Market Basket

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacker Interview

Salem, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Market Basket in September 2010.

Interview Details – Just asked me my time frames, about my work ethics, any activities I do outside of school and school. They basically are just looking to find out when you can work. It was very easy and I already had the job. Make sure you wear something decently nice and have a good shave. Have seen people rejected from interviews cause of how they've dressed/looked.

Interview Question – No hard questions were asked.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Warner, NH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Market Basket in August 2011.

Interview Details – You apply for the job, I got interviewed right away when I handed in my application and started working up front 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – No real questions. Just act polite, personable, and not like a complete hick.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is needed. Base pay for part time is 8/hr.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Market Basket in June 2009.

Interview Details – They asked me typical questions like why do you want to work here and what are your aspirations. They critiqued my resume.

Bag Boy Interview

Interviewed at Market Basket

Interview Details – Easy

Leominster, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview Details – I applied and got the interview right away. The interview is about as bare-bones as you can get. You literally walk in, the manager asks for your documentation (ie. Application, license, SS etc.), he asks you some simple questions (where do you live, school, transportation etc.) and you're hired.

Interview Question – None. It was all very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview Details – Easy, asked about hours and If I was in school.

Interview Question – What hours are you available?   Answer Question

Bagger
Nashua, NH

The process took a day - interviewed at Market Basket in August 2010.

Interview Details – The front end manager simply asked me a few questions about my application. When are you available? Do you play any sports after school? Things like that. Then he explained the uniform requirements, and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Do you play any sports after school?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Rindge, NH

The process took a day - interviewed at Market Basket in March 2009.

Interview Details – Walked in dressed in business casual. Announced my arrival to the customer service desk and awaited the store manager for my interview. The interview was arranged after the deposit of my application for employment. A phone call confirmed my appointment.

Store manager Bill Dube interviewed 1:1 in his office. Asked general questions and asked me what i wanted to make. I replied asking for whatever he would offer. I received $8/hr starting pay.

He assured me the store was covered in cameras and any theft would result in immediate penal action and job loss. He proceeded to give me a general tour, rendezvous with the produce manager and a copy of the dress code along with my first week training schedule.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. If you are offered a position, expect to be offered an average retail clerk wage. Minimum is expected.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview Details – Consisted of two one on one interviews. Questions centered around prior work experiance and what hours I was able to work.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Asked about prior experiance and if I had reliable transportation. .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Market Basket? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Market Basket interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Market Basket employees and interview candidates.