Marinello Schools of Beauty

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.4

Cosmetology Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty.

I submitted a resume online through he corporate site. It took a month or more to get a call for an interview. I came in for an interview & met w/the director & head instructor. Following week came back in for 2nd technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic skills questions. Asked to teach a class/demo for 2nd interview   Answer Question
    I went trough the entire interview process, (an interview & a class teaching/demo). After I was offered the position, contingent on my paperwork & background check being sent off to corporate. I called twice to follow up, with no return call. I also sent an email, with no response. Super disappointed in the lack of communication as i was really excited about this job :(

Service Support Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty.

Always had an interest in the beauty industry. The interview process back in 2008 was efficient and informative. Company shared their vision and discussed how I could add value.

Interview Questions
    I countered and was successful.

Instructor Interview

I met with the lead instructor then with the School Director. I was then called in and offered a position as a part time instructor. The entire process took approximately one week from first interview until my first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions. My interview was very fair and pleasant.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty.

very quick and to the point

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty.

Came in for an interview. The director was impressed that I had a resume, portfolio and was dressed in a shirt and tie. Asked me pretty basic questions about my experience. Asked me to come back in and give a demo of something to the students.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me if I would be able to put my stylist side aside and be a teacher. I didn't really know what she meant but now I see they would prefer robots that follow a curriculum to a t and don't add anything. Just keep the 'kids' busy.   Answer Question
    Non existent. I was offered the job as a sub with a low ball number but that's what I really had a passion to do so I was happy to get my foot in the door.

Career Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty in January 2013.

Interviewed with School Director and with Regional Career Services

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty in October 2012.

submitted resume to HR. Phone screen interview. Next interview with regional manager face to face

Interview Questions
    • all questions are standard "experience and qualifications" type   Answer Question
    There is no negotiatiing

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty in April 2009.

Was a good process. Interviewed with three leaders in a casual setting. Very much enjoyed the process. They took detailed reference checks.

Their offer was fair.

Admissions Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty in August 2009.

The interview process was ridiculous because I had to meet with the Manager twice and it was more of a conversation than an interview. Then I had to meet the school director, finance rep and other admissions rep.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly it was a conversation about experience but no specific questions were made.   Answer Question