MarineMax

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at MarineMax

Sales Interview

Took two interviews, which were pretty straight forward and relaxed. Answered some general questions about my previous sales experience and industry knowledge. The entire interview process took about two weeks. Was given the caliber test to determine how I would fit in the organization. All-in-all it was an easy interview.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MarineMax.

Had a couple of interviews with questions regarding my knowledge of IT Help Desk. Took a caliber test to see if you would fit into the company (usually happens if they are generally interested in hiring you). Pretty relaxed interview process.

Marine Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarineMax in August 2011.

I meet the service manager with my experience history and reference. We discussed the job requirements and rate of pay. I had to wait for a background check and drug test. The process took around two weeks. I watched videos about the companies procedures, goals and resources.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you don't under sale yourself.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MarineMax in May 2010.

Initial interview was on campus. Second interview was conducted by a regional recruiter who also requested I take a "Caliper Profile" written personality test. The third interview was completed by the regional president, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The managers like answers that show your competitive spirit.   Answer Question
    I took the first offer. This role is largely commission based and you can easily earn over $100K.

Yard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at MarineMax in September 2009.

when can you start

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarineMax in November 2008.

Initial consultation with Manager over the phone. Invited to come to the store and talk for about an hour. Invited a second time and spent 2 hours talking, went to lunch and took a caliber test. Offered job a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The caliper test was challenging. No difficult questions to answer, just some specific questions about why I wanted to work there, what my situation is, etc.   Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation.