Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton

Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton

Family Readiness Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton (Camp Pendleton, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. First was a panel of 5 Marines. I had to submit a timed typing sample and then do a 5 minute PowerPoint presentation that was provided to me 5 minutes before the presentation to the panel. The interview was a "performance based" interview, however the questions did not get too in depth. The second interview was only with the Commanding Officer, and it was a much more relaxed environment. More of a conversation. They were very quick in scheduling both interviews (they called me that same day to say I'd advanced to the next round). After the second interview the Commanding Officer called me a couple hours later to say they had selected me.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the questions weren't difficult. They just wanted to know what my experience was to assess how I could serve the families and adapt to the military environment. The most difficult thing was the shock of having to memorize and then present a presentation within 5 minutes in front of an intimidating panel (of what ended up being 5 very kind and friendly Marines). I was very prepared. That is my only advice: prepare for a "performance based interview" and you'll be great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start people at the top of the pay range automatically. Being a government agency, there is a pay scale based on the pay grade. No negotiating allowed.

Division Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton (Camp Pendleton, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

A very well scripted interview with all the usual tough questions.
    A lot of tell us about....strengths, weaknesses, goals, what would you do if...? typ questions

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton (Camp Pendleton, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

One interview. Basic interview questions. Why should we hire you, why do you want to work with MCCS, where do you see yourself going with this company.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay rate is pre-determined. There is a scale you can top out at say $12-$16 but you will start at $12 in that scenario.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton (Camp Pendleton, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Asked if I could count and handle money. Gave me the job.