Market America

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

NonManagement Interview

NonManagement

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Market America.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person with manager, job offer by phone from HR. The people in the office that I met during/after the interview didn't say anything negative about the company, but they gave hints about the difficult work environment. Everyone looked depressed, worn down, and not at all happy to be there. I quickly found out why.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask many questions, just told me about the job and that it would be a "challenging" environment with a "high noise level." They weren't joking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me the $$ I requested, but beware, when you start they try to give you just ONE week of PTO, including sick, vacation, and personal days. That's five days for sick, vacation, AND personal days for an entire year.

Release Manager Interview

Release Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Market America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Reid Nifong was/is very helpful and very personable. The others I interviewed with didn't seem to have an idea of what they wanted to do or how to do it. There is no clear direction at this company.

Interview Question – What Release Management process would you use   View Answer

Back End Programmer Interview

Back End Programmer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through other source - interviewed at Market America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Most unusual interview, I've ever had. The interview was interrupted many times while the interviewing manager handled phone calls and employees who just walked in the open door. I was asked very few questions, and most of them about personal interests and hobbies. Hardly any questions about work experience or eduction. I was surprised when I got the job offered to me, as the manager had hardly seemed to care. Found out later the manager was far more astute that what they appeared.

Interview Question – I was asked if I like whales.   View Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Market America in April 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was in early April on the phone with my direct manager. Next, sometime in May, I was interviewed in person with my direct manager and on the phone with the SVP of the company.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really negotiation (because I didn't know better). I was called and told I was being offered the position and was sent a letter with the details of my offer. I signed the letter and gave it to HR on the day I submit my paperwork.

Administration Interview

Administration
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Market America in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very fast. Immediate turnaround from resume to telephone screen to in person interview.

Interview Question – What's your biggest failure and how did you avoid making a similar mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Professionally handled. Offer from HR, some back and forth, agreement

Product Management Intern Interview

Product Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Market America.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty easy. There was only one interview and it was in person with the eventual intern manager/supervisor, who was a pretty cool guy. The interview itself was very informal. They asked the normal questions and went over my resume just asking me to expound on each item. They were especially interested in writing skills pertaining to social media.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are more social media savvy than the next college student?   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Content Specialist
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market America in October 2011.

Interview Details – LuckiIy, had a friend who worked at my company, and I sent her my resume. She sent it to my now-boss and the HR manager. Within a week, I had a very general phone interview discussing my skill set, that went well. They called me in for a 1:1 interview to assess my personality and gave me a marketing project. Our department always sends a project home with interview candidates to test their skill, innovation, how much research they've done on Market America, and to see in real time what kind of work ethic you have. The more urgently you send in your project, the better.

I submitted that to my interviewer, and they called me back for a second interview with the Director. The HR manager called the next day to negotiate salary.

Interview Question – With exceptions to the stability and growth opportunities, why do you want a job at Market America?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We agreed on a salary, and they sent the offer letter. A second HR representative sent me my paperwork, background check information, and drug test instructions. I submitted those, and started work the following Monday.

My advice would be to aim high- Market America does not give raises during the year until your annual review, and this only amounts to 3%. Force them to accept your request or make a competitive counter-offer. You will not get another chance.

Unfranchise Owner Interview

Unfranchise Owner
Green Bay, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Market America in February 2009.

Interview Details – A fellow business owner takes time from his own day, and sits down with you, where ever you find most convenient. He allows you to watch the entire business plan, listens to your questions and concerns, and answer them in a professional and informative manner. Should you decide to begin your financial futue, he takes you under his wing, and continually coaches you until you are more than successful. Your coach, as well s the rest of the MA team remain at your side to assist in meetings, presentations, sales, or just to answer questions. Even the occasional get together for a barbeque or what not.

Interview Question – None were difficult. Simple, cut and dry, no pressure, and very charismatic. This is how I choose to hold my meetings and interviews as well, for those interested in beginning what could be the best career they could have ever imagined.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process. It's an interesting and very informative lesson, in which one gets to learn a great deal about internet marketing, and how is grows in today's economy every year. Never had a down year since 1992

Entrenepeur Interview

Entrenepeur

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Market America in December 2010.

Interview Details – Met the team at Market America. Attended the local business meetings and the company overview. Learned the business plan and the products. Studied the company in depth to see if it was a good fit for me. I also studied the nutraceutical line that is research based and it is awesome. I met business owners that are happy and successful in this business and joined.

Interview Questions

Shop Consultant Interview

Shop Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Market America in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was shown the business plan. Asked if I was coachable. Shown how to use the computer system.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Be serious about wanting to improve your financial situation. Don't plan to sit on the sideline and hope.

Worked for Market America? Contribute to the Community!