Market Day Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Market Day Corporation

Sales Representative Interview

Hiring process was chaotic, communication issues. Training consisted of only 2 afternoons, mostly learned as i went along. Was hired by the direct district manager but did not start working until 3 months later.

Interview Questions
    • If i had sales and computer experience, and if i was able to travel to different areas and schools, a non traditional job/hours   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase, pay is what it is!!

Graphic Designer Interview

Had a very short interview over the phone. Very brief and simple.

Interview Questions
    I was contacted the following week after the interview and was offered the position. I was contacted later that day saying the hiring manager had decided to go in a different direction with the role. I thought the way Market Day handled this process was very unprofessional and I understand why there is an extremely high turnover rate with this company. I later found out one of my friends had previously worked with Market Day - they told me that had she known I was considering this company, she wouldn't have recommended that I interview with them.

Temporary Brochure Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Market Day Corporation in September 2011.

I applied on line on a Friday. The HR rep called the next day to schedule the interview. It was a good interview that included a detail description of the company, the position as well as a tour of the warehouse and products offered.

Interview Questions

I have not declined the offer yet. The pay is only $9.50 per hour. I have to decided if the dollar amount is worth the traveling distance.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hudson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Market Day Corporation in September 2010.

Very detailed and in depth for a simple position. They really play up the position to be awesome and act like you will have schedule flexibility, then you receive your account list and you have a set schedule which varies every week, but is the same month to month.

Interview Questions
    • I was shocked by the complexity of the interview. For a part-time position, they asked about long term goals, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Market Day Corporation in May 2011.

The interview process was round robin with phone calls. First step was through HR manager, then phone interview with DM then met face to face with HR VP then slaes VP . Then finally met DM. No job description was given at any time. The position is a consultative sales position but all interview questions were textbook retail management position. No one really gave me a sense for what the position is really about and that is n=managing account representatives to sell. The account reps have no selling skills and are warm bodies at the schools.

Interview Questions
    No, no negotiations, take it or leave it

Worked for Market Day Corporation? Contribute to the Community!