1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marine Credit Union in November 2010.

Was first contacted by a Human Resources Specialist. Phone interview lasted approximately 1 hour where we walked through my resume, business situations and some general questions. Was sent a Skills Test, Personality Test and Management Survey over the following couple of days. Following week I was interviewed by the senior human resource manager. Phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and included discussing aspects of my experience. Interviewer was very nice and setup an interview with the CEO later in the week. Interviewed via phone by the CEO who was very professional and pleasant. Interview included questions about work experience and information about Marine Credit's future plans. Although I felt the interview process went well, I was no selected for the position. I was already quite torn on the position and location so there are absolutely no hard feelings.

Marine Credit Union seems to have been extremely impacted by the economic downturn and subsequent high unemployment. BankRate.com has them rated at 2 stars "Below Peer Group" with asset quality being the biggest concern. This appears to have turned the credit union into a very risk adverse environment with the current business plan showing no growth in the next 12 to 24 months. This may work in the very short term, but I believe the credit union will need to rethink their business plan if they intend to survive going forward. Just taking a quick view, I can see some major member services gaps between Marine and its other competitors. The reported numbers by bankrate.com for the first half of 2010 show the credit union is continuing to lose ground. I suspect 2011 will be a critical year for Marine. I wish them the best of luck.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you have handled a difficult employee situation.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about you.. who are you and how did you get where you are today. I actually liked this question.   Answer Question

Worked for Marine Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!