Marianos Fresh Market

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.1

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Applied online and received a call back a couple of days later. Did a brief phone interview and was told to come in for a face to face interview. Completed the face to face interview and was told to come in for a third interview with the store director. The store director didn't seem interested at all and was more focused on other things than the interview, but I still got the job. All questions are relatively easy, nothing difficult.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

EVERYTHING IS ONLINE! Don't walk in the store and inquire about positions. They can't do anything for you and can't tell you off the top of their heads every position they're hiring for. That's what the internet is for.

The online portion is your standard online application process. Someone then (2-5 days later) conducts a phone interview to get to know you. This job requires you to be friendly and personable and you will not last long if you aren't that. After that, they'll schedule a face to face interview where you normally meet with a recruiter from that store (or manager, depending on the position or time of day). Questions are pretty standard - Why Mariano's? When have you gone above and beyond and how did it make you feel? How were you able to diffuse a pissed off customer and what were the results? Things of that nature.

If you get the job, you do an orientation and computer training that takes a few days and you begin working.

Interview Questions
    They give you the pay rate then and there

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Interviewed with HR first she asked brief questions about my previous work then I was sent to the store manager. It was less than 10 min. He asked me all the basic questions and interview has. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time where you went up and above and provided excellent customer service   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in December 2014.

Quick easy questions that involved rating of yourself and people skills. Showed what positions are available and was very nice. They said to ask any questions about anything at the store. They asked me for my available hours

Interview Questions
    • Do your friends describe you as a people person   View Answer

Logistics (Stocking) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in November 2014.

Applied for a position online at a specific location and got a call about two day later to set up a phone interview within the next two days. Received the phone interview in which they proceed to asked you questions and high school and other personal aspects of your life, then "Why Marianos"? After I finished with the phone interview she scheduled me for a in person interview the next week. Instead of going to the store I went to a hiring center. The interview questions were fairly easy like "Tell me what do you do when you get angry" after the first interview she scheduled me for an interview with the store manager, which was for the next week. When I got there I didn't even interview with the store manager, Just another girl. She asked me the same questions that the first girl asked me and I was hired. They then told me to do a background check application on site and they will call me once the results come back within the next three days. About a week later I was told to come in to do all of my paperwork (which I thought was orientation because the last time I worked here they did it all in one) that Friday, and I was so excited because I was so ready to start working. Come to find out it was just another background check and orientation wasn't for another week! So a week later I went to orientation with about 20 other employees and I was surprised to find out that they put me in a store I didn't even apply for! Unfortunately the store doesn't open to February so I was going to be out of work for another two months. I didn't fret because it was close to the store I originally applied for and as long as I started working it didn't really matter. They give us our schedule for training at the end of the orientation and I don't start training till a month later. I talked to the hiring manager and explained my concern about how I applied for the store that was already open and she told me that there were no positions open at the time, but assured me that she would check up on it for me. Overall it was a pretty easy experience but I just would of wish that I wasn't misled into thinking that I was hired at one store and the put me in another.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

Saw a ad on Craigslist to send my resume in. The same day someone called me and ask me to come in for a interview for the next day. I guess the store I interview with really needed people because it was ton of us there. Had a interview with one of the manager and it was very simple, which was unusual for me. I thought I would have to go through the whole three interview process. The manager just ask if I was in school and what's ny availability. You must have OPEN availability for them to hire you. He offer me the position on the spot and I started the next day with orientation.

He ask what was I making before. I told him 10.25 and he give me 10.35

Deli Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

Very easy 3 interview . One phone interview and two in the store and after the third interview I was offered the job. The key trick to get hired at "Mariano's" is to say that you have open availability and always have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    What ever pay that you put on your at that is going to be your pay at the job.

Front End Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in October 2014.

The interview was basic. They're in the process of opening a new store so everyone that went in got the job. They asked what position I was interviewing for which was odd because that's the position they called me in to interview for. I told them front end lead. Then she proceeded with basic questions, mainly about my last 3 jobs. Afterwards asked if I could wait to meet with the director to interview me. Instantly got the job. However he wrote on the paper I would be a cashier. He didn't tell me I wouldn't get the position I had interviewed until i asked. Another flag. Then the pay offered was 9.85 which was fine because I had only asked for 10. And the position was PT when I ask for FT. Then I went to orientation. Find out about $25 union fee out of each check. $100 a month. And part time hrs average between 20-25 hrs a week. Not worth it. After that I declined the job.

I declined after getting details at orientation. Wasn't the right fit or pay for me.

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Large job fair style. Whole interview took maybe 5 minutes. Didn't look over resume - asked questions that were answered on the resume i.e. employment history, address, #, etc.

It was for a store that was too far from my residence

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in August 2014.

I applied online. I got called for a phone interview the next week. Then I was scheduled for an interview in person. I came for the interview like about 30 mins early walked around the store. I was told to wait at the cafe for about a while because they were busy. I waited for about half an hour or so. I got interview by three people. Some of the question I got asked were 'Why do you want to work here?', "What was your high school?', 'Did you do any extra curriculum activities?'. 'What are your strengths and weakness?'. After I was interview with the last person.. I remember him saying Welcome abroad.