Marianos Fresh Market

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vernon Hill, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews in one day - the first with an assistant manager and the second with a regional hr person. They were very nice to me and seemed interested in what I wanted to say, however it felt like they were just telling me what I wanted to hear to make their store seem more highly regarded and everything I thought it would be.

Interview Question – If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I was not able to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Apply online only, they do not accept resumes or have computers in store. They will call you for phone interview first. Second interview is in the store by Human Resources and/or assistant manager. They will call in 7 days after second interview if they want you to come in for the Third interview with Store Manager.

Interview Question – They will ask about your GPA in High School and College. Also about all extra curricular activities you joined in High school and College. They will ask if you do volunteer work. This is the longest interview I have ever done anywhere in my life. They have 6 pages of questions some questions are asked twice to see if you can answer these questions with the same answers. There are no hard questions. Just a lot of questions that have nothing to do with the job you are applying for.   Answer Question

Leadership and Development Program Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted through my school Career Fair the first interview was good went directly to the second interview. When it was time for the second interview it was the most unprofessional interview ever she began asking question about high school. sorry but I am applying for a management role not a cashier questions consisted of what where your high points and low points, who was your role model in high school, what was your GPA, seriously I'm 25 high school was a long time ago. besides that the interview was conducted in the front of the store, there was even people eating right next to us. the individual did not know how to interview people because she kept on asking what my strengths and weakness were such as what would your team members say your strengths and weakness are?, what would your Boss say your strengths and weakness are?, what would your employees say your strengths and weakness are? what would your Mentor say your strengths and weakness are? She was clueless. they need better experienced managers to conduct interviews,

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Specific Position to BE Interviewed Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in February 2014.

Interview Details – At this point I've heard nothing further about what my status is. After a phone interview was schedule for a one-on-one interview at a hiring center. Was told that my application would be considered by two stores and would hear more from the stores. At this point I'm unsure about how to follow-up if it's possible. Was never clear about what I had been interviewing for, but kept some basics vague in hopes that I wouldn't talk myself out of an offer.

Interview Question – What frustrates you? What are your accomplishments? I didn't expect those questions at all!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cheese Lead Interview

Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in January 2014.

Interview Details – 3 stages.

1st over the phone
2nd face to face with a recruiter
3rd store manager (i got called back for a 2nd face to face with the manager)

Interview Question – the focus is on customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i told them what i needed to make in order to work and they found a department to fit my income requirements.

Very Easy Interview

Front End Interview

Northfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Terrible - very few questions. No drug test or criminal background conducted either.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None hired on the spot

Catering & Event Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next day I was first called for a phone interview which was about 20 mins long and asked general questions. After I was asked to come in for a in person interview the next day. I was told to come in 15 mins before my interview to fill out paperwork which I was never given. When I arrived the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was interviewed by a recruiter and asked questions such as; What would your last employer say about you?, What is a weakness of yours? What kind of activities are you involved with? ect. Pretty much all the questions he asked were the same as the phone interview which is fine but what was weird to me was that he asked what position I was looking for. I clearly had indicated that when applying online and during my phone interview. He was a nice guy but when I asked questions such as how many positions were available and about the job he did not seem to know much about it. When we were finished he said I would be a great fit and wanted me to speak with a Manager. I sat down with the Manager who again asked what kind of job I was looking for. I told him and he took some time to look at paper work and then said we already hired for that position is there another department you would be interested in? Ummm NO! I told him that I was just called the day before to come in for the interview and explained to him that my degree was in Event/Catering Management and the reason I came to the interview was for only that. I asked about other stores in the Chicago area but he was unsure and most of them were not going to open for another couple months. Needless to say I was disappointed and felt that it was a total waste of my time which could have been spent applying and interviewing for jobs that were actually available. They really need to work on their organizational and communication skills to avoid situations like this.

Interview Questions

Cashier
Elmhurst, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in June 2013.

Interview Details – At least three rounds of interviews. The initial interview was a phone screening detailing job descriptions, personal background and experiences and ability to provide customer service. Second round consisted of an in-person interview with HR personnel to further detail customer service background, qualifications, and perceived commitment to the company. The third round was an interview with management to discuss why one would believe they were a good fit, what they like about the company, and more "difficult" questions etc.

Interview Question – Providing an example of a time when someone provided you with excellent customer service. Took longer to think of and required a good amount of detail to seem convincing.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Basic customer service and cashier counting/math skills

Negotiation Details – none..union wages

Interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market

Interview Details – They called me and I came in and did an interview

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marianos Fresh Market

Worked for Marianos Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marianos Fresh Market interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marianos Fresh Market employees and interview candidates.