Markel Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriting Technician Interview

Underwriting Technician
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Markel Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called a the next day to set up an in person interview. Got to the interview and waited 30 minutes for the interviewer to come to handle the interview. Gave the excuse that she could not get off the phone. There was a sheet of questions that the interviewer had but the interview was very informal and she didn't ask me any of the questions on the sheet until the end. The job was described to me and I got the feeling that it was a high pressure/stress job for little pay and that I may not want to take the job. The only thing that made me upset was that I was not contacted to say that I had not gotten them job. No follow up email/ call nothing. I understand that companies don't always respond that way to applicants but they usually do if you interview. I got nothing and I think that was really tacky.

Interview Question – no difficult question/ they do ask some situational questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Finance/Accounting Intern Interview

Finance/Accounting Intern
Red Bank, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Markel Insurance in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent - the HR office was exacting and friendly. All expectations were clearly outlined and the process had a smooth flow throughout. E-mails and staff were timely and succinct. Arrive early for the interview process as paperwork is handled at the front desk initially - which took a lot longer than expected (about 15 minutes should suffice, however).

Interview Question – (If local) What high school did you attend?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some room for negotiation of hourly rates for interns.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Markel Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Markel Insurance interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Markel Insurance employees and interview candidates.