Market America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Coldfusion Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

I interviewed back they were just starting their big hiring phase. Back then, they had a couple great people in management and were focused on getting in people they could shape. Now, they try to give hard interviews because they think there's a lot of worthless developers they are stuck with, completely unrealizing that all of their problems with some developers is their own fault caused by extremely low morale and extreme limitation of everyone's potential, in some cases awesome potential and ability... Do not take a job here. They are completely underserving of awesome talent they seek. They are underserving of even mediocre talent. Take the developer's reviews to heart. They are not lying.

ColdFusion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

When I interviewed with Market America, I was placed into a meeting room with the architecture team and the potential manager that I would be working for. I was asked a series of logical/IT questions; and a series of questions about my previous work experience and employers. After leaving the interview, I was unsure of where i stood with the position. But later (after they had interviewed other candidates) I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• You have two buckets. One holds exactly five gallons and the other three gallons. How can you measure exactly four gallons of water into the five gallon bucket? Assume you have an unlimited supply of water and that there are no measurement markings of any kind on the buckets.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

HR asked my project management experience at the beginning before I was able to introduce myself. She told me she will have manager to decide if to contect me further. However, there is no feedback at all.......... I think feedback is just a simple mail you can sent out to show respect...

NonManagement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person with manager, job offer by phone from HR. The people in the office that I met during/after the interview didn't say anything negative about the company, but they gave hints about the difficult work environment. Everyone looked depressed, worn down, and not at all happy to be there. I quickly found out why.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask many questions, just told me about the job and that it would be a "challenging" environment with a "high noise level." They weren't joking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the $$ I requested, but beware, when you start they try to give you just ONE week of PTO, including sick, vacation, and personal days. That's five days for sick, vacation, AND personal days for an entire year.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with one person who was sloppy in appearance, rushed and didn't seem to be very interested. Was shocked I got the job. When I started 2 weeks later, she had been fired.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Reid Nifong was/is very helpful and very personable. The others I interviewed with didn't seem to have an idea of what they wanted to do or how to do it. There is no clear direction at this company.

Interview Questions

• What Release Management process would you use   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. There was only one interview and it was in person with the eventual intern manager/supervisor, who was a pretty cool guy. The interview itself was very informal. They asked the normal questions and went over my resume just asking me to expound on each item. They were especially interested in writing skills pertaining to social media.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are more social media savvy than the next college student?   Answer Question

MIS ANALYSIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Three times interview, phone screen, department head, department team. The question were all work related, not very hard since I had we'll prepared. These people were very nice and they were willing to give information about the position and the company.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Very fast. Immediate turnaround from resume to telephone screen to in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest failure and how did you avoid making a similar mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Professionally handled. Offer from HR, some back and forth, agreement

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

LuckiIy, had a friend who worked at my company, and I sent her my resume. She sent it to my now-boss and the HR manager. Within a week, I had a very general phone interview discussing my skill set, that went well. They called me in for a 1:1 interview to assess my personality and gave me a marketing project. Our department always sends a project home with interview candidates to test their skill, innovation, how much research they've done on Market America, and to see in real time what kind of work ethic you have. The more urgently you send in your project, the better. I submitted that to my interviewer, and they called me back for a second interview with the Director. The HR manager called the next day to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• With exceptions to the stability and growth opportunities, why do you want a job at Market America?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We agreed on a salary, and they sent the offer letter. A second HR representative sent me my paperwork, background check information, and drug test instructions. I submitted those, and started work the following Monday. My advice would be to aim high- Market America does not give raises during the year until your annual review, and this only amounts to 3%. Force them to accept your request or make a competitive counter-offer. You will not get another chance.