Marianos Fresh Market

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.2

Deli Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

Very easy 3 interview . One phone interview and two in the store and after the third interview I was offered the job. The key trick to get hired at "Mariano's" is to say that you have open availability and always have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    What ever pay that you put on your at that is going to be your pay at the job.

Front End Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

The interview was basic. They're in the process of opening a new store so everyone that went in got the job. They asked what position I was interviewing for which was odd because that's the position they called me in to interview for. I told them front end lead. Then she proceeded with basic questions, mainly about my last 3 jobs. Afterwards asked if I could wait to meet with the director to interview me. Instantly got the job. However he wrote on the paper I would be a cashier. He didn't tell me I wouldn't get the position I had interviewed until i asked. Another flag. Then the pay offered was 9.85 which was fine because I had only asked for 10. And the position was PT when I ask for FT. Then I went to orientation. Find out about $25 union fee out of each check. $100 a month. And part time hrs average between 20-25 hrs a week. Not worth it. After that I declined the job.

I declined after getting details at orientation. Wasn't the right fit or pay for me.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

Saw a ad on Craigslist to send my resume in. The same day someone called me and ask me to come in for a interview for the next day. I guess the store I interview with really needed people because it was ton of us there. Had a interview with one of the manager and it was very simple, which was unusual for me. I thought I would have to go through the whole three interview process. The manager just ask if I was in school and what's ny availability. You must have OPEN availability for them to hire you. He offer me the position on the spot and I started the next day with orientation.

He ask what was I making before. I told him 10.25 and he give me 10.35

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Large job fair style. Whole interview took maybe 5 minutes. Didn't look over resume - asked questions that were answered on the resume i.e. employment history, address, #, etc.

It was for a store that was too far from my residence

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in August 2014.

I was called immediately a day after I applied online for a phone interview. After that, I was scheduled a week to come in the store for a 1 on 1 interview with a manager, but I insisted that I'd be able to come in as soon as possible. Next day I came in the store 30 minutes prior to my interview time. So, I took a stroll around the store, just browsing and analyzing what a "could be" work day. Believe it or not, I was watching a top ten interview questions video on YouTube whilst on my phone. lol! 20 minutes had gone by and I found my way to the front desk, I told the desk employee that I was scheduled for an interview and gave her my name. She said to take a seat at the cafe area and wait to be interviewed. I waited like a good hour or more. Finally an employee unpleasantly, I don't know if she was unsure of something, walked towards me and noted I'd be interviewed in a short while. When the interview came, the questions were among the lines of... "How was your attitude in school", "What was your GPA?", "What were the high and low points in your life", "Were you involved in any extracurricular activities?, if so describe them", " Has anyone in your life impacted you?, if so in what way", "Describe a time when you resolved a customer's complaint", "Tell me about a time when you got frustrated with a customer and What did you do to resolve the dispute?", " Tell me about some errors you were accounted for at your previous job and how did you over come them?", "What are some strengths and weaknesses of a boss?", "How would your past employees describe you?", and "On a scale from 1-10, how bad do you want this position." The questions were easy as pie, just be well prepared and say what they want to hear. Hell, try to make them laugh and don't forget to smile. After the interview I was told another manager would interview me. The other manager sat me down at a different eating area and practically described what Mariano's is all about and what they look for in an employee. He asked simple questions like... "What can you bring to this company?", "How's your schedule?" and "Can I trust you?". I can't remember the rest though... Then all of a sudden... Welcome aboard. Cashier: level 1. I was like :O oh em gee.

Interview Questions
    I really didn't negotiate since I was stunned from getting offered the Cashier position. Fortunately, the rate was a lot more than I was offered at my previous job, so I was happy.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in August 2014.

I applied online. I got called for a phone interview the next week. Then I was scheduled for an interview in person. I came for the interview like about 30 mins early walked around the store. I was told to wait at the cafe for about a while because they were busy. I waited for about half an hour or so. I got interview by three people. Some of the question I got asked were 'Why do you want to work here?', "What was your high school?', 'Did you do any extra curriculum activities?'. 'What are your strengths and weakness?'. After I was interview with the last person.. I remember him saying Welcome abroad.

Cashier/Front End Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

I applied online and it took them about two weeks to call me. there was two interviews one over the phone and one in person. After the phone interview they gave me a time to come in and meet with a manager. When I went in for the second interview they asked the same questions that they did over the phone so I felt kind of prepared. After the interview I was hired on the spot and was given a time to come in for orientation

Interview Questions
    • what do you think is going to be a challenge for you working for Marianos   Answer Question

Level II Cake Decorator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in July 2014.

Got 2 interviews store director..got hired on the second one..orientation the next day.you have to be patient if they don't call email the person who sent you the interview and ask them if they can give you a follow up on your application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a bad experience you had with a customer?   View Answer
    I told them I had a lot of expierence and smiled :) that the key

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in July 2014.

Applied on line, numerous questions and took some time as I am not all that computer literate. Received an invitation for an in peeson interview. Got my second choice of dates for the interview. Interviewed by a very young person but she was pleasant and had a set format. Then made it to next round and was interviewed by store director and was offered a job,

Front End Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Easy process, however, they make you wait for hours during the interview. It starts with a phone interview, then an interview with a service operations manager, and the last interview is with the store director. You'll get a job if you smile and say you have open availability. That's all it takes.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. They are basically just questions like "what do you think is good customer service?" and "Tell me about an experience where you received good customer service?"   Answer Question