MarkMonitor

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.1

Brand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarkMonitor in August 2014.

The first interview was a fairly standard meet and greet where they get a feel for you as a person rather than how your skills will benefit the company. If you do well they will send you home with a data set and ask you to do a one page analysis using charts, graphs, etc. Based on feedback from current MarkMonitor employees at the time, I did exceptional on my interview and analysis but was denied the job because one of the hiring managers made her mind up about me before entering the interview. They also do not tell you until the first interview is over that they plan on simply adding people to their hiring pool rather than offering any immediate employment.

Interview Questions
    • In order to properly analyze the data set you must be proficient with data tables in Excel   Answer Question

White Box QA & Operations Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at MarkMonitor in April 2014.

Recruiter setup this phone coding interview. The actual interview is about java concepts and one coding question.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MarkMonitor in January 2014.

This company has no courtesy to acknowledge receipt of applications. They are constantly putting out jobs for applicants yet its rather obvious they have no interest in hiring outside of whomever they have already chosen. Its rather rude to waste peoples time especially if they meet your basic requirements. I hope clients do the same to you.

Interview Questions
    • None because they have no courtesy to even tell you they have filled the position. Quite arrogant.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MarkMonitor in April 2013.

After I applied on Linkedin, I was contacted by HR. The HR person asked standard questions: what I knew about their company and how my background fits with the job. Previously I had applied at this company and had very unpleasant experience as they first scheduled a phone screening and then canceled it few minutes later. I should have listened to my gut feelings and saved time from going through the interview process. First the hiring manager phone-screened me by giving me a technical test on data analysis. I did well on that test and was invited for the in-person interview. The interviewers seemed like they themselves didn't agree on what skills they were looking for in the candidate. One interviewer in particular was distant, un-involved and appeared to have made up his mind even before the interview. That interviewer from the engineering department, didn't even ask job related questions and seemed judgmental just based on my country of origin(which was apparently the same as his and may be that was the reason ironically). He said he was done with the interview questions in less than 5 minutes. He said "He was being honest that the job invlolved statistical modeling". He said the job was not an engineering job, which I knew but then why was he interviewing the candidates in the first place? I asked other two interviewers whether job involved statistical modeling and they answered in the negative. If the job really involved statistical skills at technical level then why did they not test me before inviting me for the interview and wasting everyone's time? I had to take a day off and travel a bit in order to attend the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what are the top three positive and negative things your past managers would say about you   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MarkMonitor.

HR and the recruiters are great. It's really important you talk to friends at the company about the hiring manager if you can. Most of the leadership and middle management are great, but there are a few bad apples. Check LinkedIn for how long the last person in the position lasted. Talk to them if you can. Odds are good you'll land with a good group. It's a great place overall.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty thorough, but I don't remember any tough questions.   Answer Question
    In my case, they started low, but most of the salaries on GlassDoor are pretty accurate, so we got the offer up to where it should be.

Brand Protection Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MarkMonitor in April 2012.

First question the HR person asked was what did I know about the company and their business. I gave the "in a nutshell" answer and she proceeded to give me a more in depth explanation. The 2nd question was the standard "Tell me about yourself" question.. I proceeded to state my background and how I thought it would fit into the business and afterwards she said she wanted to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. Two days later I received an email from the same person saying I wasn't selected for an interview. I thought it was unprofessional to give a potential candidate the idea that they had a shot at an interview and then tell them they don't. She shouldn't have committed to bringing me in for an interview if she didn't have the authority to do so. The HR person also asked what my previous salary was. I probably shot myself in the foot when I answered truthfully. They came back and indicated that the starting salary for this position was between $35K and $40K and they don't start above $40K.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about MarkMonitor and our business?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and how you think your skills would benefit MarkMonitor?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MarkMonitor in November 2011.

Initial phone screening, followed by two in person interviews; first with business users, then with engineering staff.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a personality clash?   View Answer
    • Explain the difference between an inner join and outer join.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate some for the salary since the position was a single mostly self-managed position.

Brand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MarkMonitor in September 2011.

Submitted resume. Phone interview. Online test (pointless). Two in person interviews, first with HR, then with management and potential teammates.

Brand Protection Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a dayinterviewed at MarkMonitor in February 2011.

The phone screening consisted of 1st question: What do you think this job is ? My reply: I can guess or read you the job description but it might be easier if you just tell me what the job entails. The in-person interview was a surprise panel of three. Very withdrawn interviewers, no questions prepared, they were very self-conscious so it's unbelievable difficult to create any constructive interaction. Their first question in the interview: What do you think this job is ? Second question: What experience do you have that applies to this job ? Well I couldn't get a clear description of the job so I simply went over my work history.

It was one of the most amateurish interviews I've ever been on in many years of work experience in IT.

Data Warehouse Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MarkMonitor in January 2010.

It was a phone interview. Interviewer asked about my experience etc. Interviewer asked about Micro Soft SQL server and Microsoft Analysis Services related questions. I had no experience with MS service tools, so could not answer some of the questions. No other questions asked eventhough there are other skills required.