Markem Imaje

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Markem Imaje.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair at my college, introduced myself to the representatives for Markem Imaje's booth, and I handed them my resume. It wasn't until 3 months later that I received a call stating that a Web Developer co-op position was available. I decided to give it a shot and have an interview scheduled.

During the interview process, I was dressed up in proper interview attire while the interviewers wore casual clothes. The building was very hot and there was no air condition in the board room. The questions that were asked pertained to what I have learned in my college courses. They allowed me to draw out diagrams on their white board as they wrote side notes on their copies of my resume. I was then allowed to ask them questions about the position.

A quick tour was given, then I sat down with the program manager to discuss what needs to be done, how long this position will last, how much the salary is, and if I am able to do this job or not. Considering how the tasks mentioned were relevant to what I have learned in college, I said that I was interested. I was told that there was no competition because of the late notice of this position, everyone else that was called found a job elsewhere. I was then allowed to ask questions, and finally the program manager walked me out and wished me luck.

It wasn't long until I received an e-mail stating that their team felt that they needed more experience for the project. I followed up with a thank you e-mail and that was that.

Interview Question – What did you do in (college course)?   Answer Question

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Product Applications Engineer
Kennesaw, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Markem Imaje in April 2012.

Interview Details – I lived in the area, so drove over to their facility. Conducted the interview with four of their managers. Very straight forward. No surprise questions, helpful that I did a little homework beforehand on the company. I didn't get the offer because one of the other candidates had been in the same job at one of their competitors. Where I had no industry experience but was qualified for the position. Overall it was an easy interview, low stress.

Interview Question – Mostly they wanted to know how comfortable I was with travel, because most of their jobs do travel a lot. Then they also wanted to know about my work history and how it related to the position.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Markem Imaje in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed 5 times!
For a moment I thought I am being interviewed for a 'President & CEO's position'!!

The communication has been very weak & poor.
Looks like HR and the hiring managers as well have no clue on the developments within the company!

2 weeks after the final (5th) meeting with technical Manager, I was informed the company is going thru restructuring. A cruel JOKE!!!
Didn't the Tech manager or HR knew about this or it's coming?

It was a complete waste of time and energy with this company, especially when you are on a frantic job hunt.

Interview Question – Nothing special in the interview.   View Answer

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Markem Imaje in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by current tech manager, asked about technical degree (no college degree), asked about ability to handle increased responsibility.

Interview Question – why are you the best person for this job   View Answer

Worked for Markem Imaje? Contribute to the Community!