Markem Imaje

2.8

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markem Imaje.

Contacted by HR, discussed current job status, school status, discussed type of work that would be done, and living arrangements

Contacted by hiring manager discussed what goals were and location and company.

Contacted by HR and Manager in joint call call. Offered job. Accepted job.

Then went through background check, drug test, and other forms required by the company.

Paid Internship, free housing and free rides from co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail a circuit design that gave you the most problems   Answer Question
    none

Web Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Markem Imaje.

I went to a job fair at my college, introduced myself to the representatives for Markem Imaje's booth, and I handed them my resume. It wasn't until 3 months later that I received a call stating that a Web Developer co-op position was available. I decided to give it a shot and have an interview scheduled.

During the interview process, I was dressed up in proper interview attire while the interviewers wore casual clothes. The building was very hot and there was no air condition in the board room. The questions that were asked pertained to what I have learned in my college courses. They allowed me to draw out diagrams on their white board as they wrote side notes on their copies of my resume. I was then allowed to ask them questions about the position.

A quick tour was given, then I sat down with the program manager to discuss what needs to be done, how long this position will last, how much the salary is, and if I am able to do this job or not. Considering how the tasks mentioned were relevant to what I have learned in college, I said that I was interested. I was told that there was no competition because of the late notice of this position, everyone else that was called found a job elsewhere. I was then allowed to ask questions, and finally the program manager walked me out and wished me luck.

It wasn't long until I received an e-mail stating that their team felt that they needed more experience for the project. I followed up with a thank you e-mail and that was that.

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Markem Imaje in April 2012.

I lived in the area, so drove over to their facility. Conducted the interview with four of their managers. Very straight forward. No surprise questions, helpful that I did a little homework beforehand on the company. I didn't get the offer because one of the other candidates had been in the same job at one of their competitors. Where I had no industry experience but was qualified for the position. Overall it was an easy interview, low stress.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly they wanted to know how comfortable I was with travel, because most of their jobs do travel a lot. Then they also wanted to know about my work history and how it related to the position.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Markem Imaje in March 2012.

The interview will depend upon position to position. My was 4 hours first round after that Hr round. It will take at least 30 days to get yes or no on the jobs hiring.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is bit hard. If this your first job than that is okay but if you are switching from current job then think twice if really want to leave your job.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Markem Imaje in September 2013.

I was interviewed 5 times!
    For a moment I thought I am being interviewed for a 'President & CEO's position'!!

The communication has been very weak & poor.
    Looks like HR and the hiring managers as well have no clue on the developments within the company!

2 weeks after the final (5th) meeting with technical Manager, I was informed the company is going thru restructuring. A cruel JOKE!!!
    Didn't the Tech manager or HR knew about this or it's coming?

It was a complete waste of time and energy with this company, especially when you are on a frantic job hunt.

Technical Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markem Imaje in October 2009.

Interviewed by current tech manager, asked about technical degree (no college degree), asked about ability to handle increased responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • why are you the best person for this job   View Answer