Marianos Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Was a cattle call. Marianos asked for a meet and greet with about 25 applicants for different positions. They actually had to tell you to "dress business professional" and "bring your resume". That was after 2 initial screening interviews earlier that week.

General Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in July 2015.

Interview

Completed An Online Application , Then Recieve A Call The Next Following Day, Which Was A Phone Interview , Then She Scheduled An In Person Interview The Next Day , I Went In, The Interviewer Was Nice , They're Looking For People With Friendly Attitude & A People's Person & Afterwards They Established A Background Check , Then I Recieved A Call Back With Them Offering Me A Position .

Interview Questions

• Why Do You Want To Work Here?   1 Answer
    • Name Something You Volunteered To Do In Order To Help Someone ?   1 Answer

Customers Service/Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

it was a phone interview, the person I spoke with on the phone was very nice and professional asked me basic questions ,the phone interview went for about 10 mins , she said that she will move me forward with the interview and I have another interview in person with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marianos? what position you are applying to? your availability job history   Answer Question

Bakery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was already working as a supervisor with the company when a flyer for new management hiring got posted. My store director and department manager approached me and asked if i was interested, and said yes. I had a phone interview and got asked basic questions (tell me about yourself, scenarios, what are my long term goals and short term goals with the company) 4 people in my store got interviewed over the phone and I was the only one who got asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following week (the others eventually got called back for face-to-face few weeks later). I met with two higher ups and got asked similar questions from my phone interview. Shook hands and didn't hear nothing after that. Few weeks later i got called in for another interview and got the promotion. I signed a contract which had my new salary pay, and location of new store. Overall if you already work for the company they will make you wait and its mostly because there isn't a position open yet and you would need to be patient. They really try their best to develop people within their company instead of hiring new students fresh out of school with no job experience.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview

ok. it was basic with basic questions. This is a entry level position so they'll hire anybody who doesn't have a criminal record. It was a stress free interview. I knew I had the job ten minutes into my interview.

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Northbrook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was not that focused. They mainly asked about my previous volunteering experience as I did not have work experience. I found it really pointless, since I was pretty sure they were gonna hire me anyway. They just wanted people. I finished that first interview, then a second one with the store director who asked me questions about myself. He was really amiable but typically these people are, they just want to suck you into a job.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty intense, but not intimidating in anyway. There was a phone interview first. They then asked me to come in for an in person interview. I interviewed with an assistant manager first, then a general manager, then came in for a third interview with the store director. I was offered a job (a better position than I applied for) and accepted. Came in a week later for background check, paperwork, and orientation.

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Lake Zurich, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

HR woman called me the day after I applied. Conducted a quick phone interview. Then had an in store interview with the store director and the SOM manager. Was hired on the spot. Interviewer makes you feel like you're wanted there. Was an easy process overall, but it should be for such an entry level job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay or position.

Available Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Palatine, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in during a Job fair, got interviewed by three people and I loved it. I got along with all three people I spoke too. I filled out papers and waited for the back ground check results.

Cashier Interview

Application

I interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. My cousin works there and he got the manager to pull up my application. I then got called in for a background questionnaire at the store, and once i was finished, she said she would call back in 5 days. A week passed and I called back myself and she wasn't there at the time so I called a few days after that. I then was told by my cousin (who got me in) that the SD was on vacation and to wait two weeks. I end up getting a call 3-5 days after and got a phone interview. I was told to come in the following Monday, where i had a one on one interview. Now I'm waiting on the results.