Marianos Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.1

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview

Submit an online application. Three interviews: phone interview and two in-person interviews (service operations manager and store director). Questions based on customer service, problem solving, temperament, and availability. The store I interviewed for was not yet open. In-person interviews were done at a hiring center. They did not receive as many applicants as they anticipated and eventually accepted walk-in interviews. The interviews were pretty basic. As long as you smile and have open availability, you'll be fine. Having experience is a plus. I had no work experience but was given a job offer right after the final interview with the store director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you delivered great customer service.
      Tell me about a time when you received great customer service.

Answer Question

Manager of the Bakery Interview

Interview

Three different interviews and a preliminary phone interview. All were nice. Last two interviews were more intimidating as you are basically part of a whole bunch of people waiting in line to go interview.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview

Fnwkdkgkskdkcnnsnxcn dkskskkddkdk dkdkdkdkskkf dkdkdkfk flanked dkdkfkfs dkfkskkdf dkwkdkfoeoaofkf dkskskfkfks dkskfkdkkskffk dkskdkfkdk dkskskfkfkdk dkdkdkskdkfkfk dnskdkfkdkksksfk dkskdkfkrkrkdkkf fkdkekkdkfk eke djfndkdkf element dkdkdkfjf dndndmfm fjdjekfjfjf fnrkdkfkfkfk dkdkdkdkfkfkd xkskksfkfk fkdkdkfkf dkdkskdkf dkskskdkkf dkdkfkfkfkfk dkdkeksldl Clemens dkdkfkfk dkdkdkdk xkdkdkkdkx dkdkdkkffk dkdkdkdkd dkdkfjfj dkdkdkdkdx dkdk xkskskxkck dkskskckd djddmfmdmsmd dkdkdkckfkdd dmdmfkdkskxkck

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back a couple of days later. Did a brief phone interview and was told to come in for a face to face interview. Completed the face to face interview and was told to come in for a third interview with the store director. The store director didn't seem interested at all and was more focused on other things than the interview, but I still got the job. All questions are relatively easy, nothing difficult.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview

EVERYTHING IS ONLINE! Don't walk in the store and inquire about positions. They can't do anything for you and can't tell you off the top of their heads every position they're hiring for. That's what the internet is for.

The online portion is your standard online application process. Someone then (2-5 days later) conducts a phone interview to get to know you. This job requires you to be friendly and personable and you will not last long if you aren't that. After that, they'll schedule a face to face interview where you normally meet with a recruiter from that store (or manager, depending on the position or time of day). Questions are pretty standard - Why Mariano's? When have you gone above and beyond and how did it make you feel? How were you able to diffuse a pissed off customer and what were the results? Things of that nature.

If you get the job, you do an orientation and computer training that takes a few days and you begin working.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality or trait?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you the pay rate then and there

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first she asked brief questions about my previous work then I was sent to the store manager. It was less than 10 min. He asked me all the basic questions and interview has. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time where you went up and above and provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Northfield, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Quick easy questions that involved rating of yourself and people skills. Showed what positions are available and was very nice. They said to ask any questions about anything at the store. They asked me for my available hours

Interview Questions

• Do your friends describe you as a people person   1 Answer

Logistics (Stocking) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for a position online at a specific location and got a call about two day later to set up a phone interview within the next two days. Received the phone interview in which they proceed to asked you questions and high school and other personal aspects of your life, then "Why Marianos"? After I finished with the phone interview she scheduled me for a in person interview the next week. Instead of going to the store I went to a hiring center. The interview questions were fairly easy like "Tell me what do you do when you get angry" after the first interview she scheduled me for an interview with the store manager, which was for the next week. When I got there I didn't even interview with the store manager, Just another girl. She asked me the same questions that the first girl asked me and I was hired. They then told me to do a background check application on site and they will call me once the results come back within the next three days. About a week later I was told to come in to do all of my paperwork (which I thought was orientation because the last time I worked here they did it all in one) that Friday, and I was so excited because I was so ready to start working. Come to find out it was just another background check and orientation wasn't for another week! So a week later I went to orientation with about 20 other employees and I was surprised to find out that they put me in a store I didn't even apply for! Unfortunately the store doesn't open to February so I was going to be out of work for another two months. I didn't fret because it was close to the store I originally applied for and as long as I started working it didn't really matter. They give us our schedule for training at the end of the orientation and I don't start training till a month later. I talked to the hiring manager and explained my concern about how I applied for the store that was already open and she told me that there were no positions open at the time, but assured me that she would check up on it for me. Overall it was a pretty easy experience but I just would of wish that I wasn't misled into thinking that I was hired at one store and the put me in another.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

Interview

Saw a ad on Craigslist to send my resume in. The same day someone called me and ask me to come in for a interview for the next day. I guess the store I interview with really needed people because it was ton of us there. Had a interview with one of the manager and it was very simple, which was unusual for me. I thought I would have to go through the whole three interview process. The manager just ask if I was in school and what's ny availability. You must have OPEN availability for them to hire you. He offer me the position on the spot and I started the next day with orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He ask what was I making before. I told him 10.25 and he give me 10.35

Deli Crew Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy 3 interview . One phone interview and two in the store and after the third interview I was offered the job. The key trick to get hired at "Mariano's" is to say that you have open availability and always have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What ever pay that you put on your at that is going to be your pay at the job.