Marine Corps Community Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.8

Range Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Easy interview process. Applied, had interview the following week. Friend of mine worked for MCCS and referred me so I think that made a big difference. The only time consuming part was waiting on the background check and security clearance to come through so I could get a CAC card.

Reservation Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

I applied for the job through http://www.usmc-mccs.org/careers end of November 2013 but I did not hear from them until Mid-January 2014 for an interview then i did not hear from them until end of February and only started 2nd week of March 2014. The process was ridiculous and not healthy for company (i think). They interview was a panel of three, General Manager, Assistant Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor. What they are looking for is a personality.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer service experience have you delivered?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. pay grade is the same regardless of your years of experience.

Recreational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Quantico, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process is fast & simple. If you get the interview... chances are you got the job. With that being said, do not come to the interview totally unprepared. Look presentable and ready yo receive a job.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

Fill out the application online on their website. The hiring manager will call you for an interview. Human resource will call if selected and will give the job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Beaufort, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

I saw a job announcement on the website and I sent in my resume and application and within about 3 weeks I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview. I went in at 15 min before my interview time and the store manager was very easy to talk to. We jumped right ion to the interview.

Interview Questions

• There was really no difficult questions, I was asked questions like "What would you do if you there was an employee who disliked you?" or another example is "What do you think makes you the right choice for this job?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twentynine Palms, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Twentynine Palms, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Room with a 4 board panel. 3 of the four were fellow co-workers. 4th is an observer. The three member panel took turns asking questions allegedly related to the position. Some of the questions were in no way related to the position.

Lead Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy, there was no questions that were out of the ordinary. I was just asked to sit down, was asked several questions regarding my skills and work history. I was asked when I would be available to work and why I want to work there. Getting the phone call back from HR was probably the hardest part.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Quantico, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Know what you are applying for. Know the policy and be able to substantiate what you say bu referencing the appropriate policy.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were asked to do something by a superior that might have had legal ramifications and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Family Readiness Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okinawa (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Okinawa (Japan)) in June 2009.

Interview

Received a call from HR to schedule interview. Prior to interview you will have to provide a 15 min writing sample on the fly (mine was on short and long term goals). The idea is to test your writing not necessary your skills. You will also be given a presentation topic for the interview. You will need to research and make a PP presentation. They are checking for your speaking ability, as well as your research skills. The panel interview would be with the actual Commanding Officer and other military members you will be working with. Each interview will be different b/c it depends on the CO's environment and how he/she goes forth. Do research into policies and MCO's for your presentation. Reference MCO 1754.9

Interview Questions

• Examples of volunteer experience and how would you recruit volunteers.   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best qualified? What is an IA?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation. A flat salary for everyone starting out. Okinawa is a take it or leave it place. There are 50 other people that would want that job if you don't.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in March 2009.

Interview

The interview was very structured. You had to type a 5 miniute paragraph about what your future plans are and then you had to give a 5 minute Power Point presentation on the services of the base. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes total. I was offered the job the same day. However if you are not selected you will receive a letter in the mail within 7-10 business days.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to confront your boss about a problem you had with him or her.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question