Marianos Fresh Market

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.1

Level II Cake Decorator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in July 2014.

Got 2 interviews store director..got hired on the second one..orientation the next day.you have to be patient if they don't call email the person who sent you the interview and ask them if they can give you a follow up on your application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a bad experience you had with a customer?   View Answer
    I told them I had a lot of expierence and smiled :) that the key

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in July 2014.

Applied on line, numerous questions and took some time as I am not all that computer literate. Received an invitation for an in peeson interview. Got my second choice of dates for the interview. Interviewed by a very young person but she was pleasant and had a set format. Then made it to next round and was interviewed by store director and was offered a job,

Front End Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

Easy process, however, they make you wait for hours during the interview. It starts with a phone interview, then an interview with a service operations manager, and the last interview is with the store director. You'll get a job if you smile and say you have open availability. That's all it takes.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. They are basically just questions like "what do you think is good customer service?" and "Tell me about an experience where you received good customer service?"   Answer Question

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

After shopping at the market, I found that the place was hiring. There was a website I traveled to, and I was asked a great deal of questions as I applied. Most of them were behavioral and hypothetical (how often do you believe statement X is true). After spending close to an hour on that, I was contacted for a telephone interview and I had about a 30 minute conversation with one of the store managers. Similar questions, except that now they asked about salary. Then there was a two-part in-person interview (both parts done on the same day). Right after the second part, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I thought my salary should be and whether I should be full time or part time.   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in June 2014.

I walked into the Mariano's in Elmhurst and asked an employee if they were hiring. She introduced me to the hiring manager. He told me to fill out the computer application then call him after I did that. As I filled out the computer application, I started thinking about other locations more suitable to my commute. It turned out I walked into Palatine and met with hiring manager who set up an interview with me for the following day. That next day I found out a friend of mine's sister worked for the company and she put in a good word for me before my interview. I am forever grateful for having such a dear friend and for Mariano's for giving me the job opportunity of a lifetime!

Interview Questions
    • As crazy as this sounds, it wasn't a difficult question or unexpected question. I just remember sitting and waiting for what seemed like 15 minutes before a second person interviewed me.   Answer Question
    In all honesty, I had been on several job interviews before interviewing here with no luck. So, when I got hired right then and there on the spot, I wasn't even thinking about negotiating. I was in shock (in a good way!).

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in May 2014.

First they call to see if you're still interested in the job then they schedule you for a phone interview another day. Once you pass your phone interview, you have to come in for a in person interview. There are many other applicants waiting on the side to get called. The interview lasts around 20 minutes. After that, you'll need one last interview with an important manager. I waited like an extra hour until the manager actually called me to the interview room. Some people weren't patient to wait an hour or 2 to see the manager after his lunch break. They had to "come back" another day. I got hired as soon as we started talking. Patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • Have You ever been to a Mariano's? If so, where was it? How was it?

What if you couldn't get a task/project done on time? What would you do?

Answer Question

Deli/Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in May 2014.

Went to open interview. I was #23 in line to be interviewed. Talked with the girl who was interviewing me for about 30 minutes. Be nice, smile, and make them laugh, thats the key. Then she sent me to be interviewed with some type of area manager, he basically just talked to me about which positions were available and which i would be most comfortable working in. Told me to come in the next week and fill out my paperwork. Simple and easy. Well it was for me. No drug test, but they did infer that there just might be some random ones in the future, but they didnt say for sure.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if ive ever been to a marianos store   Answer Question
    • Asked about my past work experiences, asked to provide examples of good and bad experiences ive had with customers   Answer Question
    Not really, but they were nice enough to ask about how much i was looking to make.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Marianos Fresh Market.

I applied online than tried for weeks to connect with the Talent Coordinator. When I called the Wheaton, IL store, whoever answered the phone took my information and I never heard a thing. No one knew when this person would be in the store. Someone from HR called to say the TC would be calling me. I am still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Still trying to get connected with the Talent Coordinator.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

I was pushed through multiple interviews with corporate recruiters in a job fair-type environment, which struck me as a bit inefficient and more than a little odd considering the position at hand was an entry-level, minimum wage service gig in a grocery store.

The questions themselves were generic, uninteresting and pertained not a bit to the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer thought he knew my son, Larryl, from a former job I held, and proceeded down an odd line of questioning regarding parenting skills and how they would relate to my possible position in produce.

The interview did not actually know Larryl.

Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marianos Fresh Market in April 2014.

First an initial phone interview, very basic, practically read my resume to them. Really want you to visit a Marianos before your in person interview. Next week scheduled a 1:1 interview- interviewer seemed bored, but it was a job fair so he had a lot of people in before me. Many of the same questions as the phone interview, with a few more in depth questions about previous jobs. Next week was the second in person, looking for your job outlook, personality, what hours you are looking for, etc. Gave me the job on the spot but never officially said so. Just asked me to wait my turn to fill out paperwork and tax info, then handed me my acceptance letter and instructions on orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Best boss/worst boss. Really, not difficult questions. It was very generic.   Answer Question