Marist College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.0

Tutor Interview

Interview

Discussed experience and job responsibilities. The process was very simply and conversational. The interview was informal and mostly consisted of a nice conversation with the supervisor about experience and interests.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student bad-mouthing a professor?   Answer Question

Student IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marist College.

Interview

Applied at the annual career fair my Freshman semester. Handed my resume, was asked a few questions on the spot about my interests and such. Got a phone call to come in the next day. Was sat down and asked a bunch of standard support procedure questions such as troubleshooting network printers and how I would address a faculty or student on the phone or in an email.

Interview Questions

• If a customer were to call and explain their printer wasn't working, what's the first step you would ask them to diagnose? If that fails, what would be next step? And if that fails, what would be the next step? Ect. ect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marist College Help Desk Operator (Level II) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

Professional telephone interview with experienced Marist College Help Desk supervisor. Very basic questions on your high school performance and where you are coming from. Available during the summer? What is your major? Do you have interest in working with computers/IT.

Negotiation

None - Work study wage.

Student Technician Interview

Interview

emailed, went to interview, emailed back with result

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

One interview, then an extremely brusque job offer.

Negotiation

These guys work on short notice, so you have room to negotiate, as they're under pressure. I was able to negotiate out of a bad adjunct offer and into a visiting position. When I hesitated at the offer, they added another thousand to the salary.

1000000 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

its very good they ask you questions and you answer themits very good they ask you questions and you answer its very good they ask you questions and you answer its very good they ask you questions and you answer its very good they ask you questions and you answer its very good they ask you questions and you answer its very good they ask you questions and you answer them

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Interview was extremely brief in duration my the standards of most academic interviews lasting only a few hours. Met with Dean and faculty members, had lunch in presentation room, gave a research presentation, had a debriefing, brief campus tour, and that was it. In retrospect, it was rather strange since there were no opportunities to meet and speak with students, and no teaching presentation. Lunch was catered by the college and served buffet style in the room in which the presentation was to be given. Faculty members were somewhat obnoxious during the presentation -- frequent interruptions; one faculty member fell asleep during the presentation so soundly that you could hear snoring from the back of the room. Pretty low budget compared to most institutions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Be wary since many promises were made that were not kept. Standards for tenure and promotion are have changed so that there is an expectation of publications in A-level journals that is not being honestly communicated during the interview process. There is latitude to offer a lower teaching load that what the administration will tell you is standard, however, there is no consistency across the schools in who they are willing to offer this to. I needed to take the position for family reasons, but would not have taken it based on my interview experience, which was pretty miserable.