Markel Insurance

Interviews for Top Jobs at Markel Insurance

Underwriting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Markel Insurance in May 2014.

I applied online and was called a the next day to set up an in person interview. Got to the interview and waited 30 minutes for the interviewer to come to handle the interview. Gave the excuse that she could not get off the phone. There was a sheet of questions that the interviewer had but the interview was very informal and she didn't ask me any of the questions on the sheet until the end. The job was described to me and I got the feeling that it was a high pressure/stress job for little pay and that I may not want to take the job. The only thing that made me upset was that I was not contacted to say that I had not gotten them job. No follow up email/ call nothing. I understand that companies don't always respond that way to applicants but they usually do if you interview. I got nothing and I think that was really tacky.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question/ they do ask some situational questions   Answer Question

Underwriter Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Markel Insurance in March 2010.

The hiring process seems to take a while. From interview to actually getting on the job I have seen it take a month. With the company buy out, the interview process seems to take much longer for new people coming in. Between local HR and corporate HR, the back and forth just seems to be much more than one would expect.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly did not have a complicated interview nor difficult question.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Markel Insurance in June 2009.

The interview process was excellent - the HR office was exacting and friendly. All expectations were clearly outlined and the process had a smooth flow throughout. E-mails and staff were timely and succinct. Arrive early for the interview process as paperwork is handled at the front desk initially - which took a lot longer than expected (about 15 minutes should suffice, however).

Interview Questions
    Some room for negotiation of hourly rates for interns.