Maricopa County, Arizona

Relevance Date Difficulty

Court Operations Specialist Interview

Court Operations Specialist

Interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona

Interview Details – tests for proficiency, typing and general knowledge. Interview is with a panel of managers. It is a little daunting, but they are very nice. The fact that you are sitting in front of 4 people is scary.

Interview Question – What is one thing that you would work on improving yourself at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation with the County.

Management Analyst Interview

Management Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona.

Interview Details – Questions were provided 10 minutes in advance, this was great as it allowed me to put my thought is order and provide answers with confidence. The Manager and team were amazing and very personable. They were amazing and I would love to work there.

Interview Question – Leadership Style example   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low

Anonymous Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a written test and three-person panel interview. It was comfortable but I believe unnecessarily long for the duties of the position. It was an excellent opportunity to get a feel for other colleagues in the department and to get an idea of what the work environment was like (It was actually rather unpleasant. I'd get depressed just driving to the location.)

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. They were very straight-forward and related directly to the nature of the work. I didn't get a sense that they were testing for "fit" with colleagues, just whether you had the required skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, there was absolutely no room for negotiation. The County literally would not budge or salary, additional benefits, time off. Nothing. I took the position because I had been laid off and needed to work but I left as soon as a better opportunity outside the County opened up.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Call Center Interview

Call Center

Interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona

Interview Details – Interview went smoothly answer all the questions and be honest and let them know that you are interest in the job don't be nerve look at the interviewer when answering questions

Interview Question – hgw would I rate my previous employer   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Appraiser

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona.

Interview Details – Panel interview with some of the managers, supervisors, chiefs.

Interview Question – Asked to describe the inner workings of the organization.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. If you apply here expect to make the lower scale of the amount they show, no matter what your experience.

Trainer Interview

Trainer

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona.

Interview Details – 1) Short two question phone interview. 2) Panel Group Interview 3) Ten minute presentation (modeling a self created lesson). Whole process took about five months.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time at work that you faced a challenging situation and what did you do to overcome it? How would you handle a difficult client in class?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona.

Interview Details – After application, was called back for interview almost 2 months later, interview process was a group panel.

Interview Question – Don't really remember, - possibly dealing with a difficult situation, how it was handled, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much for negotiations, after offer started work about 3 weeks later.

Civil Engineering Technician Interview

Civil Engineering Technician
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview invite was sent out by email. Panel interview of 3 people. Stoic 15 technical question/answer session. Straightforward panel like interview with really no personality "get to know you" spectrum (I was disappointed with that). The interviewers seemed disinterested, non-personal and it was all about the technical aspects. Perhaps that's the way most government interviews go but not the way I projected nor wanted it to be.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. They are always difficult.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, then an in person presentation to a panel.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Adult Learners and their Learning Styles   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have a formula they stick to.

Bailiff Interview

Bailiff

I applied in-person and interviewed at Maricopa County, Arizona.

Interview Details – The hiring is done directly by the judges so there is nothing specific here.
The HR paperwork is annoying as someone has to spend a whole day on it before the day they start getting paid.

Interview Question – It really has to do with understanding what the position does in this jurisdiction.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough pay.

Worked for Maricopa County, Arizona? Contribute to the Community!