Marietta Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.3

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marietta.

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency. Interview was set up within the week of hearing about the job. Offer was extended the following day. The interview questions weren't too intense and I felt at ease the whole time. I met with both the corporate controller and the CFO and was finished with the whole process in about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cortland, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marietta (Cortland, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through Marietta website- was contacted by recruiter several weeks later for an initial interview. Was asked initial questions such as "why are you looking to leave your current job" and "what is your salary requirement?" Spoke with hiring manager on the phone a week after that, was brought onsite for personal interview shortly after. Had interviews with hiring manager, QA director and HR director and was given a thorough tour of the facility. Very friendly staff and management who were eager to answer any questions I had and explain anything that was needed. HR director gave very honest answers regarding culture, which came as a bit of a shock. Interviewed on a Friday, offer was extended on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Within your team, how do you deal with an individual who feels that the task assigned to them is "not their job" or will not listen to you because you are technically not their boss?   1 Answer

Was a bit put off by the culture and the environment (seemed to be a lot of bitter, disenchanted workers), and offer did not meet my minimum desired salary.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marietta.

Interview

Actually I moved up the ranks pretty easy from 2nd shift packer to Supervision thru re-applying for new job - don't realyl remember many interviews just my performance spoke for itself

Interview Questions

• How can we juggle getting the Contract goods out the door at the same time as Guest Amenity when both products use the same production lines most of the time.   Answer Question

Manager, Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marietta in September 2012.

Interview

Detailed review of company history, past and future goals and expectations with 4-5 current managers/executives. Toured plant and met office personnel and spoke candidly with team members about their thoughts and history of the company performance.

Interview Questions

• Expectations of company future and my direct contributions to its success   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marietta (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Meet several mgmt. with 1 on 1 interview

Production Worker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marietta in December 2009.

Interview

I applied for this position through an internal associate. The manager of the department contacted me to set up an interview. The staff was courteous and friendly. I was given a tour of the site and shown the job that I would be performing. I was called approximately two weeks later with an offer and I accepted the offer. The work culture was not as encouraging and inclusive as I would have expected. The opportunities for management positions were very limited. Overall this company had good benefits, pay, and bonus payouts.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • give an example of how you handled a difficult situation with a coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations for the starting pay for this positions. I would advise others to research the range of salaries for similar positions for leverage during the job negotiations.