreed on an appointment time. At end of interview, told me to call him back by the end of the week to see if I was still interested. If I said I was, then I would come in for a personality test and have a panel interview by him and two other associates.

Interview Questions
    • You're just a college graduate, what makes you think you can convince a 60 year old investor to trust you with his money?   Answer Question

No short-term financial support was my main reason for declining.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in August 2010.

Meet with the Regional Manager, meet some people, get hired. I was hired in about 30 minutes, almost like they were selling me on the company. There are a lot of great people who work there, but the majority are stuck and end up moving on to something that they feel is more stable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in December 2010.

Process began with a telephone interview. "Why are you interested in a career in commercial real estate", "What is your background", etc.

The 1:1 interview was pretty straight forward. Basically discussed my resume and my ambitions. I came prepared to ask intelligent questions about the company, the local real estate market, and the specific branch - this was very important to the interviewer.

The personality test was a typical multiple choice, how do you feel about XYZ. Just be hones. No right or wrong.

I also met with two other associates. This was an opportunity for me to get different perspectives and demonstrate my ability to interact with different personalities.

All in all, a relatively low stress interview, but then again I am confident and well-prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you will be a good addition to the team?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared, financially, to work very hard for the next 10+ months without pay?   Answer Question