Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton

Family Readiness Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton in March 2013.

Two interviews. First was a panel of 5 Marines. I had to submit a timed typing sample and then do a 5 minute PowerPoint presentation that was provided to me 5 minutes before the presentation to the panel. The interview was a "performance based" interview, however the questions did not get too in depth. The second interview was only with the Commanding Officer, and it was a much more relaxed environment. More of a conversation. They were very quick in scheduling both interviews (they called me that same day to say I'd advanced to the next round). After the second interview the Commanding Officer called me a couple hours later to say they had selected me.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the questions weren't difficult. They just wanted to know what my experience was to assess how I could serve the families and adapt to the military environment. The most difficult thing was the shock of having to memorize and then present a presentation within 5 minutes in front of an intimidating panel (of what ended up being 5 very kind and friendly Marines). I was very prepared. That is my only advice: prepare for a "performance based interview" and you'll be great.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They start people at the top of the pay range automatically. Being a government agency, there is a pay scale based on the pay grade. No negotiating allowed.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton in June 2008.

One interview. Basic interview questions. Why should we hire you, why do you want to work with MCCS, where do you see yourself going with this company.

No negotiation. Pay rate is pre-determined. There is a scale you can top out at say $12-$16 but you will start at $12 in that scenario.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton in May 2008.

Asked if I could count and handle money. Gave me the job.

Division Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton in May 2009.

A very well scripted interview with all the usual tough questions.
    A lot of tell us about....strengths, weaknesses, goals, what would you do if...? typ questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton? Contribute to the Community!