Market Day Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Market Day Corporation

Interview Details – Hiring process was chaotic, communication issues. Training consisted of only 2 afternoons, mostly learned as i went along. Was hired by the direct district manager but did not start working until 3 months later.

Interview Question – If i had sales and computer experience, and if i was able to travel to different areas and schools, a non traditional job/hours   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, pay is what it is!!

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

Interviewed at Market Day Corporation

Interview Details – Had a very short interview over the phone. Very brief and simple.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was contacted the following week after the interview and was offered the position. I was contacted later that day saying the hiring manager had decided to go in a different direction with the role. I thought the way Market Day handled this process was very unprofessional and I understand why there is an extremely high turnover rate with this company. I later found out one of my friends had previously worked with Market Day - they told me that had she known I was considering this company, she wouldn't have recommended that I interview with them.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Hudson, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Market Day Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed and in depth for a simple position. They really play up the position to be awesome and act like you will have schedule flexibility, then you receive your account list and you have a set schedule which varies every week, but is the same month to month.

Interview Question – I was shocked by the complexity of the interview. For a part-time position, they asked about long term goals, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Temporary Brochure Associate Interview

Temporary Brochure Associate
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Market Day Corporation in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on line on a Friday. The HR rep called the next day to schedule the interview. It was a good interview that included a detail description of the company, the position as well as a tour of the warehouse and products offered.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not declined the offer yet. The pay is only $9.50 per hour. I have to decided if the dollar amount is worth the traveling distance.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Market Day Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was round robin with phone calls. First step was through HR manager, then phone interview with DM then met face to face with HR VP then slaes VP . Then finally met DM. No job description was given at any time. The position is a consultative sales position but all interview questions were textbook retail management position. No one really gave me a sense for what the position is really about and that is n=managing account representatives to sell. The account reps have no selling skills and are warm bodies at the schools.

Interview Question – How to you manage a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, no negotiations, take it or leave it

Worked for Market Day Corporation? Contribute to the Community!