Marianos Fresh Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in August 2014.

Interview Details – I was called immediately a day after I applied online for a phone interview. After that, I was scheduled a week to come in the store for a 1 on 1 interview with a manager, but I insisted that I'd be able to come in as soon as possible. Next day I came in the store 30 minutes prior to my interview time. So, I took a stroll around the store, just browsing and analyzing what a "could be" work day. Believe it or not, I was watching a top ten interview questions video on YouTube whilst on my phone. lol! 20 minutes had gone by and I found my way to the front desk, I told the desk employee that I was scheduled for an interview and gave her my name. She said to take a seat at the cafe area and wait to be interviewed. I waited like a good hour or more. Finally an employee unpleasantly, I don't know if she was unsure of something, walked towards me and noted I'd be interviewed in a short while. When the interview came, the questions were among the lines of... "How was your attitude in school", "What was your GPA?", "What were the high and low points in your life", "Were you involved in any extracurricular activities?, if so describe them", " Has anyone in your life impacted you?, if so in what way", "Describe a time when you resolved a customer's complaint", "Tell me about a time when you got frustrated with a customer and What did you do to resolve the dispute?", " Tell me about some errors you were accounted for at your previous job and how did you over come them?", "What are some strengths and weaknesses of a boss?", "How would your past employees describe you?", and "On a scale from 1-10, how bad do you want this position." The questions were easy as pie, just be well prepared and say what they want to hear. Hell, try to make them laugh and don't forget to smile. After the interview I was told another manager would interview me. The other manager sat me down at a different eating area and practically described what Mariano's is all about and what they look for in an employee. He asked simple questions like... "What can you bring to this company?", "How's your schedule?" and "Can I trust you?". I can't remember the rest though... Then all of a sudden... Welcome aboard. Cashier: level 1. I was like :O oh em gee.

Interview Question – Can I trust you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really didn't negotiate since I was stunned from getting offered the Cashier position. Fortunately, the rate was a lot more than I was offered at my previous job, so I was happy.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Palatine, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in June 2014.

Interview Details – I walked into the Mariano's in Elmhurst and asked an employee if they were hiring. She introduced me to the hiring manager. He told me to fill out the computer application then call him after I did that. As I filled out the computer application, I started thinking about other locations more suitable to my commute. It turned out I walked into Palatine and met with hiring manager who set up an interview with me for the following day. That next day I found out a friend of mine's sister worked for the company and she put in a good word for me before my interview. I am forever grateful for having such a dear friend and for Mariano's for giving me the job opportunity of a lifetime!

Interview Question – As crazy as this sounds, it wasn't a difficult question or unexpected question. I just remember sitting and waiting for what seemed like 15 minutes before a second person interviewed me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In all honesty, I had been on several job interviews before interviewing here with no luck. So, when I got hired right then and there on the spot, I wasn't even thinking about negotiating. I was in shock (in a good way!).

Very Easy Interview

Barista Interview

Barista
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – First an initial phone interview, very basic, practically read my resume to them. Really want you to visit a Marianos before your in person interview. Next week scheduled a 1:1 interview- interviewer seemed bored, but it was a job fair so he had a lot of people in before me. Many of the same questions as the phone interview, with a few more in depth questions about previous jobs. Next week was the second in person, looking for your job outlook, personality, what hours you are looking for, etc. Gave me the job on the spot but never officially said so. Just asked me to wait my turn to fill out paperwork and tax info, then handed me my acceptance letter and instructions on orientation.

Interview Question – Best boss/worst boss. Really, not difficult questions. It was very generic.   Answer Question

Cashier/Front End Interview

Cashier/Front End

I applied online and interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took them about two weeks to call me. there was two interviews one over the phone and one in person. After the phone interview they gave me a time to come in and meet with a manager. When I went in for the second interview they asked the same questions that they did over the phone so I felt kind of prepared. After the interview I was hired on the spot and was given a time to come in for orientation

Interview Question – what do you think is going to be a challenge for you working for Marianos   Answer Question

Front End Lead Interview

Front End Lead

I applied online and interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Easy process, however, they make you wait for hours during the interview. It starts with a phone interview, then an interview with a service operations manager, and the last interview is with the store director. You'll get a job if you smile and say you have open availability. That's all it takes.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions. They are basically just questions like "what do you think is good customer service?" and "Tell me about an experience where you received good customer service?"   Answer Question

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

Meat/Seafood Clerk

Interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market

Interview Details – After shopping at the market, I found that the place was hiring. There was a website I traveled to, and I was asked a great deal of questions as I applied. Most of them were behavioral and hypothetical (how often do you believe statement X is true). After spending close to an hour on that, I was contacted for a telephone interview and I had about a 30 minute conversation with one of the store managers. Similar questions, except that now they asked about salary. Then there was a two-part in-person interview (both parts done on the same day). Right after the second part, they made me an offer.

Interview Question – They asked what I thought my salary should be and whether I should be full time or part time.   View Answer

Deli/Bakery Interview

Deli/Bakery
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in May 2014.

Interview Details – Went to open interview. I was #23 in line to be interviewed. Talked with the girl who was interviewing me for about 30 minutes. Be nice, smile, and make them laugh, thats the key. Then she sent me to be interviewed with some type of area manager, he basically just talked to me about which positions were available and which i would be most comfortable working in. Told me to come in the next week and fill out my paperwork. Simple and easy. Well it was for me. No drug test, but they did infer that there just might be some random ones in the future, but they didnt say for sure.

Interview Questions

• Asked if ive ever been to a marianos store   Answer Question
  • Asked about my past work experiences, asked to provide examples of good and bad experiences ive had with customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really, but they were nice enough to ask about how much i was looking to make.

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

Meat/Seafood Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in May 2014.

Interview Details – First they call to see if you're still interested in the job then they schedule you for a phone interview another day. Once you pass your phone interview, you have to come in for a in person interview. There are many other applicants waiting on the side to get called. The interview lasts around 20 minutes. After that, you'll need one last interview with an important manager. I waited like an extra hour until the manager actually called me to the interview room. Some people weren't patient to wait an hour or 2 to see the manager after his lunch break. They had to "come back" another day. I got hired as soon as we started talking. Patience is key.

Interview Question – Have You ever been to a Mariano's? If so, where was it? How was it?

What if you couldn't get a task/project done on time? What would you do?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Deli Crew Interview

Deli Crew

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in June 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call to schedule a telephone interview. After telephone interview did a 1 on 1 interview with Department Manager; after this interviewed with Store Director (right after 1 on 1 interview). After interviews received a call to come in for Orientation the next day.

Whole process was 3 days. Easy.

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Wheaton, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I applied online than tried for weeks to connect with the Talent Coordinator. When I called the Wheaton, IL store, whoever answered the phone took my information and I never heard a thing. No one knew when this person would be in the store. Someone from HR called to say the TC would be calling me. I am still waiting.

Interview Question – Still trying to get connected with the Talent Coordinator.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marianos Fresh Market

Worked for Marianos Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!