Market Basket

1.3

Front End Bagged Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Market Basket in January 2014.

You put in an application with Market Basket. If they are interested and hiring, they will call you. Helps if you have a reference from an employee working there. They will set up an interview time where the front end manager will introduce themselves to you and ask very low pressure questions. Then, they will make you look at their rules and policies and have you agree to them and sign your initials. If you get an interview, it usually means they have decided to hire you. After the interview, there will be a short waiting period while your time card comes in. After this, you will be scheduled for training which is usually two or three days for baggers and a little longer for cashiers. During training, you work a register with someone in the same job position that management knows does their job well and can adequately teach a new hire. Once training is over, you will work the register on your own and be considered a full employee.

Interview Questions
    • There really are not many questions involved, mostly just a reviewing of their policies and guidelines.   Answer Question
    I was offered a job in the front end and accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Market Basket in October 2013.

They're always accepting job applications and are hiring part time employees often. Filled out a short application at the customer service booth and was contacted for an interview a few weeks later. It was a one on one interview with one of the managers but there was a supervisor there who listened in and talked sometimes too, the questions were very basic and they made it pretty clear right away that I'd be getting hired. Filled out more application forms and signed papers, then scheduled my first day of training right away.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work here?" Obviously because I'm another part time teenage employee looking for experience and money, but couldn't really say that   Answer Question

Bag Boy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Basket.

I applied and got the interview right away. The interview is about as bare-bones as you can get. You literally walk in, the manager asks for your documentation (ie. Application, license, SS etc.), he asks you some simple questions (where do you live, school, transportation etc.) and you're hired.

Bagger Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Market Basket.

Easy, asked about hours and If I was in school.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner, NH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Basket in August 2011.

You apply for the job, I got interviewed right away when I handed in my application and started working up front 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions. Just act polite, personable, and not like a complete hick.   Answer Question
    No negotiation is needed. Base pay for part time is 8/hr.

Sacker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Market Basket in September 2010.

Just asked me my time frames, about my work ethics, any activities I do outside of school and school. They basically are just looking to find out when you can work. It was very easy and I already had the job. Make sure you wear something decently nice and have a good shave. Have seen people rejected from interviews cause of how they've dressed/looked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Basket in August 2010.

The front end manager simply asked me a few questions about my application. When are you available? Do you play any sports after school? Things like that. Then he explained the uniform requirements, and hired me on the spot.

No negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Market Basket in June 2009.

They asked me typical questions like why do you want to work here and what are your aspirations. They critiqued my resume.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rindge, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rindge, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Basket in March 2009.

Walked in dressed in business casual. Announced my arrival to the customer service desk and awaited the store manager for my interview. The interview was arranged after the deposit of my application for employment. A phone call confirmed my appointment.

Store manager Bill Dube interviewed 1:1 in his office. Asked general questions and asked me what i wanted to make. I replied asking for whatever he would offer. I received $8/hr starting pay.

He assured me the store was covered in cameras and any theft would result in immediate penal action and job loss. He proceeded to give me a general tour, rendezvous with the produce manager and a copy of the dress code along with my first week training schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   View Answer
    No negotiation. If you are offered a position, expect to be offered an average retail clerk wage. Minimum is expected.