Marine Corps Community Services

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marine Corps Community Services

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaufort, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in July 2014.

I saw a job announcement on the website and I sent in my resume and application and within about 3 weeks I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview. I went in at 15 min before my interview time and the store manager was very easy to talk to. We jumped right ion to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no difficult questions, I was asked questions like "What would you do if you there was an employee who disliked you?" or another example is "What do you think makes you the right choice for this job?"   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quantico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in March 2012.

Know what you are applying for. Know the policy and be able to substantiate what you say bu referencing the appropriate policy.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were asked to do something by a superior that might have had legal ramifications and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Family Readiness Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Okinawa (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okinawa (Japan)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in June 2009.

Received a call from HR to schedule interview. Prior to interview you will have to provide a 15 min writing sample on the fly (mine was on short and long term goals). The idea is to test your writing not necessary your skills. You will also be given a presentation topic for the interview. You will need to research and make a PP presentation. They are checking for your speaking ability, as well as your research skills. The panel interview would be with the actual Commanding Officer and other military members you will be working with. Each interview will be different b/c it depends on the CO's environment and how he/she goes forth.

Do research into policies and MCO's for your presentation. Reference MCO 1754.9

Interview Questions
    • Examples of volunteer experience and how would you recruit volunteers.   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best qualified? What is an IA?   Answer Question
    No negation. A flat salary for everyone starting out. Okinawa is a take it or leave it place. There are 50 other people that would want that job if you don't.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in March 2009.

The interview was very structured. You had to type a 5 miniute paragraph about what your future plans are and then you had to give a 5 minute Power Point presentation on the services of the base. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes total. I was offered the job the same day. However if you are not selected you will receive a letter in the mail within 7-10 business days.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to confront your boss about a problem you had with him or her.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in February 2009.

Fantastic sense of service to our military personnel, once you are "in" you can transfer to several marine bases around the world. Interview consisted mostly of my past experiences and what I thought I could bring to the table. Pay is not commenserate with the amount of responsibility but job security is very good.

Interview Questions

Worked for Marine Corps Community Services? Contribute to the Community!