Marcus & Millichap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015

3.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. Very Forthcoming with Information. Interested in you as a person. Great explanation of the firm's history and approach to the commercial real estate market. Took the time to evaluate your interests and relevant past experiences to find a "group" within the company that you would best fit into without overcoming significant hurdles due to personality, knowledge, or approach.

Interview Questions

• 5-10 year goals. Reason for wanting to get into the field. Prior Experience. Individualized questions about personal history, education, interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Encino, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was called back by the Regional Manager of the office, who asked me a few questions about my background - mainly focusing on why I was interested in commercial real estate. After playing phone tag back and forth a few times, we agreed on an appointment time. At end of interview, told me to call him back by the end of the week to see if I was still interested. If I said I was, then I would come in for a personality test and have a panel interview by him and two other associates.

Interview Questions

• You're just a college graduate, what makes you think you can convince a 60 year old investor to trust you with his money?   Answer Question

No short-term financial support was my main reason for declining.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Meet with the Regional Manager, meet some people, get hired. I was hired in about 30 minutes, almost like they were selling me on the company. There are a lot of great people who work there, but the majority are stuck and end up moving on to something that they feel is more stable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap in December 2010.

Interview

Process began with a telephone interview. "Why are you interested in a career in commercial real estate", "What is your background", etc. The 1:1 interview was pretty straight forward. Basically discussed my resume and my ambitions. I came prepared to ask intelligent questions about the company, the local real estate market, and the specific branch - this was very important to the interviewer. The personality test was a typical multiple choice, how do you feel about XYZ. Just be hones. No right or wrong. I also met with two other associates. This was an opportunity for me to get different perspectives and demonstrate my ability to interact with different personalities. All in all, a relatively low stress interview, but then again I am confident and well-prepared.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be a good addition to the team?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared, financially, to work very hard for the next 10+ months without pay?   Answer Question