Mark's Work Wearhouse

www.marks.com

Mark's Work Wearhouse Interview Questions

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse.

Basic one on one interview process

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Marks Work Wearhouse?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in March 2012.

I went through 4 different interviews with Mark's spanning almost 6 weeks, and then they decided at the last minute that I didn't have enough experience. I don't understand, would you not recognize on the first, maybe the second interview that I didn't have enough experience. I'm not sure what is going on with Mark's; they're looking for that needle in a haystack, and I'm not sure they'll find it.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been wrongfully accused of something at work and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in August 2011.

Applied through Craigslist
    Went for interview in the old store - they were moving
    Second interview held in Starbucks with Store manager and DM as store unfinished
    Third interview with 2nd store manager, DM and AVP
    Heard nothing for 2 weeks - emailed first store manager I interviewed with to find out what I did wrong.
    Apologized they forgot to call me and asked when I could start
    Started one week later

Interview Questions
    • Why am I leaving my old job of 13 years in the same field and what do I think I will find in Marks that was not in my current job?   Answer Question
    No negotiations - was given an offer letter with the details and asked to sign

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in July 2011.

Easy going and laid back.

CSA (Sales Associate/Customer Service) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in May 2011.

I only had one interview in a messy back-room where I was surrounded by boxes and merchandise. The interview questions were fairly easy, but were asked repeatedly so as to make sure you aren't lying.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer asking if the outfit "made them look fat"?   View Answer
    N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in July 2010.

I felt I was hired before my first interview, apparently an open position was available the day I dropped off my resume, the staff working at the time seemed to take a liking to me and asked me to return the next day when the manager would be in.
    The following day the manager was expecting me, we had a short discussion of my retail history and I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most satisfying or memorable experience from working with the public.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in January 2010.

Was in an different department and was recommended for a position in the Finance Dept. Started training for the new position and was offered a position in the Finance Dept. 5 months later.

Interview Questions
    Offer of employment specified salary - no negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mark's Work Wearhouse in November 2009.

I was called and asked if I had time to do an over the phone interview. I was asked why I applied to Marks,my availability, and my pervious work expierience. I was then asked to come in for an one on one interview at the store the following day with the manager. It was very relaxed and pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you've done at your workplace that you later regreted?   Answer Question