Maricopa County Community College District Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District in August 2013.

Largely, this job was found for me by someone in my network. The need was great enough that the hiring process consisted of little more than proving my credentials (supplying them with a resume and transcripts) and discussing the job with the department chair.

Interview Questions
    • The qualification most needed for this job is the educational requirement. The departments require certain numbers of graduate credits in the area you are teaching in to even be considered.   Answer Question
    Pay and other compensation is not negotiable and since Adjunct Faculty are usually brought in to teach a specific course, the type of work is not negotiable, but the manner in which you teach the course is somewhat flexible.

Faculty Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District.

Very long, slow process. Online application does not work well. Plan ahead with lots of extra time.

Got other offer sooner.

Police Officer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District in January 2009.

Be prepared for common law enforcement related questions presented by a board of officers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions change with every board. Due to fairness, questions cannot be publicly posted.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Lengthy process, you must interview in front of a committee. Lack of training, lack of guidance, lack of feedback

Temporary Information Technology Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District in June 2012.

I was hired because of people I knew inside the district. The interview was 5 minutes and I started working that day. Upon leaving, I was confident that I would be able to return as a valued member.

I negotiated 9.5/hr

Student Enrollment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District in August 2010.

Series of situational questions

Programmer Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District in January 2010.

The interviews sound intimidating, but there aren't that bad. Each person will be assigned a question to ask you. You give your answer and the panel will then write notes about your answer. Usually not more than about 10 questions, they may have a couple follow-up, but they'll be related to clarification of your answer or something. Most interviews last about an hour. I had a couple, and I was done in 30-40mins.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a hostile co-worker?   View Answer
    Keep in mind that the salaries are available on the net, and they highest they can offer is a step 4. Anything other than that must go all the way up the ladder.

Small Business Consultant, Small Business Development Cetner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District in October 2011.

Confusion existed over what job was being offered. Group interview using structured questions with question per interviewer. Expectation was that person be available as needed but paid for only half time, no benefits.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a marketing program you developed and implemented   Answer Question
    • How would you be visible when you are only working 20 hours/week?   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

It is important to make sure your resume states the exact minimum qualifications sought for the job. The interviews are with panels depending upon the position up to 7 or 10 people and very rigid. A week after the first interview was a campus presentation with Q&A followed by an interview with the campus president.

Interview Questions
    • The open campus forum was hard. There were technical and style questions. However, you knew the person asking was desiring a certain answer. Best advise - be yourself.   Answer Question
    There was only a little room to negotiate based on years of experience and education. They have a formula they follow.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Contacted by the HR first, then the Department Chair of your field for onsite interview.

Salary is firm

Worked for Maricopa County Community College District? Contribute to the Community!