Market Basket Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

1.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Market Basket (Oxford, MA).

Interview

Talked with one hiring manager, interviewed (basic questions about why you wanted to work there, etc.), and was called back to fill out employment paperwork two days later. I also know many people who were called back for second or third interviews, so beware that that is a possibility. Also, note that this was hiring for a new store (that had yet to open). Once the store had opened, hiring practices had become a bit less stringent.

Interview Questions

• What connection do you have to the Market Basket brand?   Answer Question

Any Position Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

If you get called for an "interview" you basically already have a job if you want it. I was a teenager at the time and didn't really care where they put me as long as I was getting paid. Most of the people that I've seen being interviewed over the years were employed immediately after. You basically fill out the necessary paper work to be employed when you get called for an interview.

Front End Bagged Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Market Basket (Salem, NH) in January 2014.

Interview

You put in an application with Market Basket. If they are interested and hiring, they will call you. Helps if you have a reference from an employee working there. They will set up an interview time where the front end manager will introduce themselves to you and ask very low pressure questions. Then, they will make you look at their rules and policies and have you agree to them and sign your initials. If you get an interview, it usually means they have decided to hire you. After the interview, there will be a short waiting period while your time card comes in. After this, you will be scheduled for training which is usually two or three days for baggers and a little longer for cashiers. During training, you work a register with someone in the same job position that management knows does their job well and can adequately teach a new hire. Once training is over, you will work the register on your own and be considered a full employee.

Interview Questions

• There really are not many questions involved, mostly just a reviewing of their policies and guidelines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a job in the front end and accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Market Basket (Nashua, NH) in October 2013.

Interview

They're always accepting job applications and are hiring part time employees often. Filled out a short application at the customer service booth and was contacted for an interview a few weeks later. It was a one on one interview with one of the managers but there was a supervisor there who listened in and talked sometimes too, the questions were very basic and they made it pretty clear right away that I'd be getting hired. Filled out more application forms and signed papers, then scheduled my first day of training right away.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?" Obviously because I'm another part time teenage employee looking for experience and money, but couldn't really say that   Answer Question

Bag Boy Interview

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Market Basket (Leominster, MA).

Interview

I applied and got the interview right away. The interview is about as bare-bones as you can get. You literally walk in, the manager asks for your documentation (ie. Application, license, SS etc.), he asks you some simple questions (where do you live, school, transportation etc.) and you're hired.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

Easy, asked about hours and If I was in school.

Sacker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Market Basket (Concord, NH) in September 2011.

Interview

Brief. Fill out the application and bring it back. You're hired.

Most people get hired as teenagers and remain with the company, so there are not any interview questions nor is there a screening process. Just show up. It's that easy.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Market Basket (Warner, NH) in August 2011.

Interview

You apply for the job, I got interviewed right away when I handed in my application and started working up front 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• No real questions. Just act polite, personable, and not like a complete hick.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is needed. Base pay for part time is 8/hr.

Sacker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Market Basket (Salem, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Just asked me my time frames, about my work ethics, any activities I do outside of school and school. They basically are just looking to find out when you can work. It was very easy and I already had the job. Make sure you wear something decently nice and have a good shave. Have seen people rejected from interviews cause of how they've dressed/looked.