Maritz Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maritz.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Process took less than a week. Interview was extremely basic. I was hoping for a lot of technical questions but the senior engineer only asked me about NAT, what is spanning tree and then only one or two other questions and said that he was done. He was more interested in knowing if I had done those on the job rather than testing my knowledge of a given topic. Maritz also required a credit check before they even consider you for an interview. Overall it was a disappointing experience. I have interviewed with much more pleasant people.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Maritz (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Highly unprofessional, too many back and forth conversation for a simple thing, HR is not equipped with all the information from the hiring managers and will call 10 times to finally say "interview canceled". Not a good experience

Project Coordinator/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Maritz (Bloomington, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with three managers in one day. Managers all had different interviewing styles, the first was very structured. The second manager came in trying to get a feel of my personality and judged if I'd be a good fit or not. The third manager finally came in and it was very unstructured to say the least, having already been questioned for the past two and a half hours she just wanted me to explain why and what I thought of the position and asked if I had more questions for her to answer. The interview process lasted about 3.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name three different adjectives that your team mates would describe you by?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maritz (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied and received a call to set up an interview a few weeks later. Went in for the interview a week after that. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

I was offered a position closer to home.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Maritz (Fenton, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Friendly, calm, comfortable. Din't feel rushed or threatened. Very welcoming and open environment. The process took about a week because of scheduling. I was interviews twice by different people and received an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Travel Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Maritz (Fenton, MO).

Interview

Applied in January, phone interview about a month later with HR to see if I fit the minimum requirements, then had an in-person interview a month after that. 2 people interviewed me, very welcoming and friendly. Lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to work with a difficult co-worker, and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maritz in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and I appreciated that considering it was a full-time paid internship during college. The questions asked were relevant to the job and the interviewer was very respectful of time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't too many questions out of the ordinary asked, though I was asked about some skill proficiency that I had listed on my resume. Which, to me, was a good thing because it showed they cared enough to ask and hopefully would do the same with others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me up front what the pay rate was so I knew what I was getting into (it was better than any I'd heard). There wasn't really any negotiation process.

SFE Facilitator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maritz in May 2011.

Interview

I was given a mock dealer situation, I was required to prepare a presentation. Then when I got there they said one person was not available, then the two others in the mock situation started disagreeing and arguing. This was to see how I handle myself under stress and how I roll with what could be a typical dealer situation. They were trying to gauge my disappointment over not being able to present my presentation and how I would handle that.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was never used, my hard work was never seen. It was disappointing but I understand the overall objective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation.

Travel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Maritz (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online and also had an employee referral. Got a call to set up a phone interview and then the next day and had a 10 minute phone interview with HR person who only asked one question and then was called back a few weeks later for an face to face interview. Was interviewed by two ladies and all questions were behavioral based. Interview lasted about an hour.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maritz (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Very casual; met with about 5 people, all very conversational. Allowed me to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you tried hard at something and ultimately failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get a 5,000 signing bonus. I would push harder next time.